Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#51 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
That would be layerable clothing and I hope we do get this. I want clothing to be detached from the Sims' bodies like in real life. I also want jewelry, glasses, accessories, etc. AND PLEASE MAKE HATS SEPARATE, LIKE AN ACCESSORY! I cannot stand hats being part of the hair. Almost every EP we get for TS2, we seem to get more hat hairstyles than non-hat hairstyles.

I couldn't agree with you more! The stupid hats available in TS2 are almost unbearable, I never use them. But, if they're going to put decent hats in the game, I sure hope they're seperate.

Layerable clothing would be fantastic, along with most of the other things mentioned in this thread.

As for things I don't want:
1. Stupid interactions, such as "what's this?" and "watch out!"
2. A rushed release, as somebody mentioned earlier.
3. Dreadful clothing nobody in their right mind would ever wear.
4. Silly full-face make up. I never really got the point of any of them.
5. Ugly glasses/accesories.
6. Ok, just general CAS ugliness.
7. Ugly townies polluting the town (but with decent clothes and hair this should be more easily possible).

Thats all I can think of for now as for things I don't want in the game.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 8:10 PM
I don't want a limited variety of take-out orders. In TS2 we only have pizza and Chinese food. I want more. Mexican food seems to be popular with Americans here in the U.S., not sure how so in other countries, though.
#53 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 8:53 PM
Can you get take-out mexican food? If not, that okay. But more foreign foods would be great!
Scholar
#54 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 1:25 AM
No easily making others fall in love (especially if the target is already in love or the wrong sexual orientation)

No/Reduced ugly townies.

No loud phone ringing for several hours every time you meet a super-outgoing sim.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 4:01 AM
-No more Sims getting shocked at nudity... or depending on the traits given. But never should there be shock reactions when it's the Sim's lover. Come on, EA, this is completely and utterly ridiculous... and annoying!

-No more being stuck with names given to your Sims... we should get to change their full names, even if it's for a small fee like in real life.

-No more alien pregnancy being a requirement. I want my male Sims to be able to use the expensive telescope and being abducted but it not being required to get pregnant.
#56 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 4:55 AM
I think uglicity is good. Just not "Is that even possible?" ugliness.. cept for maybe like, 1-5.

Say no to Green-Only Bathroom Stalls! I hate adding plants to make the green bathroom stalls seem normal.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 5:01 AM
LOL, that's funny. Well in BV they were updated with additional recolors: blue, beige, black, white, etc.
Mad Poster
#58 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 5:38 AM
I've never seen anyone mention this - is it just me or do the sims do the opposite of what you want?

Like you send them to greet the welcome wagon and they delete the actions and read the newspaper...and ignore the visitors.

You queue up interactions with their pets to raise their relationship and they delete all but one or walk away.

You can't get them to stop playing those @%#$ musical instruments - it takes almost a sim half hour to get them to stop.

These are just a few of the contradictory actions they exhibit...and I keep free will on because otherwise it would be really boring but come on do they have to be so contrary?
Mad Poster
#59 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 6:07 AM
I agree and I hope for a major change in this for TS3.
Field Researcher
#60 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 7:48 AM
I don't want EAxis to include all those stupid things that I now have hacks for so that I can play the game without tearing my hair out. You know the ones: What's this?? And when I've FINALLY managed to get a kid to start with his homework, he drops everything to run out and greet dad who's returning home from work -_- And if they're studying (working on skills) I wan't them to quit when the carpool is arriving. Why don't they? Are they stupid? It's hard to keep track of what everyone's doing at all times when having a large family, they should do this without me telling them when free will is on. And when the kids are hungry, why on earth do parents make dinner only for themselves? This is really bad and annoying as the kids can't cook. If parents decide to make a meal they should check if the kids are hungry too. And like someone's already said; why would married sims be shocked to see their spouses in the bathtub? That goes for sims who're just lovers too. It's just plain silly. It's not like they're showing anything they haven't already seen many times before, lol.
The list goes on and on..
Mad Poster
#61 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 5:56 AM
Agreed! In fact, I don't want the kids to be limited in cooking anymore. Other than snacks, there can be so much more for them to make. Why not cereal? Most kids can make cereal and they can also make sandwiches and other non-cookable meals. Actually they can make microwaveable meals, too. Those are safe.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 6:34 AM
Agreed! In fact, I don't want the kids to be limited in cooking anymore. Other than snacks, there can be so much more for them to make. Why not cereal? Most kids can make cereal and they can also make sandwiches and other non-cookable meals. Actually they can make microwaveable meals, too. Those are safe.

Yes, I've always wondered why the kids can't at least make cereals and sandwitches when they're hungry. The kids are around 7-8? Kids that age can very well make those meals. I'm sure many can use the microwave too. I remember making porridge to my little sister if my mother was busy when I was that age. And why can't kids give their baby siblings the bottle? Or read for the toddlers? Or if not reading, they should at least be able to look in picture books with them. I don't want so limited interactions between the kids and their younger siblings in Sims 3. I want kids to be more handy all in all.
Mad Poster
#63 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 6:41 AM
I know! If I'm not mistaken, there are not any interactions at all between children and toddlers, correct?
Test Subject
#64 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 7:42 AM
I don't want stupid clothing. Don't give us a scuba mask unless we can actually go scuba diving. Don't give us clown costumes unless there's actually a clown career.
#65 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 7:49 AM
I don't wanna be underestimated, and I dont want TS3 to come out with a SP every 3 weeks so EA can milk it till it bleeds.

EA: *milks sims 3 cow*
Sims 3: M-..moo *says it like its dieing* S-...save some for my chil'!
Sims 4 calf: *trys to get a utter to feed itself, but EA shoves it away*
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 9:57 AM
I don't want spaghetti arms and legs. I know of few people that have arms and legs as thin and long as sims; the proportions are off and I'd like their bodies to look a little bit more believable. Cartoonish is okay, but right now they look odd and it messes with the game's believability for me.

I also don't want the complexities of sim's personalities to make forming relationships so difficult that romance sims are screwed. Finding "the one" should be a hard quest in a sim's life, but I hope that doesn't mean sims can't act on superficial attraction.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 1:04 PM
I know! If I'm not mistaken, there are not any interactions at all between children and toddlers, correct?

I have been away from the game for 3 months, lol, but as far as I remember children can talk to them and tickle them, but that's it I think.

Dang, there was something else that annoyed me when I played today and that I don't want to see in Sims 3 but now I have forgotten what it was :p
Test Subject
#68 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 4:38 PM
I'm worried about this seemless Nieghborhood concept. It sounds cool however what if I have two family's that I am playing and one of them does things while I am playing the other? I don't want to lose control of them to the computer.
#69 Old 19th Mar 2008 at 7:40 PM
thats why you switch off a lot? and besides... it'll be interesting to read the history of a sim while your doing something else
#70 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 1:33 AM
I also don't want Sims to be required to share the last name when creating them in CAS. There needs to be a household name and a chosen last name for each Sim.

yeah i totally agree
Mad Poster
#71 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 2:26 AM
Toddlers should also get to have more baby foods.
Top Secret Researcher
#72 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 2:29 AM
Toddlers should also get to have more baby foods.

Definitely, and toddlers should have their drinking methods updated, y'know from bottle to sippy cup, to a real cup (only half full.) They should also be fed to by their parent/guardian. You know someone gives the kid a dab of a spoonful of mashed potatoes to try for the first time.

I don't want SecuROM, or at least next time in BIG letters tell us what bloatware they're going to put on our computers, I hope they go back to the one before the borkinator of computers.

Actually there's the tease option... and I think with freetime toddlers and children can interact with the drawing table. Haven't tried it yet though.

Mad Poster
#73 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 2:33 AM
We'll see what happens!
#74 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 3:04 AM
what did securom do? i never noticed it
Mad Poster
#75 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 6:36 AM
Supposedly destroyed people's computers. Luckily mine was never destroyed.
Page 3 of 9