Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#26 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
Well I care, sayyadina. I hope it won't be too buggy...

Its hopefully going to work at least. They cant seriously release something that buggy.That would be too a big flop for them since they announce sims 3 as something really new and special. Thats what I think.

And there will probably be a patch...

I never experienced that many problems with normal gameplay in the sims 2, so even if that was buggy, I never noticed it much.

But maybe I settle for less...as long as there is a sims-game to play, Im content.
Advertisement
#27 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 4:03 AM
It can't be that buggy if they played it for everyone to see at the GC.
Theorist
#28 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 4:15 AM
Well The Sims 2 is released and it IS that buggy :P
Test Subject
#29 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 1:05 AM
Maybe you guys are just really unforunate I've never had a non-hack related glitch in my game except for the small things like when we had those nonstop fussy babies
#30 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 2:50 AM
A game the size and scope of Sims 3 will have bugs at launch. It's likely to be millions of lines of code, and a single typo in that could create weird effects. It'll be something that doesn't look critical, but when the line is read enough times, it will turn bad. Like the character limit in Sims 2. You can't really catch 10-20 generations of gameplay bugs in Sims 2 without having enough people sit down and play 10-20 generations. We all know how long that takes.

Sims 3 will have bugs, it will have patches. It will have expansion that will make new bugs that will need new patches.

It's a complexity issue. It's nearly impossible to catch all bugs in initial QA. Some bugs won't show up before we, the players, get our hands on it. I just hope they're relatively harmless.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 3:52 PM
I could wish they could wait longer. I first heard November 09. February sounds a bit too early. I haven't even bought Apartments yet due to schoolwork. Shame on you, EA! Release one EP some few months before a new game?!
When is The Sims 4 gonna come? One month later?
I am actually looking forwards to the game but I could wish they could release it in the summer, not in the middle of my school year!
#32 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn
I could wish they could wait longer. I first heard November 09. February sounds a bit too early. I haven't even bought Apartments yet due to schoolwork. Shame on you, EA! Release one EP some few months before a new game?!
When is The Sims 4 gonna come? One month later?
I am actually looking forwards to the game but I could wish they could release it in the summer, not in the middle of my school year!

That doesn't even make sense. It took, what, like 5 years for TS3 to come around? TS2 is an ancient game considering the technological advances that have occurred since it's release. This is hardly too soon for a new game.
And I'm sorry if six months is too few for you to fully explore Apartment Life. I've had it for a week and I am just about bored of it.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heavenzdvl987
That doesn't even make sense. It took, what, like 5 years for TS3 to come around? TS2 is an ancient game considering the technological advances that have occurred since it's release. This is hardly too soon for a new game.
And I'm sorry if six months is too few for you to fully explore Apartment Life. I've had it for a week and I am just about bored of it.

That's you. I don't consider TS2 an ancient game. I can't say I get tired of it and you can do about anything with it. And I won't say the graphics are bad. And it doesn't matter much to me how new a game is or not. What matters is the quality of the game. 6 months to explore an EP is very little time. When I buy something new I use it longer than 6 months. Sorry.
#34 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 11:20 PM
I kind of resent the fact that im going to be well into school at the date, because we all know shool comes before sims, and that that doesnt really matter because I'll put sims first for atleast a week and then be behind on all my school work and fail the year. I hope your happy, EA! :banghead:

Im pesimest.... humor me.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 1:10 PM
Yes... But one little thing that is good with the game is that people grow automaticly, which means that it won't take too much time and you don't need to think about "playing all sims in the hood", especially not in order.
Alchemist
#36 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 2:27 PM
That's you. I don't consider TS2 an ancient game. I can't say I get tired of it and you can do about anything with it. And I won't say the graphics are bad. And it doesn't matter much to me how new a game is or not. What matters is the quality of the game. 6 months to explore an EP is very little time. When I buy something new I use it longer than 6 months. Sorry.

It's never taken me 6 months to explore any EP.

University-Send sims to school,graduate, get good jobs, maybe explore the SS house, join a greek house. Not 6 months of play tiem to me

NL- Buy cars, go on dates. Become a vampire, anything else? Not 6 months of play time for me

OFB-Can't really judge OFB because I got bored with running businesses really fast, so possibly 6 months there just because of running a business

Pets- Nuff said

Seasons- Grow crops, build snowmen, make snow angels, have snow ball fights, rake leaves, anything else? Not 6 months of exploration for me

Bon Voyage-Who wasn't bored with this one after a month?

Free Time-Possibly six months of play time if you're trying to max every hobby

AL-Apartment living. Nothing more to see here folks

Now that's not to say I don't enjoy TS2 because I do, I just don't see how anyone can't fully explore any EP in 6 months. With that said, I wish TS3 was pushed back a few months. As much as I want to play it, I want them to get it as right as possible the first time
Field Researcher
#37 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 7:52 PM
But for me TS2 is much more than exploring things once and letting it go. I never explore just to test something out. I play. I play (and follow a storyline) and explore. I have played TS2 for a long time and I am not tired of it. You can do anything with it. And the sims are having kids and new sims are born. You have to explore and make new generations.
Alchemist
#38 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 9:40 PM
The release of TS3 doesn't prevent you from continuing playing TS2, it also doesn't force you to buy TS3
Scholar
#39 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 9:54 PM
true. but as eager as i am to by the sims 3 and stop with the sims 2 i can see where there coming from:
all these ppl that hate the sims 3 and want to continue with the sims 2: this means that EPs will stop being released (maybee even stuff packs... who knows)P and the only new content will be CC or S2S. so...i agree...but personaly..im so over TS2. the sims 3 will be a nice upgrade
Alchemist
#40 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 12:16 PM
I just think after 4 years it's time for something new. I mean what can you do with TS2 that you haven't already done? Bring on TS3
Forum Resident
#41 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 6:40 PM
I do get the feeling some people want there never to be a Sims 3 and for them to just keep making EPs forever. All good things come to an end, is what I say. A computer game just usually doesn't have a shelf life that is incredibly long, due to rapid advances in technology. And I don't want a repeat of Sims 2 with Sims 3 - I want new stuff too (quite a bit of new stuff they aren't giving us, in fact).

After about three years, I think the only reason delay is really necessary is to turn out a good final product. They should never forget that the idea is to produce something better than the previous product. Something with adjustable heights, busts and hips and the ability to create infants in CAS (no, I'm not bitter, even thought I though the first and last of those were givens). And with lots of things we haven't thought of.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
I do get the feeling some people want there never to be a Sims 3 and for them to just keep making EPs forever. All good things come to an end, is what I say. A computer game just usually doesn't have a shelf life that is incredibly long, due to rapid advances in technology. And I don't want a repeat of Sims 2 with Sims 3 - I want new stuff too (quite a bit of new stuff they aren't giving us, in fact).

After about three years, I think the only reason delay is really necessary is to turn out a good final product. They should never forget that the idea is to produce something better than the previous product. Something with adjustable heights, busts and hips and the ability to create infants in CAS (no, I'm not bitter, even thought I though the first and last of those were givens). And with lots of things we haven't thought of.

I am really looking forwards to adjustable heights, the fact that you don't have to play all families in the hood (cause they grow automatically), personality traits etc. BUT the whole idea that there will only be one neighborhood turns me off. I have always loved Strangetown (and I like Pleasantview and Desiderata too). I like to switch between hoods (when it comes to themes, landscape etc.). I have always been critical to TS3 because I think TS2 gives me what I want. People say "there aren't much to do with TS2 that you haven't done". People, this is The Sims 2, not Super Mario Bros! TS2 is a "never ending game" considering that you can give birth to new generations. And there is much I haven't done yet, because I see it as a role playing game rather than "let's go and discover", contrary to when I play Mario (I go and discover the new worlds).
Alchemist
#43 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 5:06 PM
I still fail to see how the release of TS3 prevents you from playing TS2
Test Subject
#44 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 5:41 PM
the whole idea that there will only be one neighborhood turns me off. I have always loved Strangetown (and I like Pleasantview and Desiderata too). I like to switch between hoods (when it comes to themes, landscape etc.). I have always been critical to TS3 because I think TS2 gives me what I want. People say "there aren't much to do with TS2 that you haven't done". People, this is The Sims 2, not Super Mario Bros! TS2 is a "never ending game" considering that you can give birth to new generations. And there is much I haven't done yet, because I see it as a role playing game rather than "let's go and discover", contrary to when I play Mario (I go and discover the new worlds).
Yes, this is true. In fact, I'm not even finished with Sims 1 I'm looking forward to it though because I'm eager to see a new type of gameplay, something even closer to a RPG's gameplay, and to the disappearance of need bars. This whole 1 neighborhood thing you're worried about, well, it's customizable, there'll be expansions, there'll be mod tools and mods, I'm pretty sure. The way it looks this will most likely live longer even then Sims 2.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
I still fail to see how the release of TS3 prevents you from playing TS2

The explanation you use now has become a cliché! Do you know how many people have said this to me??? Where do they want to go with it???

Playing The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 at the same time takes much time. I have quitted playing The Sims 1 and I feel finished with it (I was finished with it 2 years before buying TS2) but I don't feel ready to let go of TS2 and at the same time I want to play TS3. It does not prevent me from playing TS2 but one of the fun things about TS2 is sharing stories, pictures, hacks and custom content, and of course: discussing the game with others. The Sims 2 society might die out.
And I don't like that EA are releasing a TS2 EP only some few months before TS3. They should have waited a year after the last EP.
Test Subject
#46 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 4:48 PM
Yeah but they released making magic when we knew that the sims 2 was coming out.

[SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkOrchid]*flip flops..belly tops..lemonade under the shade..blue skies..hot guys..late nights..water fights..ice cream..sweet dreams..party time..looking fine..sleeping in..sneaking out..thats what us girls are all about!*[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Page 2 of 2