Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuSu_Sim
I will upload some pics saturday

Susu_Sim, WOW! I gotttta ask, why wait until Tues.? You're only torturing yourself! Please don't feel guilty that you already have your copy... if you've got it, and you got it LEGALLY, then play it! I'm SO happy FOR you!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tinydancer80
Susu_Sim, WOW! I gotttta ask, why wait until Tues.? You're only torturing yourself! Please don't feel guilty that you already have your copy... if you've got it, and you got it LEGALLY, then play it! I'm SO happy FOR you!

well i want to wait for other people to have the game 2 so we all as a sim community can talk about it
Instructor
#28 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:54 AM
well i want to wait for other people to have the game 2 so we all as a sim community can talk about it

Don't wait for me!

Play eeeeeet! Play eeeeeeet noooooooow!
Field Researcher
#29 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoTheMuse
Don't wait for me!

Play eeeeeet! Play eeeeeeet noooooooow!

Yeah, Susu! Take one for the team! BE the leader! Oh, BTW, we'll ALL have it on Tues. Wait 'til THEN to talk about it Meantime... PLAY!!!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:59 AM
If i got it today, i wouldn't install it till thursday (aussie release date) only because, registering the cd key online would let them know I have it BEFORE their official release date, that could cause problems. And I plan on doing everything by the book :D
Btw Susu . . . its saturday . . . at least where i am :D
Field Researcher
#31 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:06 AM
Aw, Susu, you have a perfectly legit copy of the game which you ordered in good faith. No one can lay any blame on you for having the game a couple of days ahead of time. Go ahead and play! You deserve to! Heck, you have the whole weekend ahead of you so why wait?

The worst that can happen is that the patch may not be accessable until the street date. Just don't download your extra town yet or try to do anything through the Sims 3 site. As for worrying about those of us who don't have it yet, don't worry, we will get ours when we get ours. Until then, a lot of people would enjoy hearing from you on your experiences.

Besides! You've got Delphy's blessing, so what more do you need?
Eminence Grise
#32 Old 30th May 2009 at 9:05 AM
She has a serial number, proving it's legit; going online with it shouldn't be a problem.

We were originally told the new website wouldn't go up till game release; the fact that it's up now tells me that EA knows people are already getting the game.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 30th May 2009 at 9:09 AM
Dang! Congratulations! If I knew they would've sent it out that early I would have pre-ordered from them too!! lol Instead, I pre-ordered from Amazon.com. I hope they will ship early too.
Test Subject
#34 Old 30th May 2009 at 12:28 PM
You just have to wait until the 2. june. I am from Europe and have to wait until the 4.!!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 30th May 2009 at 1:46 PM
You're so lucky! I am so excited until I get my copy of the game.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 30th May 2009 at 2:06 PM
I noticed that newegg (unlike other online retailers) did not say Friday or today that it's preorder... at least I couldn't find any notice. Interesting.

I agree. Like the other person that posted that was able to buy a copy early, why flog yourself over the mistakes of others (if they were mistakes). Enjoy it.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:48 PM
Default yeah
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
She has a serial number, proving it's legit; going online with it shouldn't be a problem.

We were originally told the new website wouldn't go up till game release; the fact that it's up now tells me that EA knows people are already getting the game.

The day I saw the site was up I tried to interact with the forum, but got a message saying I wasn't allowed until I provided a game serial number! That blows!

I did look around a bit and it looks pretty neat, it's just very laggy, I suppose prolly because a lot of people are trying to access it maybe? The videos didn't play well at all and everything seemed on a delayed reaction. Maybe it's just me, but it shouldn't be, because I have an awesome computer that should be able to handle it with ease.

Ah well, just a couple more days . . .
Test Subject
#38 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:02 PM
Sims 3
I was shocked i got my sim3 from newegg with free shipping I order it on Tuesday May 26 and got it today
Did anyone get there today?

No, I didn't know you would get it early by pre-ordering. Now I wish I had pre-ordered
Test Subject
#39 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:06 PM
I'm still playing Sims 2 so, that keeps me busy. I can wait till Tuesday, work weekends anyway, so don't have time, but I am getting anxious.
Test Subject
#40 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:12 PM
Have fun Sim addicts! Thats the important thing. As for me, I'm off to play sims 2.
Test Subject
#41 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:27 PM
Jeez! You've got to play it now. We need to play vicariously. I preordered from Amazon and they won't ship until the 8th. Hmmmmm. Would I get it faster if I cancelled the Amazon and went to Newegg?
Test Subject
#42 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:28 PM
I just received the message yesterday via Email that my pre-ordered copy of the sims 2 had been shipped via 2 day air from the EA store, granted I've had a change of address since I originally ordered it in January but hopefully it'll still arrive on time. I just now have to try to finish canceling the digital download version from EA store that I had accidentally ordered when I thought my original one didn't go through. Ahah...hah, harder than it seems.
Test Subject
#43 Old 30th May 2009 at 5:37 PM
I was shocked i got my sim3 from newegg with free shipping I order it on Tuesday May 26 and got it today
Did anyone get there today?

That's so awesome! I'm thinking about cancelling my Amazon order and buying from Newegg instead. It says the game is $44.99 (rather than the $49.99 that it is everywhere else) AND there's free shipping, apparently.

It's slightly cheaper, and the game has a different cover...hmmm...why is that? How is it different from the Sims 3 games being sold elsewhere??? Or is it? Anyone know?
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 30th May 2009 at 6:10 PM
I think it's only fair since some of us got our copies early from the fairy godmother that we post some requested material to help you guys through those final few days . I've been playing it a LOT already (more than I should have probably), so if there's anything you'd like to see, just ask.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 30th May 2009 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arcadus
I think it's only fair since some of us got our copies early from the fairy godmother that we post some requested material to help you guys through those final few days . I've been playing it a LOT already (more than I should have probably), so if there's anything you'd like to see, just ask.

Thanks, that's very generous of you. My big question is whether there are attached/detached garages in the game? It seems the houses I've seen in current screen shots/videos only have driveways.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ~ Katharine Hepburn
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 30th May 2009 at 7:23 PM
Don't feel obligated to see this especially if you don't like baby sims but if you happened to see births at hopsitals...

If a single parent has twins will she hold both of them in her arms? Triplets?

If a mom and dad have triplets who will hold the third one?
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 30th May 2009 at 7:55 PM
Accourding to HP and another moderator, it's not allowed to mention you have The Sims 3 before June 2nd.
Forum Resident
#48 Old 30th May 2009 at 8:18 PM
Tanya, is that only for the pirated game? If the retail stores are shipping the honest to goodness versions early, it's not like they're getting it and not paying for it. They're just getting it a little earlier...right?
Test Subject
#49 Old 30th May 2009 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TanyaTurner
Accourding to HP and another moderator, it's not allowed to mention you have The Sims 3 before June 2nd.

I think that was only for the people who were playing the "leaked" version of the game not those who have been lucky enough to get their legal copy ahead of schedule.
Instructor
#50 Old 30th May 2009 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TanyaTurner

I think this only applies to "unofficial" copies of TS3. These folks got their copies fair and square. There's nothing illegal/unethical/immoral about their new toys.
Page 2 of 5