Replies: 52 (Who?), Viewed: 29881 times.
Page 1 of 3
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 8:26 PM
Default 7eps will or won't be enough for ts3?
well, i don't think so; sims 3 has 9 eps behind to possibly remake(superstar, makin' magic, vacantion/bon voyage, hot date/nightlife, uleashed/pets, university, open for buisness, seasons and free time), but also must come with new ideas(like sims 2 came with uni/ofb/seasons/ft);

my guess is that the base game will contain something nightlifeish and seasons(sims 2 also quite had integrated livin' large and house party in it but with less options like the genie-witch was later added-, tragic clown, mime, some cool guy with a limo, etc.) and there will be, like in sims 2, 4 original concepts and 3 remakes(or, more probabbly, 4 remakes and 3 originals)

well... what do you think? will the number of sims 3 EPs will be 7 or more?

i personally belive that they will continue with 7 expansions(uni, pets, ft and SS/MM remake and 3 original ideas)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 9:07 PM
I don't think they will bother with Uni, I used it the week I got it and since then..... nope. Never. Its a total waste!
I think they need to keep seasons, bon voyage, open for business and pets. Nightlife was only really popular because of the cars.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 9:28 PM
I hope they'll put it all together that would be nice. But then there would be no fun in expecting the EP's since they wouldn't have to make them

"Over the Mountains of the Moon, down the Valley of the Shadow, ride, boldly ride," the shade replied - "if you seek for Eldorado"
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 9:56 PM
Putting it all together would be wonderful. They could add seasons, OFB businesses, economy, nightlife (dating and cars), and dogs and cats as pets from basegame. Then they could expand on those elements in future EPs. Like add more animals and interactions in a Pets EP, or add more business elements (stock exchange, auctions, possibility to run a factory, different types of businesses) in an OFB EP.
Theorist
#5 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 10:16 PM
7 EPs should be more than enough. I really hope most of The Sims 2 stuff is included in the base game (for crying out loud EA, don't make us beg for a Pets EP again) and have only 2 remakes at the most because let's face it, the new ideas were mostly much better than the old ones.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 2:27 AM
7 is plenty just like its precessors.

Hopefully they decide to leave out Pets this time round, its come from bad-to-worse between the Sims1 and Sims2.

And hopefully EPs like Seasons are included in the Base Game, because its not too much fun buying an EP just for mostly new graphics effects.
Alchemist
#7 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 3:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradThe2nd
7 is plenty just like its precessors.

Hopefully they decide to leave out Pets this time round, its come from bad-to-worse between the Sims1 and Sims2.

And hopefully EPs like Seasons are included in the Base Game, because its not too much fun buying an EP just for mostly new graphics effects.


Yeah, they should include seasons in Sims 3. Without it, it would be lame. I can't imagine playing Sims without seasons, weather, and gardening. I think they might as well stick pets in it too, just don't make as big a deal about them.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 3:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentate
Nightlife was only really popular because of the cars.


Oh, I disagree with that! Nightlife added dates, too, remember? There were a ton of new interactions.

I think stuff like that will/should be included with the base game, though. I can't imagine them leaving out pets, cars, and seasons, at least.
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 3:53 AM
I hope Sims 3 doesn't have to many expansion packs. I want alot of of them squeezed into the base game, and than just have 2 or 3 expansion packs following it. I'm sick of bugging people to get me to a store and to go buy expansions..xD
and..there's been 100 million sims buyers out there...wow.
But, I do hope cars, and weather, and all that good stuff is in the base. I can't spend all my money on expansion after expansion. and if it will make Maxis release Sims 3 late, go ahead by me. It just better not be a bugged up game. I'd like it to be nice.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 6:00 AM
Honestly, I really don't see another Nightlife remake. It would be completely pointless given the fact that everything on that EP can easily ship with the base game. University should be added to the base game as well but this time by making college an option for adults and elders as well like in real life. Pets should be included only because it only came with a few different types of animals to begin with, so they can just add onto it in a possible Zoo EP. Let's see what else... ah... Open For Business could be one that may possibly be in an EP but maybe just keep the basic elements in the base game, only because if you think about it, EA wants us to focus on the many new things that are already coming to play and focusing on running a shop in the base game might be a little bit much for new players. So for that I can see OFB as a remake. Seasons is a must for base game ONLY because it was originally going to be in the TS2 base game and it's weather for crying out loud... we need weather! BV could possibly be a remake but it could also be in the base game as a minimal feature. Free Time is definitely not going to be a remake because hobbies are just realistic things to have in a base game since TS3 is obviously having a much more focus on reality. Super Star will definitely be a remake, it is way too much for a base game, and Makin' Magic can be minimal in a base game. Is that it? Did I cover it all? I mean, think about it... Livin' Large, House Party, Hot Date as remakes... you'd have to be crazy to think EA will actually do such a thing knowing that they are so minimal for such a larger sequal that can easily contain all these features in the base game.

EDIT: I voted more because now that we are going to get all the older ideas in the base game or maybe in one or two extra EP's, that leaves room for many more new ideas. Like a zoo, an amusement park, circus, etc.
Alchemist
#11 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 10:10 PM
yep, i agree, i only bought nightlife for the cars. i never use uni and i really dont see the point in seasons because its annoying when it lightens and your speakers are really loud :D
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 10:48 PM
I can't see them doing a Uni remake. More likely combined with another XP or part of the base game. It was a very weak XP in mine opinion and would have done a lot worse had it not been the first XP.

Likewise I cannot see Seasons being an XP on its own. The different weathers in Seasons were the key elements and I expect to see them in the base game of Sims 3. I would very surprised to see it excluded. Of course EA might see different weather as a very popular feature and could use it to sell an XP.

OFB and BV are good candidates for a remake in Sims 3 with more contents. I am not sure about Pets. One could argue cats and dogs be included in the base game, Sims 3 : Animals or Sims 3 : Farm for more animals. I do not have FT so cannot comment on that.

I still like to see an MM in Sims 2 or Sims 3. SS is interesting and could be use as part of an XP dedicated to more exotic careers.
#13 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 11:14 PM
I think that for Sims 3, they should try to release few expansions, but pack as much as they can into them. Also get rid of the stuff packs; they're useless because we can already download better stuff off of MTS2 and other sites. The extra objects and clothes should be packed into the expansions. Yes, I know that EA is a money-making machine and will probably not do this, but I'm sick and tired of blowing money for expansions. I'm a teenager with a budget; I can't spend hundreds of dollars on EPs and SPs.
Things that should be included in the base game: I'm hoping for Nightlife, Free Time and Seasons already in the base game. Maybe Bon Voyage or Uni, that would be nice. We should get other features from TS2 expansions also in the base game, such as turn ons/offs, creatures, secondary aspiration, etc.
Expansions I'd like to see: Pets, except without the bugs and crap of the TS2 version. If they're going to do another Pets remake, I want MORE ANIMALS. Hello, cats and dogs are not the only pets available. What about horses? I would LURVE that. We should get to do more with the fish, parrots and womrats than just feed them and watch them die. Maybe some more exotic animals, like tigers? Hey, it's possible.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 11:20 PM
I hope its the end of OFB, pointless kindof waste of time since you can earn $$$ from careers instead.

Me ill would miss University, as i played it so much with the Sims2, but I'm tired of remake EPs, I really hope all 7 (if there are 7) are orginial ideas.

And unfortunately Stuff Packs are here to stay, they are made for quick profit(s) and they have been very successful with TheSims2.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 11:26 PM
Yeah, I think SP's will remain. Well if so, they better be damn good ones.
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentate
I don't think they will bother with Uni, I used it the week I got it and since then..... nope. Never. Its a total waste!


uni is my second fav. expansion after free time so i hope for a uni remake
Scholar
DELETED POST
13th Mar 2008 at 5:12 PM
This message has been deleted by Black_Barook!.
Test Subject
#17 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 5:19 PM
I think the base game will already have a nightlife, and seasons with it. So those will just be apart of the base game. Other than that I would actually like a University. I enjoy it, and deffinitly pets. I love the animals. As for OFB, I dont think we need it. I dont use any of the things much, and I barely play the neighborhood. But we do need a BV for TS3.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 10:21 PM
Well, seeing as how Nightlife and Seasons are obviously going to be in the base game, I hope we get domestic pets so we won't need another Pets remake and I hope University can be in the base game but more improved. That way there can be more room left for newer ideas. It's best to cram all of the old ideas into the base game as easily as possible. But BV definitely won't be in the base game because it is way too much of a focus for base game play, and possible OFB as well. Uni won't necessarily have to be a remake because Sims should now go to college without having to be young adults and we can have both the dorm and apartment options. Actually, I hope we get hotels in the base game, too. Maybe not BV exactly but hotels.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 3:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Barook!
I do hope that they will make a culture EP.


What exactly do you mean? "Culture" is a very broad term.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 14th Mar 2008 at 4:26 AM
I think she means an international EP that focuses on having your Sims experience different cultures of the world, like foods, music, customs, traditions, dances, religions, etc. At least that is what I grasped.
Scholar
DELETED POST
15th Mar 2008 at 2:18 PM
This message has been deleted by Black_Barook!.
Original Poster
#21 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 2:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Barook!
I'm a male and yes I mean introducing other cultures into the game such as Arabic, Latin or Asian.

Frankly Middle Class America is boring as hell.


this sounds more like a bit of playing with CAS... i heard that TS3 will have a cool CAS, so arabic/latin/asian sims probabbly would be easy to make... :D
if you could explain how they will integrate into the game <...>
Field Researcher
#22 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 6:37 PM
I actually don't care how many expansions it has, as long as they are great. If there are only four, that'd be fine, or if there are 10, that'd be fine too. As long as they are fun, and add something to the game.

My sims gaming journal. Not very informative.
http://marjchaos.tripod.com/
Scholar
DELETED POST
15th Mar 2008 at 6:46 PM
This message has been deleted by Black_Barook!.
Test Subject
#23 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 7:08 PM
I kinda hope they do a making' magic type ep with 3. In the article, they designer joked about a LotR themed expansion, but I'd actually welcome that
#24 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 7:27 PM
In the base game should be elements from University (don't even have a seperate sub-neighborhood, it's unessesscary. Seasons with in the base game is a must, someone has already mentioned it already - it was meant to be in the Sims2 base so it is essential for it to be in this one.
As much as I wouldn't like it Nightlife and Pets will be in expansions but I can see them putting more into the Nightlife, developing more of a neighborhood for Downtown, putting families in it etc... I'd also put Bon Voyage as part of that expansion as well. Well, well - Pets is something that sold well, it'll be done again!
Superstar and Makin Magic should be remade, I missed them during TS2 and it'll be nice to have that side of the game returned. However OFB was also a big hit and I love having that option in my game, also another possible remake.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 9:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Barook!
Certain races would have boosts in their personality bars (assuming we'd still get those.)

Example: Arabs get a + one for niceness and charisma.


There's nothing that says you have to play your sims as middle-class Americans. Most of the furniture and clothes that we have are designed to fit in with the styles of developed western countries, not just middle-class America.

And you can bet that Eaxis will never give certain races boosts in certain areas. You can't say that Arabs are nicer and more charismatic than everyone else, just as you can't say that, say, the Chinese are neater than everyone else (just to throw out a random example). Personality isn't dependent on race, and Eaxis would never get away with saying that it is.
Page 1 of 3
Back to top