Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 13th May 2007 at 3:25 AM
I RP regularly, like every Thursday at 7 we have D&D night at my place. Well, at the moment we're actually playing Iron Heroes, but most of the time it's D&D. And I have another group that sometimes manages to gather on Saturdays for D&D (current DM bowed out at the last minute this week, or we'd be playing now), I used to DM that group but got burnt out. I've had a few characters that I was very sorry to see go when the end of the campaign came, especially my second rogue, she really drove the party nuts, but in a good way, unlike one friend whose rogues tend to gain hatred from the rest of the party.

I LARPed for a few years as a member of the Camarilla, and even spent a year as VST Changeling. But I got tired of all the OOC politics and couldn't be bothered to renew my membership after White Wolf ended the old WoD.

My sister kept trying to drag me into RP chat rooms, but I always got frustrated because I don't understand the internet shorthand, and have no intention of learning it, so I was rather handicapped. And the only MMORPG that I've been able to get a handle on the controls for is iRO, but nobody was really RPing on any server I've been on. So I really haven't had good experiences with online RP.

"Segregate the sinful sexes..." "Wait, how many sexes are there?" "Two." "It's not enough I say, go out and order some more."
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 13th May 2007 at 3:52 AM
I play D&D on the rare occasions when I get a chance. My group can't always make it, though I'm willing to run a session even if there is only one player there. My group runs two campaigns, one of which I DM. Both of our campaigns are populated by... interesting characters. How to describe Mazmerod? African-American Hermaphrodite Elf Sorceress. Jebeddo "Stumbleduck" Newport? He's a gnome bard with green skin and orange eyes, and the lead guitarist and singer of the thrash metal band "The Stumblef*cks". In our other campaign, Sylvia is a Mimic prostitute and Matrik is a barbarian with a huge Oedipus complex.

I once played in an online Dragonball Z-based RPG complete with a chat-based combat system. I was the strongest player on there for a while but then I stopped going for a while... by the time I went back the administrator had changed things around to the point that I no longer wanted to play.

I played a bit on Gaia, but that kinda sucked...

There is a roleplaying forum on my website, but unfortunately it is empty.
Original Poster
#28 Old 13th May 2007 at 3:55 AM
i still think we should get a group together one night and play through something DND esque
#29 Old 13th May 2007 at 4:19 AM
That sounds like fun. I haven't D&D'ed in a long time.
Test Subject
#30 Old 13th May 2007 at 4:24 AM
I'd probably be in.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 13th May 2007 at 4:34 AM
That sounds great, by the way, i left the screen up, but i wasn't really here, i've been over at a friends i'll have to redownload AIM, i have yahoo mostly

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
Test Subject
#32 Old 13th May 2007 at 4:35 AM
i've never RPed. it honestly does not appeal to me.
Original Poster
#33 Old 13th May 2007 at 4:36 AM
it should! XD its really a lot of fun, especially in large groups

So when do you guys wanna do it? And Im assuming AIM or IRC somehow?
#34 Old 13th May 2007 at 4:41 AM
I'd vote for AIM since I already have an account with AOL. Whenever you wanna get it set up. Sleep is highly overrated anyway. LOL
Original Poster
#35 Old 13th May 2007 at 4:41 AM
hehe... well InfernalS2C is my account, gimme a message
Forum Resident
#36 Old 13th May 2007 at 5:11 AM
Who's gonna DM?
I'm loading AIM now

NOT ME! i don't DM

#37 Old 13th May 2007 at 5:12 AM
I've never been in an Rping contest, so I wouldn't know lol..
Original Poster
#38 Old 13th May 2007 at 5:18 AM
Ill DM, we need some people on AIM thou!
#39 Old 13th May 2007 at 5:23 AM
Great Infernal as DM. Why are visons of epic battles floating through my mind? LOL
Original Poster
#40 Old 13th May 2007 at 5:27 AM
IM going to try to set something up tomorrow.

Put your name (and AIM screename) on this list if you are interested, maybe 6:00 PM EST, or MIdnight GMT, we'll do it. If not sooner or laterl;

etc.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 13th May 2007 at 5:28 AM
I love RP as long as it's pretty intelligent and chat talk free. I'm more into text based, but I'll play around on Infernal's AIM thing if I can get AIM to work. I'm always looking for new games.

*counter culture since '03 and counting*

"LMAO wtf r u syaing?!!1!"
The above sentence is not english. I only understand english. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 13th May 2007 at 5:28 AM
Default RP Junkies that want in on the AIM RP
1.foolinthemoon (for those of you who don't know, foolinthemoon is my screen name) :D

#43 Old 13th May 2007 at 5:30 AM
2 zeldap AIM: zeldaop
Original Poster
#44 Old 13th May 2007 at 5:33 AM
btw, it will be DnD -esque, and organized to posting in turns
Test Subject
#45 Old 13th May 2007 at 5:39 AM
3. Egyptian Shinobi AIM: yuichimendez

I hate AIM, but I'll play. By D&D-esque, what do you mean? d20 system?
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 13th May 2007 at 5:41 AM
My AIM name is Vendettagirl9 and I'm a D&D newb, but I've done a lot of text based. Yup.

*counter culture since '03 and counting*

"LMAO wtf r u syaing?!!1!"
The above sentence is not english. I only understand english. Thank you.
Original Poster
#47 Old 13th May 2007 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Egyptian Shinobi
3. Egyptian Shinobi AIM: yuichimendez

I hate AIM, but I'll play. By D&D-esque, what do you mean? d20 system?

like, DND setting and monsters
Test Subject
#48 Old 13th May 2007 at 5:59 AM
Okay. But will there be a real game system? How will we handle battles and such?
Original Poster
#49 Old 13th May 2007 at 6:01 AM
ill have it set up, dont worry.. its casual gaming, more storyline related. Not like IM going to have dice out, and spouting off who did what.. You can do what is needed, and ill direct the story
Test Subject
#50 Old 13th May 2007 at 6:08 AM
Lol. Actually, you can roll dice in an AIM chatroom. Type //roll-dice1-sides20 to roll 1d20.

That's cool though.

Page 2 of 4