Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:56 AM
Default Can't make fat sims....Anyone else?
When i use the body modifiers to make a larger/fatter sized sim... this happens. I guess the whole world is skinny after all...

These are all with the weight modifiers all the way up...

Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:00 AM
WTF...it totally deforms your sims...they kinda look like Quasimodo. I'd be calling tech support pronto!

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:02 AM
I saw someone else with sims that looked like that when they made them really fat.. I don't know if/how they fixed it.
Test Subject
#4 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:05 AM
Umm, That is strange is it your graphic card? When you play do you notice anything else ODD about the graphics? Try reinstalling the game if it still happens call Tech support.

P.S That first picture is funny as hell
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:09 AM
Any person that is supposed to be bigger sized they are deformed like that. I don't know what is or what I did..? When i first started playing the game... I could make anybody any size without problem... now all of a sudden.. they turn into monsters...

Another thing i noticed is that pregnant sims belly's don't get big either...
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pushit23
Any person that is supposed to be bigger sized they are deformed like that. I don't know what is or what I did..? When i first started playing the game... I could make anybody any size without problem... now all of a sudden.. they turn into monsters...

Another thing i noticed is that pregnant sims belly's don't get big either...

Hmm, Did you edit the options ? What did you set your video options for sims 3 at. Does your Graphic card reach the requirements?
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:52 AM
This is what happens to me! I posted this in the Sims 3 help forum, with no luck. I called Sims3 tech people who told me my display drivers needed updating, but that didn't work either. My card works with the game, perfectly in all other ways with all options at highest settings so I don't know...

:-( I think we're going to have to wait for some kind of patch or mod or something!
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:56 AM
I think we can all agree Tech Support is worthless.

Have you tried lowering the graphic settings or reinstalling the game?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 3:03 AM
Also, check with the place you bought your game. Sometimes you can take it back and tell them you got a defective disc and they'll replace it. And if that doesn't help, then it obviously has to be some sort of combination of your computer hardware and game settings. Or perhaps even a glitch with a particular type of graphics card. You know, sometimes they put out a list of specific cards that wont work with it for some reason.

Wow, I sure hope you can find a fix for that. I'm really sad for you all. =(
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 3:09 AM
It's a video card driver incompatibility error. Upgrade your driver. If the problem persists, you need a new video card.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 4:00 AM
yeah...if your having trouble with the way your sims are rendering, then update your vid drivers first before doing anything else. That should fix it, but I doubt you will have to buy a new vid card, everything else looks really good. I hope your problem fixes its self...I find it entertaining to play a fat sim and then watch them get skinny after working out...it reminds me of myself!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 4:25 AM
Hahah I had the same problems! (Picture here).

You need to update your video card driver. If you have Vista,click on the start button and on the search field type "dxdiag" (if you have Windows XP,click the run..button and type dxdiag) and press enter. On the tabs above,click on "display" and there it will tell you which graphic/video card you're using,for example mine is an Intel 965 Express Chipset.

What I did was,I went to google and typed the name of my video card and I found a site to see if mine was updated (you can see the version you have in the dxdiag window) it was not so I downloaded and installed the latest update with their instructions and the problem was fixed.

Hope I helped.
Scholar
#13 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 4:35 AM
I don't have this problem, I'm able to make anorexics and fattys with no problems. I agree it probably is a graphics conflict, but if the rest of the game renders images without a problem, then it may be something else.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 5:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mishibob
Hahah I had the same problems! (Picture here).

You need to update your video card driver. If you have Vista,click on the start button and on the search field type "dxdiag" (if you have Windows XP,click the run..button and type dxdiag) and press enter. On the tabs above,click on "display" and there it will tell you which graphic/video card you're using,for example mine is an Intel 965 Express Chipset.

What I did was,I went to google and typed the name of my video card and I found a site to see if mine was updated (you can see the version you have in the dxdiag window) it was not so I downloaded and installed the latest update with their instructions and the problem was fixed.

Hope I helped.

I have the same Graphics Chipset... i just updated the drivers and am still having the same problems
Instructor
#15 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 5:26 AM
Egad! Your pics made me spit out my coffee.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:05 AM
send a ticket to EA games...I'm sure they have a work around if the problem is with just one kind of chipset
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:14 AM
does the CAS really have legs and arms adjustable with sliders ???

Choose life.Choose a job.Choose a career.Choose a family, Choose a f**king big tele, Choose washing machines, cars, cd players.Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage.Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning.Choose your future. Choose life
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by toyfaces
does the CAS really have legs and arms adjustable with sliders ???

No. The shipped version has two sliders. One for full body fatness. One for full body muscle. The fatness does scale nicely. Fatties look good, but you can't reproduce those people we all see walking around our towns with massive beer guts over spindly legs or scrawny arms and more than ample buttocks.

EDIT: I meant, of course, our towns in real life. Not our sim towns we see on flickering computer screens as we sit in darkened rooms.
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:22 AM
Thank you for the quick reply! some so-called "sims 3 facts" confused me

Choose life.Choose a job.Choose a career.Choose a family, Choose a f**king big tele, Choose washing machines, cars, cd players.Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage.Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning.Choose your future. Choose life
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:33 AM
Don't call tech support, call an exorcist!

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is a Maxis game! What's to win? You and your sims can play unto perpetuity, getting into entanglements and trying to get out, and by the time you know it, it will be 3am your time, and you don't even have your teeth brushed...
--The Sims 1 Prima Guide
Forum Resident
#21 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:36 AM
Definitely some sort of graphics error. I haven't got the game, but my Mum has it on her computer and she made one as large as she could, and it worked out fine. Well, except for the face being out of proportionally chubby.
Banned
#22 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:44 AM
The first two pictures are a cross between horrifying and just plain awesome.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pushit23
I have the same Graphics Chipset... i just updated the drivers and am still having the same problems

Is it version 7.14.0010.1437? For the main driver it says I have igdum64.dll,do you have something different? Hm.
Scholar
#24 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:47 PM
Oh lord I shat myself when I saw that first picture

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 3:56 PM
This doesn't belong here, it does belong here.

Also, as stated, it is a graphics card issue, not an issue with the game.

So you need to either update your graphics card, deal with it, or purchase a new graphics card.
Page 1 of 2