Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 12:12 PM Last edited by jewaukeela : 18th Oct 2009 at 11:59 PM.
Given, Going, Gone *CHAPTER 9 UP!!*
This, my first story, was inspired by a dream (completely cliche, I know, but hey; whatever.). Oh, and this is just the prelude. Enjoy!

Given, Going, Gone

Moving in is always hard. Everyone knows that, but it still doesn’t make it any easier. I’ve been through this a lot, so maybe the perfect way to start is with a list of the cities I’ve lived in, and the age I was when I left.

Pleasantview – 3

Veronaville – 5

Gorge Town – 14

Challe – 18

Brenton – 26

I’ve been in plenty of places, so moving into Miasia shouldn’t be too hard. This little town is so cute; I hope I can stay here for a while. And I should know - a good stay starts with a good first day. This first day should be easier. I mean, at least I know what I have to do here. It all starts with the wallpaper…

Oh, before I forget. Here is a lovely picture of my new house, with me on the front walk. And I'll be the first person to welcome me. Welcome, Kay Noel, to Miasia.

Kay sighed, got up, and put her diary in the Track Sack. She’d nicknamed her backpack the Track Sack during the move to Challe. In keeping with every move since then, she’d only kept the amount she could fit into the Track Sack when she moved. She had traditions now, to make each move a little easier. She’d start off looking through the furniture catalog, to find a bed, a wardrobe, a desk and a computer, counters, a fridge, a TV, a table, two chairs, and a few paintings. Once that was all ordered, she’d go and pick out the bedroom.

Picking up her backpack, Kay walked outside. While she’d been writing, the mail had been delivered. She picked up the newspaper, the ads, the catalogs, and the single letter from Henry. She’d been expecting that, but it didn’t make seeing it any easier to handle. Every time she moved, her ex-boyfriend sent her a letter. The man was obsessed with her. Why couldn’t he understand that she’d moved on, like, seven years ago? For goodness sakes, Henry! She shrugged, exasperated, and opened the letter. She may as well, she thought. After all, it’s not like she had to reply.

My Dear Kailee,
How I truly miss you, and with all my heart. I know you think you've moved on, but maybe the fresh air of Maisia will help to clear your head. Look inside yourself, darling Kailee. Think of all those months we spent together, holding hands on bridges, kissing under the stars... Look deep, Kailee. Know that I love you more than life itself. Don't go, Kailee. Why can't you see that we are meant to be together? Please...

At this point, Kay gave up. There was no point in reading anything that came from Henry. He was a crazy lunatic, and that was all there was to it. Walking inside, she left the note on the counter and turned to the furniture catalog.

Three hours later, Kay was sitting on her porch outside her new house sketching the house across the street when her view was interrupted by a woman about her own age chasing a toddler. "Jay!" she called. "Get back here!" Giggling, Kay watched as a woman about her age chased after the boy, finally catching him on the sidewalk outside Kay's house. Kay walked over and introduced herself.

"Hello, my name is Kay. You're on my new yard."
"Well excuse me for trespassing!"
"No, I didn't mean it at all like that..."
"Beth."
"At all like that, Beth. That was my lame attempt at introducing myself."
"Oh, well then I am sorry. It's just that the last people that lived here were a group of three complete a**holes. I guess I'm prejudice or something... Anyway, I'm glad you're here. You seem nice."
"Thanks, Beth."
"This is Jaye."
Jaye interrupted by spelling his own name. "J-A-Y-E!" he yelled.

After that, things got much less awkward, and before they knew it, Beth and Kay had been talking for an hour and a half. Eventually she left and went back home, yelling back promises of shopping and lunch over tea. Kay, smiling, went back inside and was just about to finish picking out her new bed when a nice-looking man caught her eye on the edge of her lot.

He was definitely checking me out. I couldn't help but be a little excited that the guys in Maisia already thought me attractive. That always helps settle someone in, you know. I was just about to introduce myself (properly this time) when he ran up and did it for me.

"Hey, my name is Samuel, and I also live in Maisia. I guess you moved in here? This lot's been vacant ever since I can remember. I'm so glad you've moved in!"
That was strange. Hadn't Beth just described the last owners of the house to me? "Um, thanks. My name is Kay."

"So, how are you liking Maisia?"
"Oh, you know... just moving in... haven't gotten a chance to explore yet."
"I could help with that, Kay. I'd love to show you around, maybe hit the local clubs... together?

We talked for a while longer about nothing in particular. Eventually, we arranged for him to come by the next day for lunch.

"You know," I said teasingly. "You're really too competent at picking up girls for your own good."
He just laughed. We shook friendly goodbyes, but as I turned to go back to the house, I could have sworn his gaze lingered on me a little longer than necessary.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 3:12 PM
Great start to a very interesting story. I wonder if Henry will ever pop by one day? O.o
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 4:46 PM
Oh wow I like the story, keep it up I want to see what's next
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 9:52 PM
hey thanks guys! cant believe i have comments already! well, let me say this chapter is very mild compared to what's next! i might even have the next chapter up by the end of the week, if Word EVER loads.

oh, and dreamincitrus, i love your username! Plus... *hands shiny new First Post award to her*
Forum Resident
#5 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 2:48 AM
Interesting start! Keep it up.
You've used one of my favourite male names too, Henry ^_^ I've actually wrote a character into my story with that name too, but he doesn't pop up for awhile.
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 11:54 AM
yeah, chapter one is actually done, but i still need to take pictures, so... by Saturday morning, I'd say. I have a question though: what did you think of the last picture? see how it's more intense?
Also, which do you find more interesting: Sam or Henry? Although I've already written chapter one, I'd like to mold the story to fit what the readers are looking for. In the meantime, a teaser: The first chapter will be called "Encounter".
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 12:19 PM
Default Chapter One - Encounter
Chapter One - Encounter

It's been only a few days since I've moved in, but already I feel like I'm home. I have a friend across the street. Her name is Beth, and her little boy's name is Jay. I'm glad I already have someone I trust enough to confide in - especially about Samuel. He's this amazing man I met my first day here. He's sweet, and charming, and cute... plus, I think he likes me too.
Look at what I just wrote! Ha, I sound like a seventh grader with her first crush. But I don't really care. The important thing is that we had lunch yesterday, and we are having lunch again today.

On another note, the house is now almost fully furnished. I know it's really small, but eventually, I'm sure, I'll get enough money to expand. In a way, I like having a tiny house. I'm glad I don't have to go through everything I did in Brenton. The girls, the guys, the parties, the compliments, the credit cards... I'm glad no one here knows about what awaits me back there. I'm trying to start over, and not depend on that for money. No, I've spent my whole life on my parent's simoleans, and its time to forge some for myself. Anyway, Samuel should be over in about an hour and a half, so I should get started on lunch.

Kay couldn't stop thinking about Samuel. They might have only known each other for a few days, but he was really nice... She hoped he could be a "something-more". She was glad she had Beth to confide in. Yesterday, over lunchmeat sandwiches on her porch, they'd discussed possibilities for a serious relationship with Samuel. Beth had said a few interesting things about the man, but...

Ding-Dong! The bell rang, and Kay was startled out of her daydream by the reality of Samuel outside her door.

"Oh my gosh!" she said, hugging him, hoping he wouldn't cringe away. Thankfully, he didn't. She could almost hear the relationship points ping as she stashed them away in her pocket. "I completely forgot to cook lunch!" Then, noticing that he had a pizza box on top of his car, she laughed. "Just as well. Shall we eat inside, or out?"

***Four Hours Later***
Kay found herself neatly falling for Samuel. Every smile of his made her wish they were officially together, touch of his hand made her long for more. He was so sweet, so endearing, and his only bad feature was his nose. But Kay didn't care.
"What is a nose, anyway? A sniffing device. And who cares if you have a large sniffing device?" she reasoned.
After a three-hour lunch, Kay was thoroughly exhausted. Eventually, she knew, he'd have to go home. Giving him a warm, warm hug, she whispered in his ear.

"Bye, Sam!"
"Likewise, Kay." he replied. "You were amazing today. I'll call you soon."
Kay agreed, fully aware that a meeting arranged by phone could, technically, count as a date. She remained at the table for a moment later, smiling to herself. Then she got up and put away the dishes.

She spent the rest of the day in a flurry, cleaning her new house, making the bed, and planting flowers. When the sky started to turn dark, Kay retired to her bedroom and turned on her computer.

It had been a few days, and Kay needed a new job. Calling up her usual work-finding website, she searched for teaching opportunities. Soon she found one at Miasia Middle, home of the French Poodles. The application was simple, only requiring her basic info and a one-page essay on why she would be the right teacher for the job. Opening up Word, she began to type.

Teaching for me has been a lifelong dream. It all started when I was a girl, playing school with my dollies and teddy bears. When I was in middle school, one teacher in particular had a profound effect on my life. She was my social studies teacher, and her name was Mrs. Saperio. However thick her accent may have been, her teaching methods sprouted ideas in my head that later, during college, bloomed into beautiful trees of teaching. I knew without a doubt what my calling was.

That alone had taken Kay half an hour to write. No matter how hard she tried, her thoughts kept turning to Samuel. Everywhere she looked, he was there, smiling his crooked smile at her. She was glad that she had found someone she liked so much, but she really needed to get the essay done.

In an attempt to keep her mind off Sam, Kay lay down on her bed, turned on a lamp, and picked up a book. Ana Po was about a girl whose Chinese parents had thrown her away because they could only have one kid, and it couldn't be a girl. Kay tried to read, but something was nagging at her. It was a strange sensation. Like trying to remember something, but there was no remembering this. Suddenly, words started to spin, jumping out of the page and onto the floor. The letters turned the color of the floor and were gone, but when Kay looked back at the page, a few words were there, spinning into place to form a sentence... Straining to read what the letters were writing, she squinted her eyes and brought the book closer. Suddenly, she could read what it said. And when she did, only five words were left that could express her newfound pain.

"No! It wasn't me! No!"
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 12:21 PM
anyone know how i can change the title to add the new update?
Forum Resident
#9 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 12:54 PM
You go back to your first post in the thread and click edit, at the bottom of the first post.

And great update! It's moving along nicely, and that last part got me! I'm very curious to know what her secret is.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 8:36 AM
Hmmm very interesting story you got going here.
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 4:43 PM
alright, so any guesed as to what her secret might be? or did i not plant enough clues?
Field Researcher
#12 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 10:24 PM
Im not all that sure if i had to guess i would think the last person that lived there got some kind of punishment or something lol. I feel weird even guessing.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 3:20 AM
I assume she did something bad in the past. Instead of going away from her current thoughts she brought back the other.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 7:31 AM
The diary idea is very interesting.
Inventor
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 10:15 PM
i don't want to give away too much, but kyle is the closest... anyway, my spring break starts this weekend, so i should be able to get another chapter up soon.

P.S. thanks, Norikoann. i like it too! do you think I should add entries from other people's diaries, or should i stick to Kay?
Inventor
Original Poster
#16 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 10:41 PM
okay, the lack of people who comment on this is really starting to bug me. I mean, over a hundred people have viewed this, and only four have left comments. Oh well. Maybe this photo will bring back the discussion. Since it might take until Sunday to get the next chapter up (almost done!) here's a sneak preview of one of the photos from Chapter Two - Panic.

Enjoy!
Mad Poster
#17 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jewaukeela
i don't want to give away too much, but kyle is the closest...

I feel special now :D

Nice picture, I can't wait for an update :D
Field Researcher
#18 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 2:02 AM
Grats to Kyle looking forward to the update!
Inventor
Original Poster
#19 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 2:00 AM
Default Chapter 2 - Panic
Yay! Chapter two is done! :hat: Tell me what you think, okay? Enjoy!

Chapter 2 - Panic

"Shh, Jaye. Mommy's going to be right back. Please, honey, stay with Cara. She's a good babysitter. I'm just going into the city. Mommy needs a night out. I'll be back before you know it, okay?"

Jaye nodded solemnly, and whispered "City?"

"Yes, sweety." Beth patted his head and left the room. She tiptoed out of his bedroom and into the living room where Cara, the babysitter, was watching TV. Beth tapped her on the shoulder and gave her the instructions.

"I'm going out back to grab the car, and then out. I'll have my cell on vibrate, but only ring if it's an emergency. If you have any trouble with Jaye, just call Kay. She's my friend across the street. She's a whiz at calming him down. Her number's on the fridge. If she doesn't answer, feel free to go over and grab her yourself. She gets pretty into her books. She knows you're watching Jaye, so no worries. I'll be back around midnight. Okay then, bye!"

And a fun night ensued. Partying with the girls, dancing with the guys... oh, it was good to be single. Around ten, her phone started vibrating. The screen read: CARA ENGEL. Peeling herself away from whoever she was dancing with, she found a quieter corner and flipped open the phone.

"Hello? Cara? What is it?"
"It's... it's Kay."
"What about her? Wait, what? What are you doing at her house?"
"Jaye wouldn't stop crying, and he wasn't hungry or anything, so I called Kay, like you said I should. She didn't answer, so I went over there, and..."
"And what? What happened, Cara?"
"The door was open, so I let myself in. I called and called, but no one answered. I saw the light was on in the bedroom, but when I went in there. I didn't see anyone. Then I went over to the side of the bed, and I saw her!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, CARA? IS SHE OKAY? TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED!"
"I... she... She looks like she fell off the bed. She's bleeding, and won't respond to me. I checked her pulse, and she's alive, but her heartbeat was really, really fast. I've never seen anything like it! She was doing, like, 140 beats a minute!"
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING TALKING TO ME? CALL THE HOSPITAL! CALL 911!"

After a few minutes, Beth was hurtling down the highway in a taxi, breathing in and out, trying to stop herself from screaming "Faster! Faster!” She was also on the phone with a frightened Cara, who had woken Jaye up and brought him to Kay's house while they waited for an ambulance to arrive. Finally, finally, it did. Cara stayed on the phone with her while the ambulance arrived.

"They got her on a stretcher, and they're putting her in the ambulance, and as soon as you arrive, you can sit beside her."

As soon as Beth got back to her house and inside the ambulance, they left. It was the strangest thing. Aside from her deathly high heartbeat, Kay pretty much looked like she was sleeping. "If only!" thought Beth.

After an exhausting three hours in the hospital, all the major tests had been finished and Kay was lying in a hospital room, asleep. Now that her heartbeat was almost normal, she had been transferred to a recuperation room, also known as a rec-room. Beth had loyally spent as much time as possible by her friend's side, and was now quietly thanking her babysitter, who had just finished putting Jaye to sleep in the lounger.

"Thank you so much, Cara. I know this is so scary and all, but I wanted you to know that I will be paying you double for the extra time."

"No, really Mrs. Tonsin. That's not necessary."

''Yes, it is necessary. It's what, two in the morning? You've been great, especially with Jaye. You've been such a help to me, and you deserve it. Now, why don't you go home and - "

She broke off as the door opened and the doctor came in.

"Well, what's the news? What happened?"

"We can't really tell," said the doctor, shrugging his shoulders. "It seems as though she was perfectly fine, perhaps reading the book we found by her hand, and then she suddenly fell of the bed.”

“But then, what was the blood from?”

“Oh, it could have been lots of things. At this point, our best guess is that she hit her head, but it was just a minor concussion, and she should be fine in a few days.”

Oh, thank goodness. Beth had been really worried about Kay. Now, the question only remained as to whether she should stay here overnight or not.

“Do you think she’ll wake up soon?”

“No, I’d guess she won’t wake up for a while; eight hours at least. Any chance she had of waking up before ten was squashed by the painkillers we gave her.” Guessing why Beth was asking, he added, “You should go home, Ma’am. Get some sleep. Come back at ten or eleven tomorrow, alright?”

Finally agreeing, Beth picked a sleepy Jay up and left, promising herself that she’d get some more satisfying answers in the morning.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 3:04 AM
Oh wow!

I wonder what happened.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 3:38 AM
Great job I've enjoyed reading your story...can't wait to see or read what happens next.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 5:27 AM
Ooh, interesting!
I like how you've done it from a different point of view, it changes it up.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 7:16 PM
Very interesting im very curious to know what happened.
Inventor
Original Poster
#24 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 10:02 PM
okay! thanks for the comments, everyone! I'm hoping to get another chapter done tonight, since my spring break just started. lemme just start sims up...
#25 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 1:12 AM
I'm interested.. very interested. PMS!
Page 1 of 3