Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 11:48 AM
anyone know any cheats yet?
i get my copy of ts3 later today and i was wondering if there are any cheats for money. :p
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 11:54 AM
I thought "motherlode" still worked in S3?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 11:59 AM
im hoping someone will come along to test it out for us. =)
Stupid people are stupid
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:13 PM
From Snootysims (via twitter):
New cheats from Primaguide: shazaam: gives 2.500 Lifetime points FreeRealEstate: Free lots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 12:17 PM
thanks for answering. =)
Instructor
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 2:02 PM
So when will we be able to get Motherlode to work, do we have to have the sims on a lot or can we use it while we are placing a family in a lot?

Or do you select the family then the neighbour hood?
Inventor
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 3:49 PM
Both motherlode and kaching still work as does moveobjects on albeit the latter hasn't got some of the same functionality as before.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genm...&topic=49774539

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 3:53 PM
snooty sims has a list of cheats
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 5:29 PM
Default Tall houses
Has anyone found a cheat to unlock the house story limit. I have heard that you can not build more then 4 stories on a house. But I would like to be able to build large mansions and castles. So if anyone has found or knows a cheat that works with Sims 3 please share.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 5:31 PM
move_objects on defiantly works from s1, s2 and s3.
Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 5:51 PM
If you press 'ctrl'+'shift'+'c' and then type in 'help'
This will show some cheats. I suspect and I also kind of hope that these aren't all of them though xD

I miss boolprop testingcheatsenabled true!!! (Which doesn't work anymore... does anyone know a good alternative - especially to ajust the mood bars-?)
Alchemist
#12 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wind_child
If you press 'ctrl'+'shift'+'c' and then type in 'help'
This will show some cheats. I suspect and I also kind of hope that these aren't all of them though xD

I miss boolprop testingcheatsenabled true!!! (Which doesn't work anymore... does anyone know a good alternative - especially to ajust the mood bars-?)

testingcheatsabled true works for the need bars, but not for relationship meters. Just leave out the boolprop. You also don't have to enter it in neighborhood view. It also has some Shift-Click functionality although not as many options as the old boolprop cheat
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
testingcheatsabled true works for the need bars, but not for relationship meters. Just leave out the boolprop. You also don't have to enter it in neighborhood view. It also has some Shift-Click functionality although not as many options as the old boolprop cheat

Ah, I see, I still added the boolprop...

This make my gameplay SO much more fun! Judge whatever you want but I couldn't play TS2 without ajusting the moodbars... That's the only thing I did... I swear (Because sims are so much more fun when they don't sleep, don't eat and don't pee :P)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:08 PM
i couldnt play without adjusting them either. i did it because i hated babysitting the meters. it felt like i wasnt playing because of all the needs. now its better and we can breathe and enjoy. lol
Theorist
#15 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:21 PM
Why not give the game a go before starting to use cheats? If a person uses cheats from the get-go, it will be impossible to decide if those cheats are actually needed or not.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:38 PM
oh i plan on playing without cheats for a while but i was just curious about them.
Instructor
#17 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:39 PM
I am going to create a family who is loaded first.

That will enable me to full explore content without having the monetary limitations imposed one me. That will keep me happy until new TS3 Legacy rules are formalised for me to do the no cheats method.

I also have some Voodoo houses of horror to make
Field Researcher
#18 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:41 PM
Actually The mood meters run down so slowly now, you don't really need to adjust them. with average activity and two meals my sims pee ONCE a day. Odd but thats the way. Fun takes a long time to run down, so you don't need to really cheat the bars. now if we had a cheat to speed up skilling. >.>
Instructor
#19 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:52 PM
No I wants to achieve my skills the old fashioned extremely slow way...
Alchemist
#20 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkLolita
Actually The mood meters run down so slowly now, you don't really need to adjust them. with average activity and two meals my sims pee ONCE a day. Odd but thats the way. Fun takes a long time to run down, so you don't need to really cheat the bars. now if we had a cheat to speed up skilling. >.>

I have to agree with you DL. That's definitely one of the things that EA got right
Forum Resident
#21 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:30 PM
shazaam cheat does not seem too work when i type in it gives a error also edit in cas does not work either nor does set age
Alchemist
#22 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:06 PM
I haven't seen that cheat anywhere. Here are the ones I've seen

Result Cheat Code
Display most cheats help help

1,000 more Simoleons Kaching

50,000 more Simoleons Motherlode
View career outfits and service uniforms unlockOutfits [on or off]
No limitations for placing/moving objects moveObjects [on or off]
Return Sims to safe and nuetral state at home resetSim [first name] [last name]
Allows terrain adjustments constrainFloorElevation [true or false]
Ojects will not snap to slots while holding [Alt] disableSnappingToSlotsOnAlt [on or off]
Objects fade when camera gets close to them fadeObjects [on or off]
Show talk/thought balloons above Sim's head hideHeadlineEffects [on or off]
Print random joke to console jokePlease
Slow motion visuals; 0 is normal, 8 is slowest slowMotionViz [0-8]
Enable testing cheats testingCheatsenabled [true or false]
Full screen fullscreen [on or off]
Quit the game quit
Unknown enablellamas [on or off]

http://www.cheatcc.com/pc/sims3cheatscodes.html
Instructor
#23 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:22 PM
If only enablellamas worked. It reminds me of the cheat in SImCity... I think, 4 was it? that turned your city advisors into llamas. Sigh.
Instructor
#24 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:51 PM
maybe that llamma cheat is a blind like the original twins one for ts2 twinsaresocute... which was an official but bogus cheat, However, later they did make c chaet with that functionality...
Alchemist
#25 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 9:29 PM
Are there cheats like maxmotives and motivedecay off yet? Those and testingcheats and motherlode are ones I just cannot live w/out.
Page 1 of 2