Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#51 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 7:22 PM
Default Chapter~6~ Part 2
“Good morning everyone, unfortunately I have some terrible news for some of you.”
She cleared her throat before continuing,
“I know we have a few students who take math in room 202 with Mr. Rosdale…”

This caught Ashlyn’s attention; she furrowed her brow and quickly raised her head to listen.

“….sadly he passed away in his sleep last night. In the wake of this, the faculty has managed to hire a replacement teacher and you will be meeting him this afternoon”

Various gasps and ‘oh’s’ were heard echoing around the room.

“Hey Ash, that’s our class!” Katie whispered from behind.

“Yep.” She sighed leaning back in her chair, “I hated that guy though. Hopefully the new one will be nothing like him.”

By the time lunch rolled around that afternoon Ashlyn had already begun to feel better, so she borrowed some of her friend’s makeup and headed to the bathroom.

Her look was completed with applying a final layer of lip gloss. She then took a step back from the mirror and after a few short moments of examining her reflection she let out a deep sigh of disappointment.

Heh. Who am I kidding? She grumbled in her thought.

Ashlyn despised herself to the very core of her being, and she had for as long as she could remember. Although she would often put up a tough exterior of defense, she was slowly losing her battle of heart.

I am never going to be pretty enough, skinny enough or rich enough. That’s why everyone hates me. I don’t even know why I bother anymore, nothing is ever going to change.

She swallowed forcefully, trying with all her strength to hold back tears.

The wall clock read one o’clock, lunch was now over and she had to go to class. She frowned and took one last glance at the mirror before storming out of the bathroom.
---------------------------------------

Thats the end of chapter 6. I know nothing exciting happened in this chapter, and believe me when I say I really wanted to add more, but I thought it was long as is, and I didn't want to drag it on too much. :smash:
But the good news is that next chapters are going to be leading up to some very BIG events....including an explanation of the introduction.
So sit tight, and I promise you wont be disappointed! (at least I hope not )
As always, thank you for reading, and I love to hear your comments!

Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#52 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 7:24 PM
Wow Shenanigans, that was fast!!

Test Subject
#53 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 9:21 PM
poor ashlyn....she doesn't seem to have a very good self-esteem....i can see where she gets that from though....based on her pass and how live was for her growing up....

check out my story http://www.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=9158

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift, that's why its call "the present".
Test Subject
#54 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 10:44 PM
I'm liking this story. Can't wait for the next update.
Ashlyn is very pretty, too bad tthe nasty comments of others can make her feel so bad about herself.
#55 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 2:55 PM
Ooh, this gets better and better. I'll defintely be keeping an eye on this story! <subscribes>
#56 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 6:47 PM
AHH!! I didn't realize I had posted inbetween your chapter. *sorry*
I missed the rest of it cause I thought I had read all the update!
Anyhow, glad to have read the rest of it. Poor Ashlyn. Looking forward to the next few that you mentioned!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#57 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 2:42 AM
Wow, thank you so much for the comments everyone!
You guys are the BEST! :lovestruc

DejAng3l: You got that right. But thats sort of what this story is about, how even other people's circumstances can affect the lives of others.

PayLives: I'm so glad you like!

phoenix: Your comments are sooo nice! Thanks so much for the encouragement

Shenanigans:Thats ok! I saw it just as I posted the second part, and I was actually kinda flattered-Ive never had someone comment so quickly before

GAH! I can't wait to post the next updates :D

Test Subject
Original Poster
#58 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 12:05 PM
Default Chapter~7~ "Suspicion" pt1
I'm back with another update.....!
It seems to be taking me forever to write this,
but there is so much to this story and as an artist I tend to be very much into detail
Again, thank you to all who are reading this and I hope you continue to enjoy it!

Everyone enjoy the update and comment if you like it!
Thanx! :D

To Ashlyn, it seemed like the longest, loneliest walk from the bathroom that afternoon, and was relieved when she had finally arrived to her last class of the day.

Math, however, was by far her worst subject. Not only did she abhor it with ever inch of her body, she was hopelessly failing in every aspect.

The last teacher Mr. Rosdale, or the “decrepit old man” as he was often referred to, went out of his way to call out students who he felt weren’t trying hard enough and unfortunately, Ashlyn was one of those students. Other times he was just painfully boring, she would be sitting in class and would literally feel her eyes glazing over in response to his lackluster lectures.

“ASHHHH!”

Katie’s whiny voice stung her ear.

“I missed you at lunch babe, were where you?”

Katie look concerned, but Ashlyn was not in the mood to go into details, not today.

“I uh... had to make a phone call.” As soon as the white lie had passed though her lips, her eyes fell, focusing her attention on the dark stained hardwood floor on which her feet were rooted.

“Oh. Well, I wanted to tell you that….”her voice trailing off as she rambled on.

Ashlyn could hear Katie’s voice, but the words weren’t registering, for some reason she couldn’t seem to focus on anything today.

Ever since she turned fourteen she felt a constant struggle, a war perhaps, going on inside of her.

She was always troubled, and even when something good happened, her mind would always revert back to negative. It was a force which could not be controlled, and the worst part about it was she didn’t even understand why she was feeling like that.

“Are you listening to me?!” Katie snapped.

“Uhuh, yeah.”
Her monotone spoke for itself.

Katie sighed softly as she stared at her friend,
“Ashlyn, what is wrong with you? You’ve been spacing out on me a lot lately.”

Ashlyn grinned widely,
“I’m fine! Go on.” It pained her to fake such a cheerful voice.

Ok…..,” Katie replied suspiciously,
“Well I was saying that my parents are gone this week, so Mike is bringing his friends over and we’re having this huge party!”

Mike was Katie’s boyfriend…Katie’s college boyfriend. They had been going out for six months and she claimed she was in love, but sometimes Ashlyn couldn’t help but speculate that there was more to that story.

“So you know you’re going to be there.” Katie sustained,
“It’s next Saturday.”

“Mmm, okay, I guess. Just one thing…” she held up her hand, “Chaz isn’t going to be there this time is he?” Her voice strained with apprehension.

“Well yeah, he probably will.” Katie crossed her arms in defense, “Is there a problem with that?”

Ashlyn had a habit of studying the floor whenever she was nervous.
“Well, uh…no. It’s just that I don’t think he likes me very much, you know with how he was in the car and-“

“That’s just his personality; you’ll have to deal with it.” She replied coldly.

“-Well, no,” Ashlyn continued, her voice rather shaky this time, “he’s always like, yelling at me-“

“Geez, Ashlyn!” Katie barked loudly

“You’re always so weird about my friends!"

"Give 'em a break will ya? They always let you tag along with us, and always allow you to come to their parties."

Sorry if they’re not all “Ooh, let’s all hold hands and tell each other secrets while we sit around a camp fire toasting marshmallows!”

Her sarcastic falsetto tone made Ashlyn cringe.

“Maybe you should try being grateful instead of acting like a spoiled child who can’t have a lollipop!” her eyes were narrowed at Ashlyn, cutting her down to size.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#59 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 12:07 PM
Default Chapter~7~ pt2
She was completely taken aback; Katie had never acted like this before and didn’t know where this spat of hostility was coming from all of a sudden.

As she stood before her friend staring in disbelief she took notice of something, something unusual.

“Katie….are you-“

“WHAT?” she retorted, flinging her hand back in rage.

“Nothing! Sorry-I’m sorry,” Ashlyn gave in, her eyes pleaded with Katie, “I’ll go to the party, I’ll hang out with Chaz, just please don’t be mad at me, 'kay?”

A smile slowly started to form across Katie’s face,
“Well, that’s all I really want hun!”

Her voice had changed, going from abnormally harsh to sickly sweet.

Ashlyn was dumbfounded as her friend reached out and hugged her tightly.

What is going on with her?

#60 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 3:42 PM
Your pictures are amazing with their colors and how they're set up. Great update. Can't wait to see how this party goes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#61 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 6:29 PM
Thanks Shenan!
Oh yeah....the party...*shudders* :err:

Test Subject
Original Poster
#62 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 11:18 AM
No one else liked this chapter?
*goes off to cry in a corner*

Lab Assistant
#63 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 12:42 PM
great story! can't wait untill the next update
#64 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 6:14 PM
I love it, I love it!! I read alot of sims2 stories and never before have begged for an update because I don't want to be too pushy but I can't help myself....please, please can we...haveanotherupdatesoon? <embarrassed> There. I've said it. This story is so good and you've left it on such a cliffhanger. <sob>
What exactly was Ashlyn going to say to Kate? What had she noticed? Why does Kate seem different? Is something going to happen at the party? So many questions that I need answers to...soon...please.
Thankyou so much for this story. You're very talented xx :wave:
Test Subject
#65 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 6:25 PM
sorry....just read this chap....it's a great update....geezh...is katie high or something...she's acting pretty irrational...even for katie...lol

check out my story http://www.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=9158

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift, that's why its call "the present".
Test Subject
#66 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 10:39 PM
maybe katie is pregnant
#67 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 10:46 PM
Oooooo I think Jennywren might be right!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#68 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 3:44 AM
Oh yay! You guys do like it! ....now Im embarrassed... :lonely:

OK!

crazygirl: Thank you so much! Its always nice to have a new reader

phoenix: Your comments always make me smile! Dont worry! the next chapter is almost complete, then I have to take the pictures so the next chapter should be up within the next day to so

DejAng3l and Jennywren: One of you guessed it! (you guys are good!) But who is right? I really wish I could say, but it kind of has an effect on one of the biggest chapters, and I dont wanna give anything away!

Thanks so much for reading guys, it makes me so happy!

-And thank you to whoever gave me 5 stars! You guys rock!

Lab Assistant
#69 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 3:46 AM
Yay!!!!!!! I havent read this in a while, i am caught up now. I love it.

<3
Test Subject
#70 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 10:55 PM
Oooo, I'm so exited to find out whats up with Katie! lol
Test Subject
Original Poster
#71 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 10:59 PM
Default Chapter~8~ "Teacher Whoas" Part 1
Thanks for the wonderful comments guys! <3

Well I usually don't update this quickly, butttt.......I really really wanted to :D
This chapter is kind of a long one, sorry! It seems like once I get going I can't stop
And for those of you who want to know what Katie's deal is, dont worry cause you'll find out soon enough!

Alright, here goes nothing:

*Chapter 8*

Ashlyn sat gazing longingly out the window.

It was late afternoon on a warm spring day. Bright white clouds filled the sky cheerfully and the sun beamed brightly making the street pavement twinkle, while birds sat happily among the trees sweetly singing enchanting melodies-

“When the hell is this teacher going to get here? I’ve got stuff to do!”

It seemed as though Katie was out to rip everyone a new one today.

Ashlyn was still trying to figure out what had gotten into her friend when she heard the door creak loudly.

The whole class turned their attention to the man standing quietly in the doorway.

He looked young, maybe just out of college, and his clothing was less than professional to say the least.

“Hey, hottie.” Shelby said in her sexiest voice, loud enough for the entire class to over hear. Half the room erupted in laughter while the other half rolled eyes.

“Uh, sorry I’m late,” he started, “I was having a discussion with your principal about my eh...attire.”

The man politely introduced himself as Adam; he was the kind of person who was turned off by trivial pleasantries so wherever he went he always insisted everyone call him by his first name.

After everyone around the room introduced themselves the class droned on like any other normal day would.

Ashlyn stared impatiently at the wall clock counting down the seconds until class dismissal.

With everything that had happened in the last twenty four hours she couldn’t wait for the chance to leave the prolonging source of her problems behind.

The time finally came and she practically leapt out of her chair eager to blend with the sea of classmates pushing out the door.

As she was walking she felt a warm hand rest gently on her shoulder.

“Ashlyn?” the voice called.

She whipped around intolerantly and saw her teacher half sitting on the edge of his desk.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#72 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 11:00 PM
Default Chapter~8~ Part 2
“I’ve been going through some of the class records and I noticed that you seem to be struggling with this subject.” He waved to a sloppy stack of papers, “I was wondering if you could stay an extra few minutes so we can talk and try to pinpoint the areas that you don’t understand, that way we can work towards improving your grade.”

She shot a look toward the door…she was so close to freedom.

“You know,” he interjected, “it is this school’s policy that if you fail a class you can’t participate in graduation.”

“Alright.” She gave in after letting out a quiet, disappointed sigh.

The time flew by as they talked, it turned out that he had this incredible knack for explaining things the way Ashlyn could easily understand them, an ability the previous teacher lacked.

Before Ashlyn knew it, three hours had passed and at some point their conversation eventually strayed from professional to a somewhat personal level.

“God, so how old are you? You look so young for a teacher,” she giggled, holding her hand up, “no offense or anything!”

He laughed and smiled generously at her, “I’m almost 23.”

“So you’re 22?”

He nodded, looking slightly embarrassed.

“So I have to ask,” She began, “why-“

“Become a math teacher? It’s actually quite simple, “he smiled before continuing, “I’ve always been really good at teaching…anything really, and math I’ve always just gotten.”

He paused for a few seconds, then whispered, “That and I want the summers off so I can surf.”

Her smile broadened toward him and they continued talking for a few more minutes before she noticed the time.

“Oh my God, I have to go!”

“Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow?”

Ashlyn didn’t understand why he said it like a question.
“You bet!” she smiled sweetly then waved goodbye.

It was now twilight and since the bus was long gone she reasoned that she had no choice but to walk home.

The air was crisp, yet warm, and surprisingly there was not a sound to be heard except for the loud chirping of several crickets in the bushes and the sand that crunched under her sneakers as she walked.

Ashlyn’s mood was finally beginning to lift and her heart was light. All she could think about was Adam; his eyes, his smile, his laugh.

Characteristically she was quick to become very fond of whoever treated her with kindness and respect.
Maybe this day would end on a good note after all.

Just at that moment the sound of a car engine idling next to her broke her concentration.

Fearfully she kept her focus, not turning her head an inch, her heart began to thump loudly in her chest and every nerve in her body was buzzing.
She recognized the sound of a power window going down, and then a voice.

“Hey babe, you need a ride home?”

She turned to identify the driver.

“Oh, hi Chaz.” She greeted sheepishly.

“C’mon get in, I’ll take you home. I wouldn’t want anything bad to happen to you out here all alone.” He insisted.

She felt a pang inside of her, but this time it was not of guilt, but more of a warning. Something was telling her she should not go with him.

She paused for a moment and reasoned with herself. After all, she did tell Katie that she would try to get along with him, and her house was only a couple blocks away, surely nothing could happen in that short amount of time.

As usual, she put her better judgment on a shelf and got into the vehicle. Her body was still trembling as he put the car in gear and drove off.

~Thanks for reading guys! Please leave a comment if you liked it! :lovestruc

#73 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 11:37 PM
Ekkk! Always listen to yourself....
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 11:37 PM
I commented to you in another thread, but just wanted to say here how much I'm liking your story! Nice cliffhanger
#75 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 11:54 PM
Hee hee... I see young love on the horizon. Hopefully Chaz isn't as creepy as he seems. For Ashlyn's sake.
Locked thread | Locked by: boolPropped Reason: Hiatus
Page 3 of 60