Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 12:38 AM
TS2 is so boooooooorrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnnnngggg.

If only it had some of the EP's from The Sims.

I been playing it on and off for months, and not more for than 40 min. It gets so boring just having to the same damn thing over and over.

I was happy that in The Sims 3 I can actually get outa being on just one lot and not having to keep their needs up every 2 min or use the cheat to green them.

It sucks that Empire : Total War is delayed until 3/3/09 but I guess I can play that for 3 months.

Edit:

I do like this house though,

http://thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/e...tside#Lightside

At-least they updated the blog.
Advertisement
#27 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 12:48 AM
The game is as boring as you make it. If you are a boring player, then your gameplay will be boring. It's up to you!

I will also be playing Empire: Total War! Booyeah, it comes out the week of my spring break.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 12:52 AM
I dunno I do enjoy building on the sims 2, but I find gameplay just so boring lol. Iv done all the Role Play I can come up with, presidents, royal families, etc...
#29 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 12:57 AM
In my opinion, the trick to keeping TS2 relevant is to actually make it hard for yourself and move yourself out of your comfort zone. Play with lotfullofsims so that there's more Sims than you can ordinarily handle. Play an ISBI where you can only control one Sim in a legacy. Get some hacks that introduce more autonomous actions so that your Sims do things that surprise you. Give up a little control and the game can surprise you.
Alchemist
#30 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Furude Rika
install it agian ... get Mansion & Garden stuff if you didn't already because it's pretty cool ... and find a new way to play to keep you entertained. Do an ISBI challenge or something.

Nope, quit bossin'.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MARCINEKOK
Edit:

Yeah ... at least they did that. Of course. Lightside's houses are HUGE ... and have a LOT of greenery. As a matter of fact, it looks to me like this guy went over the 4 trees/shrubs things someone said we couldn't go over ... or Very Bad Things would happen. I'm still trying to understand that.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 1:04 AM
It may be something they are fixing or have fixed.

But they also said that bad things MIGHT happen,. maybe they don't always, maybe their computers are stronger so this guys house (which I love) wont crash on their comps.
#33 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Nope, quit bossin'.

Oh, snap! I got told. <--- too emphasize the fact that I am not being srs bsns here
Field Researcher
#34 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 1:14 AM
Im kinda disapointed. I would have got the game this month, but since its coming out in June, It will be near my dipolmas, and I wont have time. So I will probaly buy it in July or August.
Scholar
#35 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 1:14 AM
I hope they start updating the "Community Finds" again here.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 1:17 AM
I never knew it was going to be on the iPod Touch/phone =P

I'll probably buy it for the iPod Touch =P

But hate the delay, i'm eager to play something new!
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 1:20 AM
I think I'm one of the few that is glad for the long delay :P
My computer wont beable to handle the game so the longer, the more chances I get of being able to buy a new computer.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Forum Resident
#38 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 1:20 AM
my 30th birthday is in july and i need a new computer so im gonna buy myselfa new computer for my 30th for the sims 3:D
Instructor
#39 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 1:25 AM
This SOOO sucks, but I can deal with it, I mean it'll just make me more anxious and more ready to buy it, its really no big deal to me though, yeah I was wanting to get it on the 20th, but I had to put myself in their shoes, they are trying to do whats best for their banking, so there will be and EA in the future, that is completely understandable!!
Alchemist
#40 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MARCINEKOK
TS2 is so boooooooorrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnnnngggg.

If only it had some of the EP's from The Sims.

I been playing it on and off for months, and not more for than 40 min. It gets so boring just having to the same damn thing over and over.

I was happy that in The Sims 3 I can actually get outa being on just one lot and not having to keep their needs up every 2 min or use the cheat to green them.

It sucks that Empire : Total War is delayed until 3/3/09 but I guess I can play that for 3 months.

Edit:

I've been kind of playing TS2 the same way you have anticipating TS3. Oh well, I still have GTA4, Far Cry, and Left for Dead to keep me busy until June. Hopefully EA makes good use of the time
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 2:34 AM
I'm not shocked.

I'm hapstrated. *happy+frustrated*

I'm happy because I can get The Sims 3 as an early birthday present. Horray for me! I'm also happy because the game will be less buggy, and will include the features missing from the Creator Camp.

I'm frustrated because I want my game now! :P

Sims3King
Lots, photography, and machinima...
Coming soon

The star maker says, "It ain't so bad"
The dream maker's gonna make you mad;
The spaceman says, "Everybody look down!
Its all in your mind!"
#42 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 3:17 AM
I'm angry. Stupid EA. Hate them so much.

But I guess there's nothng I can do. But still.. omg I hate ea so so much
#43 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 3:18 AM
I recommend everyone read sims3king's thread ... there you will find out 1) we have new box art, 2) a new trailer, and 3) the game is going to be released on a PC/Mac hybrid DVD!
Field Researcher
#44 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 3:41 AM
Crap! I'm gonna be in Poland when it comes out (visiting relatives)

Argh. Maybe I can buy it there :P
#45 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 3:56 AM
I'm pissed, Royally.
But I'm glad the hype is over. So its delayed.
Most of us are disappointed. Me especially because I felt like i waited for February forever. It was almost in my hands...X-ing off those days till February 20th.
Now I got to start all over again. I just wish they had been more sure of release date. This is a worldwide disappointment. Damn.
Forum Resident
#46 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Furude Rika
This doesn't seem surprising. I suppose the TS3 creators should count themselves lucky if they still have a job. And I hope that the other delays mentioned in that article will help people put things in perspective and realize: NO~ TS3 IS NOT SPECIAL. They are not doing this just to break your pink, sparkly hearts. They are doing this because they are a business, and they are loosing major money, because in case you hadn't noticed, we are in the middle of a crisis right now. You getting TS3 right away is hardly that important.

I disagree they are whining about not getting enough when they rack in more sales than just about every other game company out there. EA isn't doing nearly as poor as some.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 4:10 AM
Shucks, I was just starting to allow myself to get hyped about the game. Same with Dragon Age. One can only hope that they don't just shelve it for four months, but improve it a bit based on Creator's Camp feedback. Or maybe they'll come to their sense during this extra time and drop the draconic DRM... I'm such a dreamer....

A lurking translator who goes stealthily converting text strings into finnish when he feels like doing that, which is very rarely.
#48 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by audioromance
I disagree they are whining about not getting enough when they rack in more sales than just about every other game company out there. EA isn't doing nearly as poor as some.

No, they aren't doing as poor as "some" (if they were, we wouldn't be looking at a delay, we'd be looking at no game at all), but they have to adjust the way they operate their business based on their current economic situation and outlook.

Quote:
For the October-December quarter, EA posted total net revenues of $1.65 billion, up $151 million from the year-ago period. That figure is substantially tempered by EA's total losses for the period, which grew to a staggering $641 million compared to $33 million from the year prior. As noted by EA, the publisher was heavily weighed down by a goodwill impairment charge of $368 million related to its wireless business as well as a $244 million charge pertaining to deferred tax assets.

"Our holiday quarter came in below our expectations, and we have significantly reduced our financial outlook for fiscal 2009," said Riccitiello in a statement. "We delivered on game quality and innovation in calendar 2008, with 13 games rated 80 or above, more than any third-party publisher. We expect to build on this great-quality record in the year ahead while delivering more profitability."

So they made revenues of $1.65 billion but lost $641 million. Out of the profit left over, they have to pay employees, market new games, develop new games, and a million other things. Oh, and pay their lawyers in their lawsuit over SecuRom. :eviltongu I'm no EA fan, but those are the facts. Facts are good. Facts are your friend. Embrace reality!

Quote:
On Tuesday, EA also announced its third-quarter earnings and said it would be laying off about 1,100 employees--about 11 percent of its total staff--and closing 12 facilities worldwide.

Is that a big enough deal for you?

Quote:
lmao this was my exact thought. Think sims 2 is boring? Well you just aren't creative enough! Bummed a bit about the release date change? OMG GET SOME PERSPECTIVE! It's so LOL.

Sorry, I just don't like whiners! Particularly over something so trivial and frivolous. All I advised was instead of whining and feeling sorry for yourself, look on the positive side, and do something. I know a lot of people had an visceral reaction to this, and that there are a lot of young people on this forum. But, you have to grow up someday. I'm just helping them along.
#49 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 4:39 AM
Damn, means im gonna get it half way through year 12. Don't know if I'll even have time to play it =(
*sigh* just when I thought I was gonna have it... they pretty much ripped it from my hands, lol. Looks like its back to 90's era game boy games for me lol.
#50 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 4:43 AM
To be honest, I'm happy and disappointed at the same time about the delay. I'm happy in the respect that I now have time to get a brand - new computer in order to play it (the only that I have now can barely run the base Sims 2 game without lagging, let alone trying to use EP's).

I'm disappointed in the fact that we have to wait for JULY!!!. I was expecting a delay of late March - early April but yeesh...I didn't see this one coming. The economy does suck and I guess I shouldn't be all that surprised that even EA got slapped roundly across the face by reality.

However, I do wish that they didn't wait until practically last minute to announce this.*sighs*

All we can do is wait...or hope that they change the date back. lol
Page 2 of 11