Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 4:01 AM
Yeah, therefore, they have to be careful with how to do this. I was thinking since gang signs are obviously not going to be allowed (LOL) just have rude Sims spray paint evil smileys on beautiful buildings, lol. Then again, some people may even look at that as art, so I guess the whole graffiti option will just have to not be.
Advertisement
#27 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 2:32 PM
I'd love to see how an employee behaves in front of his boss and his wife or family, while he's having affair with his boss's wife or his daughter.....
Mad Poster
#28 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 2:11 AM
And it is cool that sleeping with your boss now gets you a raise and/or promoted. You can have a successful person who was cheated their way through success and if other Sims found out, they should be displeased and maybe some might cheer them on.
#29 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
And it is cool that sleeping with your boss now gets you a raise and/or promoted. You can have a successful person who was cheated their way through success and if other Sims found out, they should be displeased and maybe some might cheer them on.

That would be a good idea...but I'm sure most Sims would find sleeping with your boss to get a promotion somewhat distasteful. Would be funny to have some cheer them on though :P
Mad Poster
#30 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 4:54 AM
Oh I personally find it distasteful but definitely fun for a player Sim.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 6:47 AM
I DID see in the preview in the Sims 3 when I got FT that they do walk the town and interact with the others and infact I think I saw some of the same ineractions that they have in The Sims 2.
Instructor
#32 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yanaba79
OHHH. Or two women who are best friends pushing strollers together! I would love to see a park with a plaground that the kids might meet up at after school and play together.

I recall reading that when Sims are talking to people downtown, and walking at the same time, they won't seperate until the conversation is over. They'll even walk around obsticles like other groups of Sims while continuing their conversation.

I assume if Sims can take babies out in strollers (I would love Sims to be able to take babies downtown too) the same would apply :D

Yeah, therefore, they have to be careful with how to do this. I was thinking since gang signs are obviously not going to be allowed (LOL) just have rude Sims spray paint evil smileys on beautiful buildings, lol. Then again, some people may even look at that as art, so I guess the whole graffiti option will just have to not be.

Maybe graffitti should be an option for Sims but shouldn't be frowned upon by all Sims; neat Sims will dislike it, others might appreciate it -- just like in real life -- and if there's some kind of law enforcement in the town it should be looked over and go unpunished (which is also worthy of discussion - do you think police will be present on the streets if so, what would their actions/purpose be? In Sims 2 and Sims 1 they only came to the house to arrest burglars and that's all as far as I recall lol) if a Sim dislikes it they can wash it away.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 2:05 PM
Maybe if they have high creative points other sims or house owners will like the grafitti and not be bothered by it. If they have low creative points, they'll make the house owners crazy. Not sure about police. Maybe they could get them to do community work if they paint the grafitti on public buildings? And yes, it should be washable.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 4:16 AM
I agree, it needs to be washable so that we don't get stuck with random ugly art, lol. At least let the creative ones make the graffiti look decent.
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 5:32 AM
Maybe there's an option for a group of mean sims to graffiti a whole building wall!
High creative points = a real work of art
Low creative points = cops coming after them
#36 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1306

It's an awesome idea......:D....I really hope the Eaxis people are visiting our forum to get some creative ideas.....
Mad Poster
#37 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 4:37 AM
Honestly, Maxoids should be visiting this forum instead of the BBS because at least we are much more tolerable and it's so much more organized here. Plus just from visiting the BBS, I still like the ideas from this forum better. But I guess the BBS is so much as it is that it takes up most of their times even going through one section of the forums. Especially when there are millions and millions of the same threads.
#38 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 4:49 AM
Honestly, Maxoids should be visiting this forum instead of the BBS because at least we are much more tolerable and it's so much more organized here. Plus just from visiting the BBS, I still like the ideas from this forum better. But I guess the BBS is so much as it is that it takes up most of their times even going through one section of the forums. Especially when there are millions and millions of the same threads.

What is the BBS forums????
Mad Poster
#39 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 2:32 AM
The main forums of the Sims 2 official site.
Instructor
#40 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 1306
Maybe there's an option for a group of mean sims to graffiti a whole building wall!

Awesome. And we should have cops on patrol at random times in the streets. That way we get to have our sims meet simcops outside of burglaries! And if we have low ranking sims in the law enforcement career we should get to see them occasionally "on the beat."

Speaking of jobs, what about lunch breaks? It'd be awesome if we had lunch breaks where sims emerge out of their rabbit holes and get to visit the cafes/restaurants nearby. How cool would it be if our detective sims could visit their favorite coffee spot during lunch? And lunch breaks should get longer the higher the sim's career rank - the lower level grunts would have to visit the work-canteen, i.e. stay inside the rabbit holes.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 11:44 AM
Quote:
If they get caught by the cops while painting graffiti, I think they need to be arrested/chased either way - work of art or not, it's still vandalism.
Instructor
#42 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
If they get caught by the cops while painting graffiti, I think they need to be arrested/chased either way - work of art or not, it's still vandalism.

Well I doubt cops would chase away Banksy if they ever caught him doing his work. And few people would call his work "vandalism" when said vandalism can turn a plain old wall into £20,000.
#43 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by idtaminger
Speaking of jobs, what about lunch breaks? It'd be awesome if we had lunch breaks where sims emerge out of their rabbit holes and get to visit the cafes/restaurants nearby. How cool would it be if our detective sims could visit their favorite coffee spot during lunch? And lunch breaks should get longer the higher the sim's career rank - the lower level grunts would have to visit the work-canteen, i.e. stay inside the rabbit holes.

It's a wonderful idea....maybe the lovers can meet at a coffee shop or restaurant during lunch breaks......
Forum Resident
#44 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 3:01 PM
Well I doubt cops would chase away Banksy if they ever caught him doing his work. And few people would call his work "vandalism" when said vandalism can turn a plain old wall into £20,000.
If someone paints on someone else's property without permission - that's vandalism. The vast majority of graffiti in the world is vandalism (even when it's also art). If someone decides to paint pictures on one of my walls without permission - I'm pressing charges.

What you are talking about is less than 1-in-10,000 odds (way less).
Instructor
#45 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 3:17 PM
Well I don't see why it matters what you personally would do. Just a few weeks ago there was an article in the paper about some corner shop owner who was ecstatic b/c Banksy painted on the side wall of his shop. As you can see people have different reactions to these kinds of things. I think this difference in reaction should be represented in the game.

And odds have nothing to do with it. Banksy work is embraced simply b/c he's famous.
Forum Resident
#46 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 4:00 PM
Well I don't see why it matters what you personally would do. Just a few weeks ago there was an article in the paper about some corner shop owner who was ecstatic b/c Banksy painted on the side wall of his shop. As you can see people have different reactions to these kinds of things. I think this difference in reaction should be represented in the game.

And odds have nothing to do with it. Banksy work is embraced simply b/c he's famous.

I was using myself as an example of the average person as a reaction to average graffiti. Not the reaction to the 1-in-10,000 event that you are talking about.

Quote:
And odds have nothing to do with it. Banksy work is embraced simply b/c he's famous
That's precisely my point 99.99%* (well, way more than that, actually) of the graffiti in the world is not painted by a famous person. It's not valued - it doesn't make the property more valued. It's vandalism. It usually makes the property less attractive/valuable. So, if real-life is being emulated by Sims 3, then 99.99% of the time, anyone caught painting graffiti should be chased/arrested by cops (with very minor penalties, I assume). That is what I'm saying - that people liking the graffiti should be extremely rare (not that it should never occur) - that it should not make up 20% or 10% or even 5% of the reactions (even when a high-creativity Sim painted it).

What I mean by odds is this: a building has had graffiti painted on it - what are the odds that graffiti was done by a famous person or adds value to the building v. the odds that it was done by someone who is not famous or is not really artistic graffiti or devalues the building in some way? I'd say 1:10,000 is extremely heavy on the "valuable" side.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 6:41 PM
Maybe they add Banksy as a graffiti painting NPC and raise the chances of sims liking the graffiti...
#48 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 7:07 PM
Odds are he was probably hired for that job.. Normally, its not like that.. Its gang signs or something=/ I think we are comparing apples and oranges..
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 7:09 PM
who the heck is banksy? I'm not cultured in street art.

edit: google imaged, ok yeah I've seen his work before. Its pretty cool vandalism.
Instructor
#50 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
That's precisely my point 99.99%* (well, way more than that, actually) of the graffiti in the world is not painted by a famous person.

Yes, but 99.99% (I'd even wager it's 100%) of people in the world aren't aliens either. We still have aliens ingame.

What I'm trying to say is that it'd be a nice addition to the game if we could have "art star" sims by maxing out creativity and maybe tracking sold artworks. Right now we already sort of have that with the paintings - The higher the creativity and the more paintings a sim sells the more each painting is worth. It'd be nice if that extended to the graffiti. So if one of our "art star" sims graffiti's something it might even go up in value.

I think that would be a nice touch, although it's probably stretching it. Once upon a time Maxis would actually surprise you with all the cool little details they put into the game. Nowadays, you can barely get past all the bugs.

Quote: Originally posted by nekochanpurr
Odds are he was probably hired for that job..

Not likely. His whole appeal is very counterculture/subversive. Pretty much nobody actually sees the guy at work - his murals just kind of appear. He doesn't court publicity - there's barely any photos or known personal details of the guy himself. And plus, I doubt a corner shop (think bodega) owner would have enough dough to entice Banksy to sell out. In fact, Banksy purposely tends to paint in shoddier, lower income areas.

I personally think he's f-ing brilliant. He did this last week, without actually getting caught on any CCTV cameras, natch: http://curly15.wordpress.com/2008/04/15/banksy-cctv/
Page 2 of 5