Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Backwater Road Series" - Haywood Barn

by feldynn Posted 7th Jun 2009 at 5:45 AM

7 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 5:58 AM
Very interesting. How did you put different angles on the roofs? Last I heard (in a discussion in the forum), different angles weren't possible in Sims 3. In any case, nice work figuring out how to do it.
Instructor
#3 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 8:07 AM
wow this is great thanx :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hidden Force
Very interesting. How did you put different angles on the roofs? Last I heard (in a discussion in the forum), different angles weren't possible in Sims 3. In any case, nice work figuring out how to do it.

Technically it's not possible to have multiple angle roof sections and adjust them all seperately, the roof angle is a global change so it resets any odd angles if you move the slider once you've got them set up. It's a little hard for me to explain too so bear with me, it's a trick I picked up from TS2 building incase that helps.

Using this house as an example I started out by roofing the whole place with the roof styles I wanted, then I adjusted the angle until the left side roof was steep enough.

Once that angle was right I removed / deleted the left roof section (i.e. the one(s) with the correct slope angle) then set the angle for the rest of the roof, after that's done I just hit the "undo" button. It replaced the deleted portion of roof including it's steeper slope angle, but doesn't reset / change the rest of the roof angle.

It takes a bit of playing with especially for bigger roofing projects since you have to delete "correct" sections then adjust other sections before "undoing" the deletes, since deleting things that are right kinda goes against the grain when you're trying to create hehe
Instructor
#5 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:37 PM
Great! Thank you

^_^
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 8:08 PM
Neat! Thanks for the explanation. I'll have to try it out. :D
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:07 PM
Another good one, I love these cabin type homes. Perfect for my play style, thanks and keep it up. More!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 14th Sep 2023 at 11:33 PM
Thank you