Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#26 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 4:05 AM
Ebony smiled as she walked up the steps to her house, at her younger friend, shifting the brown shopping bags in her arms, her red hair falling over her brown eyes. This irritated her on the best of occasions, but she didn't let it show.
"I most certainly am." She gestured for Laura to open her townhouse door. "Quickly, before I drop these bags and we have a spilled milk problem."
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 4:06 AM
Laura pushed the door open for Ebony, "Great, then! Do you want me to help you with those bags? You look as if your arms are going to fall off," Laura smiled as she tugged at one of Ebony's bags.
Original Poster
#28 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 4:10 AM
"Sweetheart, I'm fine, but thank you all the same." Ebony moved into the kitchen and dropped the bags on the table.

"Lemonade? Coffee? Have a seat." She pointed at one of the chairs at the table and gave Laura another smile. She moved over to her fridge and pulled it open, taking out the jug. It had been a busy and warm Summer's day and Ebony had spent most of it shopping with Laura, a girl who she had been quick to take under her wing.
Scholar
#29 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 4:14 AM
"Lemonade, please, coffee makes me hyper," Laura smiled as her blonde hair shimmered under the lights, "Gee, nice place you got here! Rent's expensive, isn't it?"
Original Poster
#30 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 4:17 AM
"Rent?" Ebony handed Laura a glass and filled it with lemonade.

"I own this house. Well, my father did, but now I do."

It's true, Ebony's family had always been well off. She poured herself a glass and sat down on the chair next to Laura.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 4:27 AM
Name: Annalisa Vanderwald
Short Bio: Annalisa moved to Roanoke from her hometown in Colorado to go to college, but she dropped out after discovering a barrage of compounds in a poorly done experiment, and earning a PhD for it. At the moment she lives off grant money and is writing a novel. She tends to alternate between being very loud and obnoxious and being annoyingly blank and quiet in company, so she avoids it. Hence why she threw out the cruise invitation when she received it.

Headshot: Coming soon

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Original Poster
#32 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 4:30 AM
((Thanks for joining, FurryPanda! I've added you to the survivors section, I'm assuming that is correct? You can RP now. =) ))
#33 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 4:35 AM
((OOC: Thank you, I am going to role-play first thing tomarrow. Its nearly midnight here, and I don't want to make a stupid post.))
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 4:42 AM
((OOC: Yep))

Annalisa leaned back in her plushy chair and smiled broadly as she clicked her mouse a few times, then shut her laptop. She had been writing all night and had finally finished the article she was working on. Having finally sent the darned thing out, she could do something entertaining. She got up out of her chair and stretched, cat like, she had been sitting there since the previous afternoon, and today's was fast approaching.

She stumbled stiffly over to the kitchen to look for something to eat, she had left the dorms for a modest two bedroom house, she had thousands in grants and had no intention of doing any more science than she could help. She pulled open the refrigerator and swore explosively, nothing but peanut butter there.

Sighing gustily she changed into a slightly more flattering outfit, blue jeans and a punny Tshirt, and stepped outside, pulling her hair into a ponytail as she went. She didn't remeber when exactly she'd brushed it last, and didn't think it would be incredibly flattering for her to do without a restraint on her hair.

She grabbed a bit of cash and stepped outside to make her stiff and slightly creaky way to the supermarket. The walk would loosen her up, and she needed it, hence why she didn't drive.
((Approachable))

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Scholar
#35 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 5:00 AM
Laura took a few sips of her lemonade and sighed, "I really should start packing soon, for the cruise, so I should go now," Laura waved goodbye as she headed out of the house, "Going to the supermarket to buy some comfort food!"

Laura loved food, and she was slightly chubby. She stumbled her way to the supermarket to find a ponytailed girl. She seemed friendly, so Laura approached her.

"Haven't seen you 'round these parts! Welcome to Roanoke, town of the brave!" Laura made a gesture that looked as if she was pulling out a sword. The rolls of fat under her arm wobbled, "Would you like a tour of these parts?"
Original Poster
#36 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 5:08 AM
Ebony watched Laura walk out and smiled to herself, having a little chuckle. Laura was strange, in a good way. Ebony just wished she knew more about her.

She began sorting through her groceries. Milk, fridge. Eggs, fridge. Cereal, pantry. Ice cream for home date tonight, freezer.

She was a very organised person--perhaps even a neat freak, and she loved Roanoke to death because you would rarely find litter scattered on the sidewalk.

Eventually, all the shopping was sorted. Ebony flicked on the little TV in her kitchen and began making herself lunch while watching her soaps.
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 5:11 AM
Annalisa blinked rapidly in the bright light of day and was thoroughly surprised to find another girl saying, "Haven't seen you 'round these parts! Welcome to Roanoke, town of the brave! Would you like a tour of these parts?"

"Oh, yeah thanks, I just moved here a couple weeks ago. There anywhere to get food around here? I'm starving." Anna thought back... she must not have eaten since lunch yesterday. Her eyes blanked out a bit as she thought about the foolishness that had her postpone the shopping until there was nothing but peanut butter in the house. She wandered forward dreamily, maybe she would get fast food before she did grocery shopping, there HAD to be a McDonald's somewhere and she had a sudden craving for greasy junk.

Scholar
#38 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 5:14 AM
"Down the lane there's Puffs N' Pastries, the owners are really nice, they give me pastries for free, see?" Laura laughed as she patted her tummy, "They have really nice pies which goes nice with warm milk. Try the Rhubarb one! With love baked straight into the crust!" Laura hugged herself, "Deelish! Roanoke hardly has any junk food, only quaint little bakeries and cafes, which is good for people like me who don't need anymore weight!"
Original Poster
#39 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 5:23 AM
Ebony decided to go to the old bakery Downtown, changing out of her jeans and shirt into a white flowy skirt and blue blouse with white tennis shoes.

Tucking her red hair behind her ears, she grabbed her handbag off the kitchen table, grabbed her keys out of the little bowl where they were always placed, and ran out of her house, locking the door after herself. This wasn't really necessary--she had never been robbed.

Flagging down a bus, she jumped on and gave the driver a wave. How could life be more perfect than this? She sat down on a seat and realised she had sat on someone's gum.

Oh.

((Approachable.))
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 5:25 AM
"Oh that sounds yummy." Anna smiled vaguely and wandered in the direction the other girl had indicated. She was already deciding to get a meat pie, something substantial would do her good she felt. The other girl had patted her stomacha nd Anna's nos ehad crinkled a little. She didn't mind people larger than she was, heck being five foot even that was practically everyone, but she didn't like ones that made a fuss over it.

"I haven't eaten for a while, got busy with my work, I hope there's some meat pie or chicken or something, I reckon I could eat a horse now." She smield slightly and giggled, her arm had jsut cracked loudly. She thought to herself, Ah well thats what you get for typing all night.

Scholar
#41 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 5:26 AM
Laura smiled, "I'm glad I could help, but I really need to go to the grocery now, remember, it's down the lane!" Laura said as she fled to the bus stop, What a nice day, that girl was so sweet! she thought, Oh my pudding! The bus is here, she realized as she flagged down the bus.
Original Poster
#42 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 5:31 AM
Ebony stood up shakily on the bus and began picking the gum off the back of her skirt. She looked up as she got the last bit off, the bus had pulled up and two girls got on. Ebony waved at Laura.

"Hello again." At that, Ebony's phone rang. "Hello?...Yeah. Now? Okay, I'll be there soon." She picked up her handbag off the bus seat and moved up to the front of the bus. "Can you just stop outside the Clinic, Dave?"
Scholar
#43 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 5:34 AM
The bus chair wobbled under Laura's weight, she shuffled through her bag for some change, Cheesecakes! I don't have small change, only a fifty dollar bill, she thought as she sat next to Ebony.

((UPDATED application with pic! Sorry for cr@ppy Body Shop pic.))
Original Poster
#44 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 5:48 AM
Ebony gave Laura another wave as the bus pulled up in front of the Clinic.
"There's been an accident." She informed her as she hopped off the bus, running into the hospital.

Once inside, she could see the ER was a place of havoc. She quickly moved to the locker room and clipped on her badge. Her boyfriend was behind her when she looked up.
"Dr. Johnson--Matt." She smiled. "What's going on?"
"I need you to talk to the conscious crash victim. I think she may be in shock and you're the only one who will calm her down." He ran out again following a quick kiss on her cheek. She sighed and headed out to reception, asking where the victim was.

"Hello, Miss...Wood." She looked at her clipboard with a smile. Here we go again.
Scholar
#45 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 5:53 AM
Ebony waved at Laura when she got off the bus, so Laura waved back.

Laura shuffled her feet until the bus finally reached the grocery - Glendale Grocery, the freshest produce anywhere! She shoved the doors and rushed to get her daily doughnut. Although Laura was a sweet girl, you wouldn't want to be near her if she didn't have her daily doughnut.

"Eh, Laura, doughnut today?" the cashier smiled, "That'll be 1.25, please."

"Don't have small change," Laura, drooling, mumbled, as she shoved the bill into his hands, "Will a 50 do?"

She soon recieved the change and the hospital was nearby and she thought she needed a workout, so she rushed to the hospital, still munching on her doughnut, to see whether she could help Ebony with anything.
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 5:56 AM
Anna got onto the bus after the girl she'd been talking to but hesitated on the steps. There were at least five people on the bus, alot more than she was comfortable with. She stood for a moment than darted off to walk, it was only a couple of blocks away.

((Gone for the night))

Original Poster
#47 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 6:03 AM
After talking to the woman, giving her a tissue etcetera, Ebs pursued Matt, who was an ER doctor.

When she found him in his scrubs on a plastic chair outside a room, head in his hands, her irritations melted and her heart skipped a beat.

"Hey, honey." She sat next to him and placed her hand on his leg. "What happened?"

"Edith Peterson is in a coma...with severe cerebral edema."

"There wasn't anything you could do..." Ebony tried to console him. "You really need to take all the emotion out of this. I know she's your neighbour."
Scholar
#48 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 6:05 AM
Laura rushed into the hospital, with her sugar-coated fingers, asked "Can I help with anything? Oh...uhh...nevermind, I'll just back out now...."
Original Poster
#49 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 6:08 AM
Ebony got up and walked over to Laura with a grave face.
"A tourist crashed into Edith Peterson's car today, you know the old lady who is always watering her verge?"
Scholar
#50 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 6:12 AM
"Ouch," Laura said, taking some tissues to wipe her fingers, "Is she alright?"

Page 2 of 10