Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 5:05 AM
Default Guess what?
I like The Sims 3. And I am sick of all those negative reviews. I have been a simmer player for over three years and I loved The Sims 3. At first, I didn't want it. I loved The Sims 2 and didn't want anything to do with "The Sims 3."
But, after awhile I started reading more about The Sims 3. I was intrigued. So many things I had wanted in The Sims 2 they had made in The Sims 3. I was all exctied after reading so many great things and could not wait. I worked hard to earn it, and finally I got it.
After hearing so many negative things I was unsure. Will it be good? Should I still get it? But I stuck with it and promised myself I would try to like it.
I installed it and went into CAS. You know what? CAS may be lacking in hair but the customising for the hair is brilliant you can add highlights and all. It's amazing! The fatness slider was very cool and I messed around with it. Now we can truly have more realistic people! I was so happy with everything. Shoes? YES! Nice facial hair? YES! Accesories? YES! All of it made me happy.

Then I got to playing. With the sim I had just made I bought her a house. Alll furished and ready. And when I got in the game, I must admit I found it hard! The controls were different and I struggled a little. But I found my way. I was getting more dissapointed the harder I tried with my sim in the house. Then I realised, I could go out on the town! I visited neighbours, went to the Spa, bought books and socialized. I loved how the traits make your sim truly different from everyone else! It's cute how between 8:00 AM and 9:00 AM you see all these children walking into the school. (including Mortimer Goth!) The socializing is brilliant and once again the traits make it better. Giving them more options when they socialize. Truly socializing with different sims really is different!

So, cutting it short. I understand some people generally don't like it, but give it a go. It does take some getting used to. But it's worth it, trust me.

Smile.
It's easier than explaining why you're sad.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 5:08 AM
Guess what? I like it, too. But I think EA dropped the ball on a few issues.

Like the game? Yes. Liking it more than TS2, actually.

Think that excuses sloppy game design and programming? No.
Instructor
#3 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 5:21 AM
I fully expected to open this thread and have the message "CHICKEN BUTT" staring back at me.

X-tashi-x...you missed a perfectly good opportunity to pull a classic joke, much loved by eight-year-olds everywhere.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 5:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoTheMuse
I fully expected to open this thread and have the message "CHICKEN BUTT" staring back at me.

X-tashi-x...you missed a perfectly good opportunity to pull a classic joke, much loved by eight-year-olds everywhere.

I thought we had determined eight-year-olds don't play the game, they just review it.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:08 AM
THANK YOU! I just posted a rant on my LJ about how everyone is negative about the game. I basically said, "If you don't like it then throw it away or return it and STFU about it already." I love this game. It's going to have alot of flaws because it is a GAME. I mean what do you expect, seriously?

I love the doughy looking faces, I love the interactions, I love almost everything about it (notice I said almost, because it has it's flaws). I think this game makes it so much more interesting to me. :D
Inventor
#6 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:29 AM
I'm so glad to see positive people like you! Once I got Pescado's mod I loved TS3. I'm actually addicted to it. I also think it has a lot of potential, mod-wise, if people would just give it a chance!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:32 AM
Nekonyami- Can you link me to the mod? thanks

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is a Maxis game! What's to win? You and your sims can play unto perpetuity, getting into entanglements and trying to get out, and by the time you know it, it will be 3am your time, and you don't even have your teeth brushed...
--The Sims 1 Prima Guide
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 6:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nekonyami
[…]positive people[…]Pescado[…]

Hang on. Let me scan that again.

Wow! You actually used "positive people" and "Pescado" in the same reply.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 7:37 AM
i love it too!!! dont go to the sims3 BBS i have been trying to help the kids for days there they all claim, they have above specs and they dont and they wonder why their game isnt working
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 7:37 AM
Thank you for saying this! I just got the game yesterday and so far I am really enjoying it. Yes, it is different than Sims 2 but if that's the game you love, continue playing it. No one is making anybody get The Sims 3, you are more than welcome to happily play The Sims 2. I personally, plan on keeping both games on my computer.

I do agree there are a few flaws, but overall I am having a really good time.
Banned
#11 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 7:44 AM
Personally, I love the sims 3, much better than sims 2, and I find it easier, and I think the graphics are better. But that's just imho.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 8:13 AM
Some people like it, and some people don't. You can't hold it against them for having an opinion.

The only people that piss me off are the people new to the sims asking "Is this supposed to be fun?" "When does this get fun?" "This is pointless." Ugh, go back to playing halo.

Anyway, I both love, and hate this game. I can't stand the rabbit holes. (Only for the stores and restaurants. I can understand work places.) And the fact that it's missing so much content that was even in the sims 2 base game. Is this really how the sims franchise will play out until it dies? Release a base game, make expansions, then make the sequel with the addition of a few new features, and minus everything from the eps, then remake the eps and repeat the process. Not to mention, I was incredibly pissed to see that you couldn't put your own music in the build, buy, neighborhood, or CAS menus. And that the game didn't come with some sort of body shop program.

Despite all the BS, I love the sims 3. And I'm heavily addicted to it. Just waiting for the first ep so I could be a little less infuriating. lol
Forum Resident
#13 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 8:15 AM
a worker at eb games told me a expansion is coming in november date and name unknown
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 9:33 AM
Quote:
THANK YOU! I just posted a rant on my LJ about how everyone is negative about the game. I basically said, "If you don't like it then throw it away or return it and STFU about it already." I love this game. It's going to have alot of flaws because it is a GAME. I mean what do you expect, seriously?

I love the doughy looking faces, I love the interactions, I love almost everything about it (notice I said almost, because it has it's flaws). I think this game makes it so much more interesting to me.

Yep, I totally agree with you! The Sims 3 is brilliant. I love the doughy faces too!

I just wish people would stop thinking that it's going to be The Sims 2 with a seamless hood. It's not. It's not going to be The Sims 2 but improved. It's a whole new game. It's not an expansion and really, everyone should get used to it. It has its flaws, I'm not denying. But, it's a whole new part to The Sims franchise. IT'S NOT THE SIMS 2! IT'S THE SIMS 3! IT'S DIFFERENT! They freshened it up and added whole new things, which in it's own is making it it's own fantastic game.
/End rant

Smile.
It's easier than explaining why you're sad.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 10:05 AM
I love it too. I don't understand all the negativities towards it - perhaps it's because people have been so hyped about it, which I haven't. I didn't even know if I should buy it or not, but on a whim (after a few beers LOL) I ordered it and it arrived at the release date here in Denmark, Thursday.

Of course it's not TS2 - like x-tashi-x says, it's DIFFERENT - it's not the same game. If you want to play TS2, play TS2. TS3 is different, but good! Practically the only thing that's bothering me is a very small thing - the pictures of the sims' faces in the left of the screen look very TS1 to me with the screaming green background and the 'not-so-classy' touches. Other than that, I'm fully satisfied with TS3.

"Euphobia- Fear of hearing good news."
Doctor: Good news - you are completely healthy!
Patient: NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! [collapses and dies of chok]

http://www.iduniq.com - your own, personal unique ID - join the wave; I'm #3013 :D
Test Subject
#16 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 10:48 AM
Totally agreed as well. I love this game. Some complaints here and there but they're mostly about bugs (Sims won't drive their own cars to work, for example) and I have faith they'll be fixed either in a patch or a hack. I'm glad to see I'm not alone in loving this game.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:24 PM
I think we need more negative reviews '=)
Forum Resident
#18 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DevilsAdvocate
I was incredibly pissed to see that you couldn't put your own music in the build, buy, neighborhood, or CAS menus.

I thought exactly the same! There's only around 5 tracks in each category, and they get extremely repetitive while you're trying to build and decorate a house.

Besides that, I'd say I really love the game, it's fantastic. With EPs it can only be made better, by opening the rabbit-holes and giving more traits, interactions, objects, hairs...

Gotta say, my favourite feature has to be create-a-style, it's fantastic! Any colour on near enough any thing! No longer do you have to decorate a room around the awkward objects that didn't have many colour choices in Sims 2. Yellow room? Why not have yellow curtains, a yellow TV, yellow computer desk... Possibilities are endless, and I'd have bought the game just for CAST.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gotchan
I thought we had determined eight-year-olds don't play the game, they just review it.

I SERIOUSLY laughed out loud at this one!

Quote: Originally posted by gotchan
Hang on. Let me scan that again.

Wow! You actually used "positive people" and "Pescado" in the same reply.

OMG, you are killing me! Do you hire out for parties?

Oh, btw (and to keep on topic so I don't get deleted) I'm glad to see this thread too. I'm loving it - the flaws don't keep me up at night like they seem to do some folks. It's a game - a GOOD game - and I'm enjoying it thoroughly!
Test Subject
#20 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:12 PM
I love The Sims 3 as a player who was never able to get into TS2 for long periods of time due to the utterly brutal loading screen time... this is an incredible game, for me. What used to be a sort-of-want game in TS2 has been utterly supplanted by a total addiction.
The Sim Attributes changing what actions you have is incredible - my self-sim acts so much closer to myself in actions than the sliders ever made possible... moodlets are great... and I feel like it's just a better foundation to start with than TS2 was.

Still can't wait to see what modders will do with it - and I must say, I hate the fact that my sims will only play racing/sports games on the laptop! No complaints jump to mind at the moment otherwise - I know I have more, but they're small, niggling ones.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:23 PM
Yay! More Sims 3 love! Seriously, it's good to see a positive thread for once. All the hating was getting pretty dull. :D
Scholar
#22 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 2:41 PM
Can't wait to get it! It looks awesome.
I was getting sick of all the negativity as well - I can understand it when people put their opinions up, I don't expect everyone to fart rainbows and butterflies about it, but seriously, repition much!?

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Test Subject
#23 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cavilez
THANK YOU! I just posted a rant on my LJ about how everyone is negative about the game. I basically said, "If you don't like it then throw it away or return it and STFU about it already."

For me, as an actual Sims 3 player(not just a dumb ass reviewer who never play the game) and tbh, im a big fan of the Sims series. And you know why we rant about Sims 3 so much? It's because we love it, we love The Sims Series, our expectation is so damn high. EA promise us many good things about Sims 3 but then turns out it was a disappointment. It almost like we've been betrayed all along. And we just couldn't throw it away so easily because we love our game.

Please remember, because our expectation is so high and we truly love The Sims Series, we want to see our love series live up to the expectation. That's why we rant.
Test Subject
#24 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by x-tashi-x
I just wish people would stop thinking that it's going to be The Sims 2 with a seamless hood. It's not. It's not going to be The Sims 2 but improved. It's a whole new game.

Sigh. I think that's why people are so upset about it, though. They didn't want a new game, they wanted to play the game they loved but better, with new additions - certainly not sacrificing some of the more important aspects of the game like controling multiple households at once.

I, too, love the game, and am kind of sick of all the negitivity. But then I load up the game, and I'm reminded of why the negativity exists and it's kind of like... oh, yeah, that does suck.

I do think a ton of people are jumping the gun so early, though. In time, with the rights mods and cc, this game can be bar none.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 4:56 PM
I really like the Sims 3. I think that people really need to remember that it's NOT another Sims 2 expansion - it's designed to be a different game entirely. I'm enjoying it because now I can have lots and lots of children without having to worry about needing to play sixty different households to keep the game in synch.
Page 1 of 2