Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:23 PM
The "resource.cfg" file and the "Mods" folder from the framework goes in the install folder ("Program files > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3"). The .dll file in the "Game > Bin" folder of the framework goes in the "EA > The Sims 3 > Game > Bin folder".

Then you just have to extract the "awesome.package" to the newly created "EA > The Sims 3 > Mods > Packages" folder and voilĂ  !

So far none of the sims in the neighborhood have moved in OR out. I'm very happy :D

*edit : oh nevermind, I'm just slow
Advertisement
Alchemist
#52 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JaneSamborski
Sorry for not being clear, I was explaining how Pescados's equivalent "no20khandouts" hack for TS2 worked.

Oh right *Is embarrassed*
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:28 PM Last edited by Foxen : 4th Jun 2009 at 9:28 PM. Reason: Typo.
Downloading and installing the DLL worked for me. No crashes, and awesomeness on my computer!

This signature has been censored because of the 13 year old badly written sentimentalism. -.-
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by so_freakin_glam
Same here. now when i get paid , i will buy the game...yesss the excitement is back for sims 3

I just find it sad,Pescado is the one making the game actually playable and EA still reels in the cash and worse yet they have no shame,fans/modders are the ones fixing their shit. *sigh*

I am truly grateful for Pescado and everyone who makes the train wreck work like it's supposed to.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mishibob
I just find it sad,Pescado is the one making the game actually playable and EA still reels in the cash and worse yet they have no shame,fans/modders are the ones fixing their shit. *sigh*

I am truly grateful for Pescado and everyone who makes the train wreck work like it's supposed to.

Me too! I have always been grateful to all the sims modders/hackers/creators. :lovestruc YOU GUYS ROCK!!!! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#56 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:55 PM
Pescado's DA MAIN MAN!

The patch works like a dream and no crashes so far!
Joy!
Test Subject
#57 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:10 PM
So, is this Mac compatible?

RSS ROOLZ!!!!!!www.youtube.com/jakepolo1
Scholar
#58 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:52 PM
*bladder motive fails*

.:Kitty Klan:.
Visit for Sims 3 Hair, Tattoos, and other free custom content downloads.

.For website updates, subscribe to my RSS feed at.
Dreamwidth Blog
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:29 PM
I downloaded that dll file, put in in game/bin and still it crashes on load and crash reports that missing dll????????????????

I even tried putting it in the windows folder where all the other dll files are.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:35 PM
Quick question...

I read over what this hack includes (and I'm amazed and thankful to Pescado for it!) but as far as Story Progression goes, my only concern is that my different families will move away from the town when I'm not playing them. Is that fixed in this hack? I don't believe it is... but I could be misunderstanding something.

nom nom nom nom
Scholar
#61 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:43 PM Last edited by robokitty : 5th Jun 2009 at 8:45 PM.
I installed it and got the crashing on load thing too. I'm on Vista, which always has a bunch of irritating user access settings, so I went into Game>Bin, found the exe file for the game, and set it to run as administrator. I just loaded the game again, and this time, no crash.

edit: NM, the time it didn't crash appears to be due to the "keep trying" technique

.:Kitty Klan:.
Visit for Sims 3 Hair, Tattoos, and other free custom content downloads.

.For website updates, subscribe to my RSS feed at.
Dreamwidth Blog
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:57 PM
Also... I dont think the download is working for me. I've downloaded it to the exact location it says to (and I downloaded the first file as well, to the right location) but there are no changes in my game. Am I misunderstanding something?

nom nom nom nom
transmogrified
retired moderator
#63 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 12:07 AM
LindsFish, if you believe you followed the instructions and the mod isn't working, the only options are that the mod doesn't work or that you are misunderstanding something. Post #51 above may prove helpful. Make sure ALL the files (the framework and the mod) are in the proper locations. Beyond that, you'll need to go to MATY for your answer, as individual creators support their own work.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 12:18 AM
My game won't load with this installed. Start up screen freezes
Field Researcher
#65 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 12:26 AM
I think the game was working fine as it was, and was intended to do. I haven't noticed yet if the story progression was still a problem in the purchased game, but if it is, then I'll let EA fix that with a patch. Honestly, I'm just not interested in all the so-called "fixes" which are really just hacks to how the game was made to work. It's fine if that's how you want to play your game, but I'm going to go ahead and play mine as intended, with no modifications other than the censor blur one.

Congrats El Presidente for your success. Those of you who weren't happy with the way the game is supposed to work, I'm glad you are able to conform it to how you want to play. As for myself, I like the game just fine as it is intended.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
LindsFish, if you believe you followed the instructions and the mod isn't working, the only options are that the mod doesn't work or that you are misunderstanding something. Post #51 above may prove helpful. Make sure ALL the files (the framework and the mod) are in the proper locations. Beyond that, you'll need to go to MATY for your answer, as individual creators support their own work.

Double, triple checked, and then tried multiple things that were suggested on the MATY thread, but still no luck. I'm going to try and start up the game a few more times because it seems like some people are having luck by just trying over and over to get it to load.

Oh, and hey! It worked the third time I tried. Annoying, but it worked. Maybe it'll stay that way now?

nom nom nom nom
Test Subject
#67 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 1:36 AM Last edited by FallenMorgan : 5th Jun 2009 at 2:30 AM.
Okay, here's what seems to be going on...

The mod is crashing my game upon loading, but it loads fine when I go to TS3.exe. The mod seems to not work when I do it this way, because parthenogenesis occured...what the hell?

And adding the .dll file isn't working. GAH!

Now it's not even working when I go directly to TS3.exe!

*Bashes head against wall*

EDIT:

I think it's the framework.zip. Remove that file from the main directory.

Another edit:

That only worked once, then it crashed again.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#68 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 2:30 AM
New version out. Retry. And someone made this a sticky? :P

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
#69 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by momicajack
I think the game was working fine as it was, and was intended to do. I haven't noticed yet if the story progression was still a problem in the purchased game, but if it is, then I'll let EA fix that with a patch. Honestly, I'm just not interested in all the so-called "fixes" which are really just hacks to how the game was made to work. It's fine if that's how you want to play your game, but I'm going to go ahead and play mine as intended, with no modifications other than the censor blur one.

Congrats El Presidente for your success. Those of you who weren't happy with the way the game is supposed to work, I'm glad you are able to conform it to how you want to play. As for myself, I like the game just fine as it is intended.

That's right... EA makes the rules ... There's a "new game" = "new rules"...
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 2:59 AM Last edited by PuddleJumper : 5th Jun 2009 at 3:24 AM.
Yes! so glad this is done.

Ugh! it doesn't work.
I think I downloaded right.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by momicajack
I'm just not interested in all the so-called "fixes" which are really just hacks to how the game was made to work. It's fine if that's how you want to play your game, but I'm going to go ahead and play mine as intended, with no modifications other than the censor blur one.
/me hands momicajack a cookie.

Anything else you need to get off your chest, sweetie?

Ahem. Thanks for all your hard work for the Sims community, Pescado. Most of us really appreciate it! :lovestruc I know I for one don't believe my sims up and moving away or cloning themselves was intended, so this is a VERY welcome series of fixes!
Test Subject
#72 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 3:16 AM
We need a real solution/crash problem....please!!!!
Theorist
#73 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 3:23 AM
Quote:
We need a real solution/crash problem....please!!!!

Have you tried the new version Pescado mentioned above?

I've been having lots of fun this evening as the power keeps blipping and my computer has been turned off four times (and no, this has nothing to do with TS3, we had a storm earlier and the power isn't exactly reliable at the moment). During this time I've found that if I start my game and click so as not to watch the loading movie my game crashes just shortly after that. If I let that movie run it's loading just fine. Perhaps this updated version will fix that problem, though. I'm off to try that now.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 3:25 AM
The nerf he did to steel bladder sucks! Its back where it was having to pee much more often than the points buffs I have in hunger and hygiene.
Theorist
#75 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 3:37 AM
Well, so much for that. Even the updated version crashes if I click to get rid of the movie. :P
Page 3 of 8