Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
#51 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 12:02 PM
The hell is a manga?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TUN3R
The hell is a manga?

Manga = comic book.
Banned
#53 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tempscire
Manga = comic book.

Oh.

Well I'm not reading any comic books atm... I have a lot of Spider-Mans and Batmans but that's about it...
Scholar
#54 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 7:30 PM
One Piece, for me. Just bought Volume 56 a couple of weeks ago.

Quote: Originally posted by TUN3R
Oh.

Well I'm not reading any comic books atm... I have a lot of Spider-Mans and Batmans but that's about it...

Specifically it is Japanese comic books.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Banned
#55 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
One Piece, for me. Just bought Volume 56 a couple of weeks ago.

Specifically it is Japanese comic books.

Yes might have been a good idea to specify that before -.-

Well umm I don't read any Japanese comics... or watch Japanese cartoons... or play Japanese games (except Mario).
Field Researcher
#56 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 8:14 PM
Example of the front of a manga:

Not all look like that though.

I am currently reading Noblesse...it's a manwha.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 1:43 AM
Ironic that you show Fruits Basket as an example, Weeaboo....that's what I've been reading lately.
I'm also reading the Death Note novel, Another Note: The LABB Case. It's a novel, so it's not a manga...but it's based on Death Note...with an serial killer a million times better than Light to boot~!
Test Subject
#58 Old 23rd May 2011 at 4:43 PM
-Black Bird
-Kimi ni Todoke
-Dengeki Daisy
Test Subject
#59 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 11:14 AM
Just finished re-reading Super GALS! and Kare Kano, and currently reading Absolute Boyfriend, Sekai-ichi Hatusukoi (I love the animé, by the way), and Durarara!! (watched the animé first).
Test Subject
#60 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 5:21 PM
I'm reading Pandora Hearts and Kuroshitsuji ~ both really really good x3
Scholar
#61 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 2:16 AM
I don't read much manga (any at all, really), but I recently learned of these two short horror mangas from another forum I frequent. They're about 20ish pages each. The other stuff on that site by Junji Ito is awesome too, but these are my favorites by far.

Long Dream
The Enigma of Amigara Fault

A tad ot--- I've heard great things about durarara, but I'm hesitant to watch the dub on Adult Swim. Is the dub any good, or is it terrible?

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Test Subject
#62 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 6:41 AM
Quote:
A tad ot--- I've heard great things about durarara, but I'm hesitant to watch the dub on Adult Swim. Is the dub any good, or is it terrible?

What do you consider a good dub? It's got Johnny Young Bosch, Yuri Lowenthal, Crispin Freeman and a few other recognizables; if that's what you're looking for. The voice direction is good, the quality of the voice-acting itself is decent. Any cringe-inducing translations? nah. It's watchable.

Junji Ito is one of my favorites, btw.

I'm not reading anything currently, but I was working my way through Gantz before I got side-tracked by Watchmen.

Ohhai dere, Mr/Mrs.Signature reader ;D look at you, bein' all creeperish.
Theorist
#63 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 11:36 AM
Reading DOGS: Bullets and Carnage, and also waiting for the updates for Claymore, D.Gray-Man, Pandora Hearts, Kuroshitsuji and Detective Conan. Only the last 2 are frequently updated though...
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 10:45 PM
Right now I've borrowed Claymore from my best friend. I've only read the first book and I'm addicted already! It's very good.

I've read Vampire Knight, Library Wars, Cirque Du Freak, and Deathnote. Every single one of those was good. Although I have to say I ADORED the Cirque Du Freak series. It's the best.

It doesn't matter if I'm a prince, king, or a nobody.I'll always be your knight who watches over and protects you, because you're my one and only princess, Alice.
-Lance from the Wonderland Days Sim Date by Pacthesis
Scholar
#65 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 11:44 PM
Cirque du Freak was a manga? I've only known it as a tween drama book series..

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Theorist
#66 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 12:01 AM
Haha there's this guy on my bus who is constantly reading Fruits basket and we always ask what it's about and he never says. We tried to explain that Fruits Basket is not proper grammar but apparently Japanese manga can get away with that.

Hi I'm Paul!
Instructor
#67 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 9:58 PM
I just finished reading W Juliet. It was cute at first but felt it got a little silly towards the end.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pare321
Cirque du Freak was a manga? I've only known it as a tween drama book series..

Yeah, there was a mangaka who read the books and loved them so he asked for permission to make a manga out of it. They approved and I love the series! I think they're still in the process of making it though. They don't have a lot out right now.

It doesn't matter if I'm a prince, king, or a nobody.I'll always be your knight who watches over and protects you, because you're my one and only princess, Alice.
-Lance from the Wonderland Days Sim Date by Pacthesis
Theorist
#69 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 4:25 PM
Got talked into reading Fairy Tail by a church friend. Better than Rave Master, in my opinion, as is quite frequently updated.
Test Subject
#70 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 1:44 PM
Kimi Ni Todoke!
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 7:26 PM Last edited by live2draw : 29th Aug 2011 at 12:04 AM.
lately, I haven't been reading much manga mainly cuz i don't have time...
but i do have some that I recommend!!

i surprised noone has said Inu-Yasha or Ranma 1/2 yet.... I love Rumiko Takahashi....she's the mangaka. I definitely think she's one of the best!

I really loved Yokujyou climax and Honey x Honey Drops, but on the manga fox website, i think it's rated 18 plus because some of the themes used, but those old enough to read it should really check it out! :D

I also read some of the Kitchen Princess manga, it was really cute in an enthusiastic schoolgirl kinda way. Those who read it know what i'm talking about. I definitely recommend it tho, it was a page turner! :D
#72 Old 25th Nov 2011 at 2:13 AM
Still trying to finish Gantz. Been looking for something good to read but the only one that held my interest was one about a middle aged businessman who got to relive his teenage years. was really good but the title escapes me at the moment
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 6:02 PM
Nothing, but I'm watching Maid-Sama and it's awesome
Test Subject
#74 Old 25th Dec 2011 at 12:14 PM
my recommendation is:

The world god only knows
D-Frag
Working!!
Sora no Otoshimono
Nagasarete Airantou
B Gata H Kei
Yureka
Hack:// Link
Seto no Hanayome

most of them are love comedy , especially harem
Top Secret Researcher
#75 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 6:23 PM
*coughs* Strawberry Panic *coughs again*

I have an obsession with Shizuma Hanazono o.o

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Page 3 of 4