Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:33 PM
I want some coffee recipes for the coffee maker, new recipes, new traits for the personality and maybe the ability for newbie creators to start creating?

I wanna know something: Is the Sims 3 easier or more difficult to dive into in terms of manipulating files and stuff?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:39 PM
Custom paintings...
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:57 PM
I agree with hot-tubs! Also, some adult content like on Sexy Sims 2 would be awesome. It seems they've de-sexualized the game a lot... kind of a disappointment for us mature players.

My player sim is getting bored woohoo-ing in bed only! What gives?
Forum Resident
#29 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blondynka
My player sim is getting bored woohoo-ing in bed only! What gives?
I seem to recall hearing there were places around town for trysts. Maybe the science lab? Anyone have their sim try any non-bed woohoos? Or did that not make it to the final version of the game?
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 7:00 PM
I've ALWAYS wished EA would release a more racy expansion. Maybe if they could get the rating NC-17 or something. Dont laugh!! It's a good idea!! Prolly would never come into play but still a good idea.

If they give a warning to ppl about the content that would protect them from lawsuits or complaints about the material so why cant they do it???
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ljannise
I've ALWAYS wished EA would release a more racy expansion. Maybe if they could get the rating NC-17 or something. Dont laugh!! It's a good idea!! Prolly would never come into play but still a good idea.

If they give a warning to ppl about the content that would protect them from lawsuits or complaints about the material so why cant they do it???

That doesn't sound laughable at all! I would get if for sure.. and I would love it!!! I think you're right though, they will never do it. It goes against their cuddly image
Test Subject
#32 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 1:03 AM
lol blondynka i love how you said cuddly image, i'm not playing it anymore i sold mine for 80$ woohoo! i'm buying alot of sims 2 crap. i will never leave sims 2 :D

Heyyyyyy baby.
Test Subject
#33 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 1:06 AM
The ability to further edit the town.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 1:23 AM
To get rid of speed bumps in my driveway
Test Subject
#35 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 2:15 AM
I want the ability to have my created Sims age altogether but to turn off all the weirdness of story progression like random babies on the floor and moving away every twelve seconds. The idea of aging everyone together is nice because in Sims2 I'd have two teens in love then one would grow up and the still-teen sweetheart would come around with hearts swirling around his/her head. I had Sims grow to adulthood whie their childhood friends were still kids, so I like the aging aspect but the rest of the life events need to be way more proportional.

Also, when your friends move away in real life, they don't just vanish from existence. If your Sim has a relationship with a Sim and that Sim is going to move, maybe a phone call is in order? Something? And enough with the babies already!

I would like traits to be refined by experience, perhaps add a temporary trait or two, such as someone going through a bad break up could become less outgoing and more bitter. Then there would be some opportunities that that Sim would have to either indulge those negative traits or work towards repairing or eradicating them. I realize moods basically do that but this would be more long term. A temporary trait could also mean that someone who has experienced a great deal of success becomes more confident or more satisfied with life.

One thing I never liked in Sims 2 is that when a family member moved out of the house they simply became like a friend, with no additional interactions and never calling their folks Mom or Dad. Maybe I'm asking too much, but an additional tier of relationships for family members outside the household would make some of my stories work better.

Naturally, I want my Sims to be able to enter venues. I wouldn't even mind going to work with them.
Test Subject
#36 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 2:30 AM
I want to be able to create my own neighbourhood from scratch. I don't understand why that's been taken out, (or am i missing something?) I've never liked playing in the premade towns and I don't like it now.

And I'd really like to play my Sim while they're at a venue. Especially things that I've grown used to in the sims 2, like actually ordering something neat at a restaurant/diner.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:28 AM
To discover relationships via chat
Our sims can discover other sims' traits, partner, and career by chatting. They can also learn if other sims are rich. I'd like to also be able to discover family relationships by chatting. And how about favourites?
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:40 AM
Default Random Clothing
I want them to have the ability to mix up what they where everything. Planning out your outfits should be specific of what you want to wear.

Say if you have 3 different one piece clothing "outfits" then I with they would randomize which one the sims put one.

ALSO I want the whole feel of the Sims 2 back to the Sims 3. Sequels are sequels for a reason. To build upon the foundation. Not ripe it apart and weigh each option to cater to there definition of a target audience.

-DuffDog-

-I AM taking BASIC requests.-
-Just PM to see if I might be able to do it.-
Mad Poster
#39 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gotchan
To discover relationships via chat
Our sims can discover other sims' traits, partner, and career by chatting. They can also learn if other sims are rich. I'd like to also be able to discover family relationships by chatting. And how about favourites?

I can confirm sims can discover informaton about other sims by chatting on the computer. I had a sim autonomously use the computer and while he was using it a pop-up came saying he discovered so&so sim was single.
Regarding sim interractions, I really wish the communication tree would not reset back to neutral so often. I find it annoying that one moment my sim has a certain interraction available and the next moment it's gone and I have to redo all the interractions again. if I've unlocked the option to ask a sim to move in or kissing then they should stay unlocked until their relationship deteriorates or soemthing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
I can confirm sims can discover informaton about other sims by chatting on the computer. I had a sim autonomously use the computer and while he was using it a pop-up came saying he discovered so&so sim was single.

Yes, "Partner" is a special discoverable trait. I'd like to also find out about parents, siblings, children, maybe even co-workers and close friends. It's chrome, but chrome can make a game interesting.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 3:25 AM
Photoalbum. I need my photo album back. I don't feel like the sims are playing are MINE unless I can document their lives.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JeNNacide
Photoalbum. I need my photo album back. I don't feel like the sims are playing are MINE unless I can document their lives.

The photo album replacement is on the official site.

I do not like being forced to use online tools for basic functions.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 4:08 AM
MEMORIES! I never thought I would miss them. Thinking about installing TS2 again PRONTO just because of this! I like to see what my sims have already done without wondering. I played a premade family, and I couldn't tell if it was the first they've woohooed or not and it made me sad. I feel like I've taken sooo many steps backward. =[
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 4:53 AM
Default My 2 Cents...
More community lots. Those "community lots" gets old really, really fast. And as several has mentioned, I'd like to SEE what's going on at work. Add more restaurants, bowling alleys, spas, MALLS/SHOPPING CENTERS -- all of those can add jobs.

Swim at the beach! Uh, what is the point of having a beach if you can't swim in it?! Where are the crabs, shells and other "beachy" things?! Sims should be able to build sandcastles, beach volleyball, water guns, suntan -- things that people do at the beach!

Necklaces. Where are the necklaces?! Sure, there's a couple on *some* outfits but I may not want my Sim to wear that particular outfit.

ELIMINATE the Sims store. EA, we get it. People will buy CC, why? We'll never know but we know they will. However, you should have ADDED those in the game. I would think when the game was pushed back 4 MONTHS, that should have gave you the time to fix the crap you were to lazy to put in. Mom always says, "Do it right THE FIRST time and you won't have to do it again."

HOBBIES! Ugh, me and my Sims are bored. 'Nuff said. Wouldn't it be nice to have a book club?! Bookworm Sims can have their neighbors over and discuss books; little girls could be Girl Scouts (call it, Llama Scouts or something), have something like a Star Trek convention, like how they have Trekies? That's a hobby, make something Sims related.

Holidays -- and NOT holiday stuff, either. This will be especially cute since we have a seamless neighborhood. To see little kids trick-or-treating or a group of neighbors singing Christmas carols, that would be awesome to see.

Neighborhood functions. I know about that stupid "neighborhood grill-a-thon" but hardly anyone be there. What about a block party, contests, a CARNIVAL!

More careers and other career paths. I'd like to see some realistic careers, some that are "easier" than others, or at least more realistic. For example, a mailman, (because we have cars) mechanics, landscapers, firefighters...and expand other careers like for the medical career expand to a pharmacist, veterinarian, OB/GYN -- that can come in handy for pregnant women. Or for entertainment expand to actor/actress, music producer, model, TV host, reality TV star. I think you guys get what I'm saying...

WEATHER. Why see the wind blow if there's no rain, snow or falling leaves. I think that's quite stupid, don't you think?

PETS. Yeah, I know. The TS2 Pet expansion was dumb and useless, but with this one, make it fun. Have exotic animals, people have snakes, spiders and monkeys for pets. Then have a neighborhood function like a pet show, also that's where a vet career can jump in. Hell, add a zoo or two.

Supernatural creatures. Even though I'm not "big" on that, I'd still like to have a choice on playing one.

Expand the party idea. What about baby showers, graduation parties (for teens and children), bachelor/ette parties, BBQ's -- make things more fun.

FIX those motives/skills thing. Um, didn't EA say that we weren't going to be focusing on keeping our Sims clean, neat and fed -- FAIL. Every time I turn around my Sim has to eat or pee.

Sigh. I could go on and on but I don't wanna bore you. Overall, yes the Sims 3 is alright, however, I do think it could be better, a LOT better. I just feel like they gotten super lazy with everything. The game looks and feels rushed.

To me, when I look at The Sims 3, the cities feel like a failing economy to me, lol. No jobs, bad education, bored Sims...EA fix yo' stuff!
Test Subject
#45 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 4:56 AM
OMG there's so many things... but the most important :

Fashionable Outfits, Modern Furniture, Modern Hairstyle, Customizable and fully playable community lots!!! New Objects (not stupid recolor)!!!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 7:50 AM
Chrissi, I love your ideas. And loka, I am right there with you on the outfits, hair, and fully playable community lots. One more tiny thing I'd like to see... EA, can I have my pool diving board back, please?
Test Subject
#47 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 8:00 AM
I'd like to see more jobs other than the career tracks. My main sims work in a bookstore and grocery store, and I find it to be a bit more realistic than one of the career tracks. Maybe something like a magazine shop or a convenience store.
Test Subject
#48 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 9:11 AM
Probably the main things like pets, careers and stuff like that will eventually come with expansion packs.

A few things Id really like to see atm are memories, horror genre in writing and custom paintings. Ohh and it would be nice to see whats going on when Im at work, shopping and so on...
Test Subject
#49 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by -Chrissi-
More community lots. Those "community lots" gets old really, really fast. And as several has mentioned, I'd like to SEE what's going on at work. Add more restaurants, bowling alleys, spas, MALLS/SHOPPING CENTERS -- all of those can add jobs.

Swim at the beach! Uh, what is the point of having a beach if you can't swim in it?! Where are the crabs, shells and other "beachy" things?! Sims should be able to build sandcastles, beach volleyball, water guns, suntan -- things that people do at the beach!

Necklaces. Where are the necklaces?! Sure, there's a couple on *some* outfits but I may not want my Sim to wear that particular outfit.

ELIMINATE the Sims store. EA, we get it. People will buy CC, why? We'll never know but we know they will. However, you should have ADDED those in the game. I would think when the game was pushed back 4 MONTHS, that should have gave you the time to fix the crap you were to lazy to put in. Mom always says, "Do it right THE FIRST time and you won't have to do it again."

HOBBIES! Ugh, me and my Sims are bored. 'Nuff said. Wouldn't it be nice to have a book club?! Bookworm Sims can have their neighbors over and discuss books; little girls could be Girl Scouts (call it, Llama Scouts or something), have something like a Star Trek convention, like how they have Trekies? That's a hobby, make something Sims related.

Holidays -- and NOT holiday stuff, either. This will be especially cute since we have a seamless neighborhood. To see little kids trick-or-treating or a group of neighbors singing Christmas carols, that would be awesome to see.

Neighborhood functions. I know about that stupid "neighborhood grill-a-thon" but hardly anyone be there. What about a block party, contests, a CARNIVAL!

More careers and other career paths. I'd like to see some realistic careers, some that are "easier" than others, or at least more realistic. For example, a mailman, (because we have cars) mechanics, landscapers, firefighters...and expand other careers like for the medical career expand to a pharmacist, veterinarian, OB/GYN -- that can come in handy for pregnant women. Or for entertainment expand to actor/actress, music producer, model, TV host, reality TV star. I think you guys get what I'm saying...

WEATHER. Why see the wind blow if there's no rain, snow or falling leaves. I think that's quite stupid, don't you think?

PETS. Yeah, I know. The TS2 Pet expansion was dumb and useless, but with this one, make it fun. Have exotic animals, people have snakes, spiders and monkeys for pets. Then have a neighborhood function like a pet show, also that's where a vet career can jump in. Hell, add a zoo or two.

Supernatural creatures. Even though I'm not "big" on that, I'd still like to have a choice on playing one.

Expand the party idea. What about baby showers, graduation parties (for teens and children), bachelor/ette parties, BBQ's -- make things more fun.

FIX those motives/skills thing. Um, didn't EA say that we weren't going to be focusing on keeping our Sims clean, neat and fed -- FAIL. Every time I turn around my Sim has to eat or pee.

Sigh. I could go on and on but I don't wanna bore you. Overall, yes the Sims 3 is alright, however, I do think it could be better, a LOT better. I just feel like they gotten super lazy with everything. The game looks and feels rushed.

To me, when I look at The Sims 3, the cities feel like a failing economy to me, lol. No jobs, bad education, bored Sims...EA fix yo' stuff!

All of this, YES!
Test Subject
#50 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:55 PM
Hmm missing:
*vanity tables for toddlers, it not normal to change diapers and clothes of the little ones on a table anymore? :p
*bath time kids, my babies needs to get cleened, but all i can do is change a diaper?
*clutter, there absolutly not enough clutter here
*memories, didnt think i would miss them to much, but as it bin staited before here, when i play a family i would like to know what they have done before i got there, trying to memorize several families just aint gonna happen..
*shelves, there are NO shelves in this game.. omg i need my shelves as much as i need my clutter
*move thing like pictures, wall lamps, the smalles windows, cabinets,(shelves if someone makes some) up and down the wall.
*OH, and to make a new selection, like in the sims2 we could put things we liked together and wootnot in a folder so that we easally could find all the stuff again in buy menu and stuff.. (understand what im trying to say here, not sure i do )

And i want a mod of some kind that lets me deside that my sims sould eat their dinner and stuff inside at the dining table and not go outside to the table thats in use when their bbq'ing...
Page 2 of 3