Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 5:28 PM
Again Wow I loved it Your story just keeps on getting more and more intresting! I hope poor Ripp isn't the next death toll T-T He's to sweet to die!!!
Advertisement
#27 Old 28th Jan 2008 at 4:46 AM
Absolutely fantastic. I just discovered this series today. I can't wait for the next installment.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kacoshiajewl
Again Wow I loved it Your story just keeps on getting more and more intresting! I hope poor Ripp isn't the next death toll T-T He's to sweet to die!!!

Thank you very much for the feedback. I'm glad you find the story more and more interesting. As for Ripp's fate...well....

Quote: Originally posted by dandylion
Absolutely fantastic. I just discovered this series today. I can't wait for the next installment.

Thank you for watching and for commenting, I hope you enjoy the next chapter I posted.

Oh yes, and if you're a custom content and hack creator, or like deleted scenes from SIMS 2 Movies, or if you're a custom content/hack creator who ALSO enjoys deleted scenes, here are two movies you may like. In these, you will see deleted scenes from Strangetown Conspiracy and if you've created custom content that I've used in the film, you'll be credited here for all your hard work.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3w-Hlhtil4Y&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3w-Hlhtil4Y&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fKnQN-oslsA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fKnQN-oslsA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Test Subject
#29 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 12:50 AM
Another Great Episode!!! but for the love of god dont kill poor ripp!!! *whimpers* T-T
Field Researcher
#30 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 3:44 AM
Thank you sooo much, Joe!
And I really enjoyed to read Snålfoss in the English version. So fun. And I laughed when I saw all the names for Strangetown and when the UFO's resembled the Pleiades.
But I really hated to hear Ripp creeping for his dad when he was captured by the aliens. He thought it was okay that his dad tortured him if only he could go home......??? I guess being captured can make you desperate. And doesn't Buzz love his son Ripp?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 5:25 PM
Another Great Episode!!! but for the love of god dont kill poor ripp!!! *whimpers* T-T

Thank you very much for the feedback. Indeed, I do not wish to see Ripp killed either. Hope you enjoy the next episode (Ripp's still alive).

Quote: Originally posted by The_Oceanborn
Thank you sooo much, Joe!
And I really enjoyed to read Snålfoss in the English version. So fun. And I laughed when I saw all the names for Strangetown and when the UFO's resembled the Pleiades.
But I really hated to hear Ripp creeping for his dad when he was captured by the aliens. He thought it was okay that his dad tortured him if only he could go home......??? I guess being captured can make you desperate. And doesn't Buzz love his son Ripp?

Thank you, Ocean, for telling me the place was called Snålfoss, as it makes a fine location for Fort Bounty. Yes, being captured can do odd things to a person, after all, real life prisoners will often sign false confessions and cooperate with their captors whilst being held prisoner. Ripp said all that he did because despite everying that has transpired between them, he loves his father. Hope you enjoy the next chapter!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Black_Barook!
Wow I'm impressed. I can barely take snapshots of my sims without ripping my hair off and here you push the bar by making a movie.

Thank you for the feedback, Black_Barook! Oh yes, those SIMS can be very difficult to film, and that's why we can safely assume that many sims 2 film makers and story writers probably will have to invest in bowling ball polish (for their bald heads) after they've ripped all of their hair out. That is one of the reasons it takes me so long to make an episode, as I'm lucky if I can make one minute of sims 2 movie every few days.

Hope you enjoyed the latest episode.
Test Subject
#33 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 2:51 PM
Omg loved it you do such a great job with the camera and the expressions your sims have! I feel realy sorry for that luietenant I love having half breeds in my game so to see them treated that way I just want to kick some ass!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 7:46 PM
Default Deleted Scenes and Closing Credits.
Omg loved it you do such a great job with the camera and the expressions your sims have! I feel realy sorry for that luietenant I love having half breeds in my game so to see them treated that way I just want to kick some ass!!

Thank you very much for the feedback,Kacoshiajewl. Sadly, I wanted to cover the plight of half-aliens, as half-breeds (ethic, species, or otherwise) in general tend to suffer a lot, especially during wartime.

Here are deleted scenes from the last two episodes. Since cloing credits tend to be boring, but some viewer do enjoy deleted scenes, I combined the best and worst of both worlds here. Enjoy!

Deleted Scenes/Closing Credits for Chapter Five-Death Of Innocence
Deleted Scenes/Closing Credits for Chapter Six-Prisoners of War
Alchemist
#35 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 11:44 PM
Whee I finally caught up with all the episodes, wonderful work as usual. The spaceship, the military ship in the frozen ocean, they all looked great and realistic and I didn't get that staged feeling I usually get when things like that are reconstructed in the sims.

But...don't kill off Ripp! ...pretty please?

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Field Researcher
#36 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 1:10 AM
I *hated* it, joe_mulcahy. Do you know that now I go back to Strangetown, my *favorite* nhood and I just can't play them anymore, watching them washing stuff, reading stuff, going to work... gaah! You took away all my pleasure in the simpler things in a Sim life! Now I keep wondering why we can't have more serious and deep stories going on while we play, with interesting stuff happening, world domination, who knows...

Great story, joe_mulcahy, I'll be here, waiting for the next chapter - also because it's so hard to go back now and see them (argh) cooking and playing water-balloon fight... :disagree:
Field Researcher
#37 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 9:38 AM
I think this chapter was one of the most interesting so far even if they all are damn interesting. I found Colony Drone 47 extremely interesting and even very sympathic. I think he was very hot too. lol. And I saw the way he "flirted" with Ripp. A Ripp/Colony Drone 47 pairing would be very interesting though. I really hope I'll see more of 47!
I am also extremely curious about what Pascal and Buzz will talk together about. Will they fight???
I also laughed at the way Buzz called in Pascal and Buck in to dinner. I thought "ah..... Buzz treats Pascal like one of his kids?". hehe. I've always thought that Buzz often sounded like a father to Pascal.
And I had no idea that Buzz could cook.....

And Joe.... I LOVE the background music so much! Especially the Strangetown Conspiracy "startup theme". It sounds so Strangetowny.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#38 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
Whee I finally caught up with all the episodes, wonderful work as usual. The spaceship, the military ship in the frozen ocean, they all looked great and realistic and I didn't get that staged feeling I usually get when things like that are reconstructed in the sims.

But...don't kill off Ripp! ...pretty please?

Thank you for the kind words, Ghanima. It's good to hear that you thought the spaceship and military scenes looked great and realistic, as they were rather challenging to set up and are amongst the most difficult scenes to film. As for Ripp...

Quote: Originally posted by ChaoticNeutral
I *hated* it, joe_mulcahy. Do you know that now I go back to Strangetown, my *favorite* nhood and I just can't play them anymore, watching them washing stuff, reading stuff, going to work... gaah! You took away all my pleasure in the simpler things in a Sim life! Now I keep wondering why we can't have more serious and deep stories going on while we play, with interesting stuff happening, world domination, who knows...

Great story, joe_mulcahy, I'll be here, waiting for the next chapter - also because it's so hard to go back now and see them (argh) cooking and playing water-balloon fight... :disagree:

Oh yes, I completely understand, because when I turn free will back on, it's almost like watching different entities altogether. They wash dishes, dance in a manner bereft of rhythm at the stereo, clog the terlet, burn lobster thermidor, ventrillofarting and Ripp and Tank go back being good friends and siblings, it's almost surreal! Even Pascal and Buzz, although they are frequently filmed in shouting matches with each other, they hug within minutes of free will being turned back on. Now that they are BFFs(since Free Time), it's rather difficult to film the fighting scenes convincingly, and they look sad about it for a good three hours afterwards. That's why in the deleted scenes at my YouTube site, you'll sometimes see them hugging.

I'm glad you found this to be a great story. Hope you like the next chapter.

I think this chapter was one of the most interesting so far even if they all are damn interesting. I found Colony Drone 47 extremely interesting and even very sympathic. I think he was very hot too. lol. And I saw the way he "flirted" with Ripp. A Ripp/Colony Drone 47 pairing would be very interesting though. I really hope I'll see more of 47!
I am also extremely curious about what Pascal and Buzz will talk together about. Will they fight???
I also laughed at the way Buzz called in Pascal and Buck in to dinner. I thought "ah..... Buzz treats Pascal like one of his kids?". hehe. I've always thought that Buzz often sounded like a father to Pascal.
And I had no idea that Buzz could cook.....

And Joe.... I LOVE the background music so much! Especially the Strangetown Conspiracy "startup theme". It sounds so Strangetowny.

I'm glad you found this episode interesting, and found Colony Drone so sympathetic. Yes, now that I have Free Time, the characters are really showing these odd traits. Colony Drone 47 wasn't supposed to be flirting with Ripp, but since Free Time was installed, those two have become best friends forever, and it's showing on film. It doesn't help matters that Ripp is actually an adult SIM with a teen skeleton either... Yes, you will see more of 47, in fact I had to cut the scene from this episode due to the ten minute time limit of YouTube, but it will be one of the first scenes in the next part.

Yes, even though Buzz not much older than Pascal, he has always talked down to him. Although they are, in reality BFFs, so the fight scenes are becoming harder to film successfully.

I'm glad you liked the music. I usually choose each piece very carefully, as I think Strangetown ought to have a certain feel to its music. Yes, I thought the same thing when I first heard that song, I thought "That sounds so Strangetowny!"

Hope you all enjoy chapter eight!
Field Researcher
#39 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 5:07 AM
Alright, Mr. Joe. I might have XX chromosomes, be a bit emotional by nature and all but... oh my, I had tears in my eyes over a Sim Movie! The chapter is beautiful, you did an awesome work. How do did you manage to do the movements so perfectly? The part with Buzz/Pascal/Teddybear was memorable. And so was Nervous' vision. I can only image how hard it is to put all of that together - also considering the music part.
Congratulations, you're really making the best Sim Movie I've ever seen! Strangetown deserves it. And yes, Colony Drone 47 is getting all weird towards Ripp. It seems the 'carrion-colored flesh' doesn't bother him THAT much after all... (remember to release some cutscenes if anything cute & shiny happens ).
Oh, and young Olivia was beautiful (and stylish). Loved the way you portrayed her... unique lover. And the way he appeared, too.

Waiting for the next chapter! :salute:

You want to know the Secret... so did I. Low in the dust I sought it, and on high. No agony of any mortal brain shall wrest the secret of the life of man. The Search has taught me that the Search is vain.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 8:16 AM
I'm going to watch your next episode. But where did you get the music, Joe? I'm sorry for being overly curious but I just want to have it myself.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#41 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChaoticNeutral
Alright, Mr. Joe. I might have XX chromosomes, be a bit emotional by nature and all but... oh my, I had tears in my eyes over a Sim Movie! The chapter is beautiful, you did an awesome work. How do did you manage to do the movements so perfectly? The part with Buzz/Pascal/Teddybear was memorable. And so was Nervous' vision. I can only image how hard it is to put all of that together - also considering the music part.
Congratulations, you're really making the best Sim Movie I've ever seen! Strangetown deserves it. And yes, Colony Drone 47 is getting all weird towards Ripp. It seems the 'carrion-colored flesh' doesn't bother him THAT much after all... (remember to release some cutscenes if anything cute & shiny happens ).
Oh, and young Olivia was beautiful (and stylish). Loved the way you portrayed her... unique lover. And the way he appeared, too.

Waiting for the next chapter! :salute:

The best Sim Movie you've ever seen? Wow thank you, I'm very flattered!

Well, I can't take all the credit for the emotional impact of that scene, because my co-author, Avatar Arkmage helped me a lot on that. He used to write in the Harry Potter fandom, and he was well known for writing such hard hitting plots that it can make grown men cry. That's the reason I chose him as a co-author. It was his idea to do the teddy bear scene, and mine to have Pascal's wallet fall out of his pocket when Buzz hammered him, forcing him to return and to find Buzz in the condition he was in. Oh yes, putting it all together is quite a challenge, but fun at the same time, EAxis really gave us a great gift in Strangetown and her characters.

Yes, Olive Spectre is so lovely, I did absolutely nothing to her face, just aged her back to adult and gave her new clothes and hair, and she's unbelivably gorgeous!

How do I get the movements so perfectly? Well I extract many of the hidden animations in the games with SIM PE, then hack paintings and plants to allow the calling of those animations in the game. There are quite a lot of animations in the game that never appear, believe it or not, like that scene with Buzz curling up on the floor in the last episode; the move comes with all games, but never (or very very rarely if ever) appears in UK or North American games. I also downloaded Decorgal's and Jaydee's animation boxes, and they are great for getting the movements on demand as well.

Thank you very much, and the next chapter may be sooner than usual, for I've had to cut so many scenes from this last episode, and I'm home with the flu this week so I can work on the movie when I'm awake.

If you want to see some of the deleted scenes/closing credits, here are the links:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gM19RfyZ3M0
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3w-Hlhtil4Y
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fKnQN-oslsA
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LzWwNivCYNk

Enjoy!

I'm going to watch your next episode. But where did you get the music, Joe? I'm sorry for being overly curious but I just want to have it myself.

Jolly good! I hope you enjoy the show! As for the music, you're in luck, you see one of the other Strangetown Movie makers at YouTube liked the songs as well, and asked for them, so I packaged them for her. I'll send you the link!

As for the theme, I got it from http://www.vgmusic.com , it's actually the song from the Golgo 13 video game for the Nintendo console.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 10:19 AM
i was like, OH NO!!!!! RIPP!!! and jeez, that grim repaer could do some woohooing with me to, he was quite hot for grimmy.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 31st Mar 2008 at 8:53 PM
What an awesome series! Not only has it a deep dramatic story, its technical quality is also superb. Such creative use of animations and expressions and I really like the way you portray the characters. I'm especially interested about the Grunt family and their complicated relationships. I hope Buzz will show his true feelings to Ripp.
I also really love the way you show Nervous's visions. Really artistic and powerfull. I especially liked the Grim Reaper part. It had this mysterious feeling.
I honestly can't come up with any critic. Such well made, unique and exciting series. The best I have seen. I'm in awe.
Test Subject
#44 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 1:50 AM
Once again I am speachless I love this story. All of the charaters are just so intricaly protrayed. I must see more. also once again I say DONT KILL RIPP T_T
Test Subject
Original Poster
#45 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thrior
What an awesome series! Not only has it a deep dramatic story, its technical quality is also superb. Such creative use of animations and expressions and I really like the way you portray the characters. I'm especially interested about the Grunt family and their complicated relationships. I hope Buzz will show his true feelings to Ripp.
I also really love the way you show Nervous's visions. Really artistic and powerfull. I especially liked the Grim Reaper part. It had this mysterious feeling.
I honestly can't come up with any critic. Such well made, unique and exciting series. The best I have seen. I'm in awe.

Thank you very much for the feedback, Thior! EAxis gave us a real gift with Strangetown, and the stories to be told are many, each house has so much going on with it, and their pasts are nothing short of intriguing! I hope you enjoy the rest of the series as much as I enjoy writing it!

Once again I am speachless I love this story. All of the charaters are just so intricaly protrayed. I must see more. also once again I say DONT KILL RIPP T_T

Thank you very much for the feedback, it is like nourishment to a figuratively starving director. EAxis gave us so much to work with as far as the Strangetown characters go, so portraying them is a pleasure. So much material had to be cut from this one, that I'm planning to release much of it on a deleted scenes film, I'll announce it when it's done. Yes, I don't want to kill Ripp either.

Quote: Originally posted by leenetje
i was like, OH NO!!!!! RIPP!!! and jeez, that grim repaer could do some woohooing with me to, he was quite hot for grimmy.

Thank you for the feedback, it is much appreciated. Glad you liked grimmy, that scene was fun to shoot, and I hope it explains Nervous Subjects unique appearance.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 12:51 PM
I just LOVE the new episode! but if i was ripp and tank i wouldn't be cheering if my dad was dancing in a thong in front of me. and you just had me LMAO with the genderrversed curiouses.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 1:46 PM
There's something that's been bothering me a little in this thread, I don't know if I'm the only one but I find your links in the first post most confusing. Perhaps you could put something like:
Strangetown Conspiracy - Chapter 8: Broken .
Nervous once again has frightening visions, only this time, he's fully awake. General Buzz and Pascal begin to settle a score a few decades old. [Maybe a pic (that I don't find necessary but anyway, maybe smaller ones...)].

Well, just a suggestion. I find many lines as a link a little messy.

Anyway...
"Not only is there to be no more violence in this series, bur we are to include romance now?! What do we look like, Pleasantview?!" So true!
In Unison: Science. <-
Loved the update, Joe. There are some nice considerations about our greater fiction-writing community. Censorship Board, huh? The greater evil indeed, enemy of awesomeness... And General Buzz dubbing in thongs was just priceless!
I also had quite an evil flu cursing me this week, hope you feel better (I'm still recovering and maaan isn't it a little nightmare). Waiting for the next chapter! :mob

You want to know the Secret... so did I. Low in the dust I sought it, and on high. No agony of any mortal brain shall wrest the secret of the life of man. The Search has taught me that the Search is vain.
Test Subject
#48 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 7:54 PM
OMG I loved it!!! thanks for the extra episode *huggles the curious sisters* they are to cute!!!!
Test Subject
#49 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 2:11 AM
SCIENCE! Sorry, I've been following this series for a bit (before I decided to join the fourms) and I absolutely love it especially the Special Episode! ("Whomever designed High heeled shoes ought to be hanged")

I adore how you potray all the characters and the music is just fantastic! I nearly cried during the teddy bear scene in Chapter 8. I can't wait to see the next episode

Hope you get over that flu soon. =)
Field Researcher
#50 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 5:26 AM
This is a really brilliant series, especially in the execution. The music really enhances the scenes, and the camerawork resembles that in a real movie.

The characters are portrayed sensitively and thoughtfully, especially in the scenes with Pascal and Gen. Buzz. That scene with Buzz and young Ripp on the couch is just heartbreaking, and goes far in revealing how complex of a character Buzz is. Tying into that point, I really love how you interpreted the Curious family as liberal and peace-loving and the Grunt family as conservative and obsessed with honor and duty, but didn't make this distinction absolute or unwavering. I also like how Loki and Circe aren't completely evil, but just cold and cynical; the most cynical minds still have compassion and sympathy somewhere underneath. Making them too evil would've been too easy. The thoughts on war, racism, prejudice, and so on are really socially relevant.

Johnny and Ophelia are two of my favorite Maxis Sims. I could never bring myself to separate the two, so that scene in the desert was pretty shocking to say the least.

I can't even look at the Strangetown Sims the same way...and I'll definitely play the Grunt family more often. I'd always ignored them before, but I realized that I love Ripp and Buck.

SCIENCE!!! The special episode was hilarious.

"Make believe in magic, make believe in dreams
Make believe impossible, nothing as it seems
See, touch, taste, smell, hear, but never know if it's real"
--The Cure, "More Than This"
Page 2 of 3