Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Strange - Knit Patterns for TS3, plus bonus wool!

by aikea guinea Posted 5th Jun 2009 at 11:19 PM

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 12:12 AM
ohhh Shiny
Love it a lot! Thank you for sharing these.
Grazie!
Test Subject
#3 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 12:22 AM
Thanks for these. Life was seriously lacking without knits. Now I can make that family of knit only wearing sims I was hoping for pre-launch.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 12:45 AM
These are cool! Hopefully I can buy sims 3 soon! Love your model too.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 12:51 AM Last edited by katana : 6th Jun 2009 at 1:58 AM.
I particularly love the knit shown on the striped sweater. Lovely! Thanks for sharing.

Might I ask which pattern tool you used? I've heard of several in the works.

ETA: Wow, I feel stupid. Yep, I saw Delphy's pattern program right after I made that post. Four pages of downloads and I still miss things.
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:07 AM
Delphy released a pattern tool here: http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=342998
Scholar
#7 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:16 AM
These are fab Aikea, thanks!
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:50 AM
Wow! The first knitted texture! Awesom job . Honestly, i have no ide how did you do this even if i made tons clothes for Sims 2.
Eminence Grise
#9 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 3:21 AM
Oh nice, these are very useful. I've found that knit patterns also work well for ornamental lampshades btw
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 3:38 AM
You SO rock.

-Dennis-
A big nerd at heart.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 3:40 AM
Can I thank you enough for this? I always loved your textures for TS2, and so being able to use these lovely patterns you've created for TS3 just makes my day. Thank you
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 3:49 AM
Thank you! I love sweaters, and what's a sweater without WOOL! :-)

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:58 PM
Love all your work, thanks!
Inventor
#14 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:59 PM
As a knitter, I think they look pretty dead-on. Thank you so much for these.

Reyn Silversong-Sim Architect

Terms of Use-All of my stuff is available for use anywhere that is free. All I ask is credit and a link back to the objects in question, or the house they are featured with. DO NOT POST ON THE EXCHANGE!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 4:00 PM
Excellent, thank you!
Mad Poster
#16 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 4:25 PM
You have answered my first want for the Sims 3 game. Now I can make some decent sweaters. Thanks so much!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#17 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:28 PM
Awesome!! I love your Sims 2 sweaters, great to have some nice sweater textures for Sims 3. Thank you so much!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#18 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 7:58 PM
Thank you! I tried doing some of this stuff and got completely brain blocked! I'm going to have to try again...you've inspired me!
Test Subject
#19 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 1:10 AM
I've used the striped knit pattern for my evil sims room! It looks wonderful :P, who cares if i have knitted walls :D
Inventor
#20 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:39 AM Last edited by ScorpioMaurus : 8th Jun 2009 at 3:14 AM.
Hello as always I love everything you create however I'm having a problem with some patterns. The striped pattern shows up just fine but the others show up Black both on the Sim and in their Thumbnail. I am having the same problem with 1 of the 3 patterns by Snaitf as well which is the one showing in this Pic.

I have an AMD Phenom 9100 Quad Core with 8GB of Dual Channel RAM and it's default ATI Radeon HD 3200 GPU. I will be upgrading the graphics card to an ATI Radeon HD 4650 with 1 GB of Memory this week. I don't know if that might have something to do with it or not seeing as some custom patterns do show and some do not. All my patterns by HP work just fine so I have no clue what's causing this. Haven't seen a thread about it yet but if someone could gently point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful. As you can see in this Pic the Striped one works fine I apologize for the darkness but it comes out that way when I hit Prt Scrn:

Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:01 AM
Thanks a lot for these! It has nothing to do with the post, but I must say I envy your sim. I've been trying to make mine a little less boxy-faced and can't. I miss the narrow/thin faces (and heads!) of sims 2
Field Researcher
#22 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:10 AM
Great patterns..these will definately come in handy!!
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 5:15 PM
I do want that trench, I cannot seem to find it anywhere in the adult clothes library... Is it a teen? The model, that is.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 3:34 AM
Aikea these are fantastic! Your sim is fantastic too!
Test Subject
#25 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 11:59 PM
Default you rock!
I have always loved your work for the sims 2 so I was thrilled to see you doing sims3 stuff as well. The knits are incredible. Thanks for sharing. I like your simmy too I hope you upload him some day. I am terribly frustrated making sims that don't look like wrestlers lol.

Thanks again
Iriestor
Page 1 of 2