Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#51 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 4:56 AM
I would call that.. Vandalism. Specially if hes not paying rent on it. No one should be held above the law... Even if they are famous. I should say, ESPECIALLY if they are famous. =/
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 5:45 AM
Well I am glad finally other people agreed with me. I always knew that graffiti was considered vandalism.
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 7:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
I always knew that graffiti was considered vandalism.

Hasn't it always been?

Anyways, another idea: There is a fountain in town, right? So what if playful sims play in the fountain (besides the soap bubbles prank), and serious sims try to tell them off?
#54 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 12:08 PM
Maybe there should be a new prank....like pushing someone into the fountain!!!!!:D
Scholar
#55 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 7:17 PM
Yes it would be great to push someone in the fountain (with better relations consequences or worse according to the pushed Sim personality) and with a chance of cold if we have temperatures.
Instructor
#56 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nekochanpurr
I would call that.. Vandalism. Specially if hes not paying rent on it. No one should be held above the law... Even if they are famous. I should say, ESPECIALLY if they are famous. =/

Well he probably effectively paid the rent for whoever owned that place. His murals have sold for £100,000 to £200,000. I wouldn't mind getting "vandalized" if I could make $200,000-400,000 out of it.

Quote: Originally posted by Mihura
Yes it would be great to push someone in the fountain (with better relations consequences or worse according to the pushed Sim personality) and with a chance of cold if we have temperatures.

I doubt anyone, playful or not, would enjoy getting pushed into a fountain. A pool maybe. (That would actually be a cool idea. I think we really need more interactions for the pools. It always bothered me how nobody ever interacts while in the pool - except for marco polo, and sims in the pool can't even chat with people outside of it.) But not a fountain. Sopping wet clothes and dirty fountain water? Eck.
#57 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 2:45 AM
Right, I think there should be more pool interactions....like they can float on the pool on those air-filled rubber-like things......and also the pool should have less depth!!!!! And there should more more interactions with the pond other than fishing....it should be swimmable (without the aid of cheats)!!!!!
#58 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by idtaminger
Well he probably effectively paid the rent for whoever owned that place. His murals have sold for £100,000 to £200,000. I wouldn't mind getting "vandalized" if I could make $200,000-400,000 out of it.

Getting compensated is different. =P As long as the owner still agreed. I still don't like the idea of someone doing whatever they like just because they have a lot of money to throw around..
Mad Poster
#59 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 4:09 AM
Well we do know that one of the traits our Sims can possess is "hydrophobic" which means fear of water. So a hydrophobic Sim being pushed into a pool or fountain will be extremely pissed and their furiousness would last quite a while. Well, that and that they will be even more fearful of water because of such a traumatizing experience.

I agree, we need many more pool interactions and more games, too. Why wasn't splashing each other included in Sims 2 pools but were included in the hot tubs? That makes no sense. If anything, you see more splashing going on in pools than in hot tubs. Also, if we do get beaches or at least if we get swimmable lakes, I want more interactions as well, maybe the same as pools. Also, Sims should be able to "hang out" in the pools as another way to raise both fun and social... err... wait, we aren't getting the same motives I forget. Well, there will be a stress vs. fun motive, so that can be raised. And their relationship score will be raised, too!
Mad Poster
#60 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 10:07 AM
I wonder if hydrofobic sims will smell very bad because well they cant wash if they're afraid of water. :D
Regarding the pool splashing and its absence, I think it would be hard for sims to splash when they're trying to swim too. Maybe if they had like a shallower pool they could stand in, then perhaps splashing would be possible too. I think it would be nice if they coud do scubadiving inside the pools.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 3:27 AM
I'm sure hydrophobia in real life doesn't mean being afraid of the actual water, I think it relates more to a body of water, like a pool, lake, ocean, etc. Bathing in a tub which would be extremely shallow is different. At least that is how I see it because I want them to be clean and not dirty, you know?
#62 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 9:47 AM
I'm sure hydrophobia in real life doesn't mean being afraid of the actual water, I think it relates more to a body of water, like a pool, lake, ocean, etc. Bathing in a tub which would be extremely shallow is different. At least that is how I see it because I want them to be clean and not dirty, you know?

Some people, amazingly, actually get nervous being around any water. It would be good if the Sims perhaps worried when they showered/bathed haha.

hehe I can see myself killing a hydrophobic Sim by drowning (well if I can, they can get out of the pool without a ladder being there now...).
Mad Poster
#63 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 4:55 AM
Oh I'm sure there are people who are afraid of water period, but ugh, I also don't want my town to be generated with stinky Sims. That is something that will be hard to avoid. It's just like the dorms in Uni, the dormmates never seem to shower right away and are always stinky.
#64 Old 3rd May 2008 at 12:22 PM
>.> i just read about a portughese woman that is alergic to water or something like this...

about sims in town, sims would act differently depending on the job other have... considering that townies will be both poor and rich
like if your sims is a superhero people would admire him, and he would be given some special interactions... or campaign workers and ecologists to have interactions like 'Ask to sign peition' or 'Convince to vote for [insert mayor wanna-be sim here]' ... with high body it could replace ask and convince with force, or maybe with high niceness would be give small merchanadise bought or crafted by them that represent nature/[insert mayor wanna-be sim here], or maybe bribe....
or teens/adults to be able to spray graffiti >.> possibilities are endless
Mad Poster
#65 Old 5th May 2008 at 5:07 AM
We already went through the whole graffiti thing... it would be vandalism.
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 5th May 2008 at 8:18 AM
More ideas...

-Active sims love to jog or rollerskate. The lower the body skill, the more they fall with their rollerskates.
-Neat sims will autonomously clean sidewalks--that means picking up litter.
-Remember there's a trait that makes sims brave? Well, I suppose Outgoing sims perform some dumb/amazing stunts. What kind of stunts--erm, I don't know.
-There's another trait for sims that's called "Genius", so Knowledge sims will put up booths on the sidewalks for people to ask some random questions--for a fee, or course.
Instructor
#67 Old 5th May 2008 at 2:00 PM
We already went through the whole graffiti thing... it would be vandalism.

Maybe you need a refresher course in the distinctions between fact and opinion?
Forum Resident
#68 Old 5th May 2008 at 6:40 PM
Well, I don't want to get involved in an argument of graffiti but I think it would be cool in the game. A very urban feel. Also one of the pictures showed graffiti on the side of a building so it would be great for creative/artistic Sims to be able to do graffiti on the side of walls. Maybe like sneaking out, there would be a chance that your Sim could get caught and fined for vandalism. Or your Sim could rise to the ranks of a well-renowned graffiti artist and could be paid to adorn walls with their art. Either way, I'd love to have the option in the game, or at least wall overlays that you can place.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 6th May 2008 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by idtaminger
Maybe you need a refresher course in the distinctions between fact and opinion?

Once again, and as someone else had already stated so up above, unauthorized graffiti is indeed vandalism, regardless if it is artistic or not. Vandalism is destruction to property. It's against the law in many areas. So there is no need for a refresher course because it just mean that we would have to repeat the same thing in this thread. If people are going to post in threads, they shouldn't be that lazy to read all of the posts, so as to avoid to make the thread longer with more repitition. And no, I'm not being mean or sarcastic or anything, so we're cool here.
Instructor
#70 Old 6th May 2008 at 1:12 PM
Once again, and as someone else had already stated so up above, unauthorized graffiti is indeed vandalism, regardless if it is artistic or not. Vandalism is destruction to property. It's against the law in many areas. So there is no need for a refresher course because it just mean that we would have to repeat the same thing in this thread. If people are going to post in threads, they shouldn't be that lazy to read all of the posts, so as to avoid to make the thread longer with more repitition. And no, I'm not being mean or sarcastic or anything, so we're cool here.

Well now I see that I should have said a refresher course on the definitions of refresher course, fact, and opinion. Maybe also a re-evaluation of your definition of common concensus? Hahah...
Mad Poster
#71 Old 7th May 2008 at 4:14 AM
Oh well. Not a big deal.
#72 Old 7th May 2008 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1306
-Remember there's a trait that makes sims brave? Well, I suppose Outgoing sims perform some dumb/amazing stunts. What kind of stunts--erm, I don't know.

How about Parkour type stunts, such as jumping over benches, maybe a parked car, things like that. If there body isn't high well... they fall over it or something. I mean, Would that be enough for ya?
Forum Resident
#73 Old 7th May 2008 at 7:41 PM

Yes, but how does this apply to the game? Beating up someone because you don't like them is also a crime but we can still do that in the game. So is theft. There are things that are against the law in the real world that you can do in the game without incident.

Graffiti adds a level of stylized realism to the game because you can't go anywhere on the streets of a city without seeing graffiti on a building or billboard. I'd like to have the option to add some graffiti to my property in the game because I like the look of it. In the game, it's a crime that doesn't hurt anyone so what's the big deal?
Mad Poster
#74 Old 8th May 2008 at 4:14 AM
No, no, I didn't mean for the game not to have it. I mean that if we get to have graffiti to make it still be considered vandalism. Just like the police in the game comes when you get a robber, same with vandalism. That is what I meant. If any Sim can do it without getting in trouble, then that means that I have to put up with free vandalism when I may not want a certain building to have graffiti all over it. Also, maybe you can pay a fee to get rid of it. Who knows?
Top Secret Researcher
#75 Old 8th May 2008 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by King Of My World
How about Parkour type stunts, such as jumping over benches, maybe a parked car, things like that. If there body isn't high well... they fall over it or something. I mean, Would that be enough for ya?

As long as it's crazy and unrealistic. :D

Well, I looked at the traits, and I could imagine how sims would act in the town:

-Charismatic sims would shake hands with sims around town (this would be perfect for popularity sims)
-Lazy sims would be sleeping on benches all over town
-Kleptomaniac sims would be perfect pickpocketers in huge crowds.
-Friendly sims shove flowers to other sims around town.

Traits are here: http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=55192
Page 3 of 5