Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arcadus
They did the 16k handout because you could basically dupe money without cheating. If you didn't like the accidental dupe, there was no way to get back to the old amount of money without cheating.

I'm just wondering how sims are supposed to survive starting out with zero dollars? I've never had a hack like that in my game before so I don't know what to expect.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ktbcca
I'm just wondering how sims are supposed to survive starting out with zero dollars? I've never had a hack like that in my game before so I don't know what to expect.

Maybe the entire household's funds get split up evenly between split family members?
Inventor
#28 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:13 PM
I now worship Pescado.
This is wonderful! I just hope it doesn't crash my game

It crashed. T_T
Theorist
#29 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:17 PM
Okay, I took the plunge and it works for me. I know for certain I wasn't able to make waffles and pancakes for lunch last time I played. Yay for my plunging skills! Thank you Pescado!
Field Researcher
#30 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:22 PM
Going to buy the game tommorow.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:28 PM
I just tried it and so far, no problems, no crashes.
Test Subject
#32 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blaise Parker
I just tried it and so far, no problems, no crashes.

Same here. I am really happy
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#33 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:36 PM
Dunno about others, but:

Quote:
7. Books Are Not Magic Scrolls: Books do not disintegrate after reading.

I've never ever EVER had this happen. Once. Not sure why it needs a "fix", unless it only affects certain books - in which case, that should be specified.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Instructor
#34 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:36 PM
This is awesome!! I am 100 times more excited about buying my game tomorrow now! Thank you Pescado!!!

^_^
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:38 PM
Quote:
I've never ever EVER had this happen. Once. Not sure why it needs a "fix".

It happens after reading a recipe or music book and it's supposed to happen, but it's annoying and the book can't be used again.

This signature has been censored because of the 13 year old badly written sentimentalism. -.-
Test Subject
#36 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:41 PM
For some reason, whenever I try to unzip and install files into my game, a popup appears that says my access is denied. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Field Researcher
#37 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blondynka
Maybe the entire household's funds get split up evenly between split family members?

That's how it worked in TS2. If a 5 member household had 10,000 simoleons and you moved out 3 family members, the new family would have 6,000 simoleons and the existing family's funds would drop to 4,000. It makes things much more realistic. Your rich sim's kids are rich, your poor sim's kids are poor.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kupotheeweirdo
For some reason, whenever I try to unzip and install files into my game, a popup appears that says my access is denied. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Right click and see if there is an option to unzip/extract/install as admin?
Test Subject
#39 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:53 PM
Does anybody know if shutting off aging and autonomy will work? The Pescado thing makes my game crash. Good thing I have a backup.
Alchemist
#40 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JaneSamborski
That's how it worked in TS2. If a 5 member household had 10,000 simoleons and you moved out 3 family members, the new family would have 6,000 simoleons and the existing family's funds would drop to 4,000. It makes things much more realistic. Your rich sim's kids are rich, your poor sim's kids are poor.

That didnt happen in my TS2 game. Using the same example as you; The sims left in the house had the same amount of money and the moved out sims (regardless of how many) had $20,000 everytime.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JaneSamborski

Thanks for explaining that.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kustirider2
That didnt happen in my TS2 game. Using the same example as you; The sims left in the house had the same amount of money and the moved out sims (regardless of how many) had $20,000 everytime.

Sorry for not being clear, I was explaining how Pescados's equivalent "no20khandouts" hack for TS2 worked.
Test Subject
#43 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 8:58 PM Last edited by Ultraboy2k : 4th Jun 2009 at 9:44 PM.
I also had the crash problem, right after loading screen. I checked the little TXT report in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. It pointed to a DLL file not being found.

Quote:
[Instruction data]
004df15b => DasmX86Dll.dll not found.

So I just downloaded the file from here, and placed it in my TS3 Bin directory.

Anyway, seems to work fine now, I'll report back if that changes.

--

P.S. If you're concerned about placing a new DLL on your machine, a google search of the file name will get you lots of info on it, particularily how it's crept up in issues with other EA Games in recent history.

--

EDIT: I thought this was optional, but it seems the DLL needs to be placed in the TS3\Game\Bin directory.
Theorist
#44 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:02 PM
For anyone with crashing problems, did you move the .zip file TO the TS3 folder then choose "extract to here" rather than unzipping it and dragging out the files? There's a folder structure in there that will be needed.
Test Subject
#45 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:06 PM
It's amazing how quickly he was able to develop that fix!

Does anyone know if it's Mac compatible?
Inventor
#46 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:09 PM
I seemed to get the hack to work without crashing so far!
I took the hack out and put it back in. So far I got past the loading screen.
Test Subject
#47 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:12 PM
I cannot figure out which folder to extract it in? and the framework that you extract first?
Forum Resident
#48 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:12 PM
nvm

Does anyone know if this hack also stops my sims randomly moving away?
Theorist
#49 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:20 PM
Quote:
I cannot figure out which folder to extract it in? and the framework that you extract first?

I just moved the framework.zip to my Sims 3 folder, which by default is Program Files>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3 then right-clicked and chose "extract to here" which created a new sub-folder called Mods. Within that Mods folder are two more folders: files and packages. Then I read the readme file that came with Pescado's mod and followed the instructions, which says to place it in the packages folder.

Quote:
Does anyone know if this hack also stops my sims randomly moving away?

Since this will allow you to now turn Story Progression off, then yes, you can keep Sims from randomly moving away. Just keep in mind with SP off, other things won't happen within the game.
Instructor
#50 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Oprah
EA should send a fat cheque to MATY, they saved the game from disaster.

Seriously!
Page 2 of 8