Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS3 Custom Patterns - Retropop!

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 3rd Jun 2009 at 2:01 AM - Updated 3rd Jun 2009 at 2:38 PM by HystericalParoxysm

141 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 132 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 2:05 AM
Amazing HP! You've done it again!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 2:07 AM
Hey, my first TS3 download. I wasnt that excited about the game but I love that you and the folks at MTS2 are always prepared to help me customize my game....a glimmer of hope!
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 2:09 AM
Haha, your post is full of kickasstitude and win as well as the awesome patterns!

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 2:09 AM
Yay!!!! Hurrah for HP!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 2:12 AM
These are kick ass! I love these heaps! THANK YOU!

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Instructor
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 2:46 AM
OMG. OMG. OMiGosh..
I still cannot believe what I saw. The last time I came here a few hours ago and there was nothing but now... I'm so speechless..
How the heck did you do that?
Just like QBuilderz said your post is full of kickasstitude! You've done it again. It's amazing!

I still have to wait for the game though but when it gets here I def will download this.
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 2:58 AM
Awesome. I don't have the game yet, but when I get it I'm going to download these.
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 3:08 AM
Awesome HP! Thank you so much for these downloading now!
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 3:09 AM
These look great, thank you! Looking forward to the tutorial when you're finished, I'd definitely like to try making a couple myself.
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 3:20 AM
Thanks for giving us hope that Custom Content is alive and well and forthcoming for the Sims 3 ! Giving these a go now !!!
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 3:41 AM
Sweeeeeet. Thanks!
Sucks that the CC creation for this game sounds like it's going to be a pain in the ass, but serious kudos for sticking with it.

These patterns will delight and thrill my 60's hippy avocado-green and orange wearing sims. ^_~
Mad Poster
#13 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:53 AM
HP, forever the one to come out with something right away and shame us all with our lateness.

They look excellent. *is wishing to try them*

And so the modding begins...

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:56 AM
*sqeals and cries* I WANT THE GAME SOOO BAD (damn economy and brokness) lol these r lovely and will def download when i FINNALY get the game..as always you set the bar..and YOU RAWK!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 5:01 AM
I can't wait for the tutorial either!

I'd extracted a pattern to be able to edit the .png but am stumped as to getting it re-integrated into something recognized by the game *shrug*
Instructor
#16 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 5:44 AM Last edited by jacciinatl : 3rd Jun 2009 at 6:49 AM.
So, I'm going to admit to dumbness, or would it be tiredness. I have the whole config folder and all that set up. However my question concerns where to place the files. Do they go in downloads, or some other folder. I ask because I have a couple of folder with similar looking files inside. Also my downloads folder is full of sim3packs. So what is an anxious simmer to do?

Meanwhile I'll be trying different folders until I hit on the right one or this post is answered.
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 6:31 AM
So very nice to see some HP goodness on TS3 - works great of course, and looks unique as well! Thanks and I look forward to more, and to see how much goes into these with the tutorial!
Instructor
#18 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 6:59 AM
Ha! I knew there would be a way to insert custom patterns. I'm going to keep an eye on the Sims 3 tutorials. Thank you for figuring it out.
Instructor
#19 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 7:04 AM
First real Sims 3 CC (as far as I know). Very impressive!

And they're totally my style too, so BONUS! :}
Forum Resident
#20 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 7:17 AM
These are fabulous! Thanks, HP! Ready for that tut whenever you're ready to write it.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 7:20 AM
Thanks!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 7:25 AM
Awesome job HP!
Wiki Wizard
#23 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 7:29 AM
Wow great, i am still figuring out how you get patterns of your own in game :S lol

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Instructor
#24 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 7:41 AM
You clever clever girl! I can't wait to read that tutorial...
Theorist
#25 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 7:47 AM
*cries* still hasn't come out in Australia. But I shall download them as soon as I get the Sims 3 when it comes out either tomorrow or Friday (can't remember)

Thankyou!
Page 1 of 6