Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:25 PM
Sims 3 - My Opinion on it
After quite some time playing and analyzing the game i've come to some conclusions.

In my opinion Sims 3 is nothing more then what should've been a Sims 2 EP.
These are based solely on my opinions, its not to say i've played it and it sucks, but more or less let people know what is truth.

The Negatives:
1. There are no colleges, no seasons, no pets and the business end of the game is pure garbage. So, wonder how EA will keep making money off of you? They will release the exact same ep's they did for Sims 2 and gladly let you waste more money when they should've included all of these things in Sims 3.

2. Speed of game - enough said...

3. Whats the point in having a driveway if the sim just goes to the front of the yard, clicks his alarm, and off he goes. And cars can be kept in the inventory so the driveway is useless.

4. 80% of the items are the exact same from Sims 2. In fact, where are all the other great items that came with Sims 2 base game? pool table for example.

5. The look of the sims.

6. Same old story, birth, work, death

The Positives:
1. Yes it is fun to freely roam the city.

2. More features, moods, traits are a good addition.

3. Some new, but very little interactions.

4. Graphics are a little bit better, but nothing to high 5 over.

5. The extra challenges are fun, but get repetitive.

Theres a lot more I could chat about, but this is whats most fresh in my mind.

I suggest not purchasing it. EA doesn't deserve more money when they change minor details and pretty much all they did was change the name from 2 to 3.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:28 PM
The pool table in TS2 came with University.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:38 PM
This isn't "the truth". It's "your opinion". Are implying that other's people's opinions of the game that differs from yours are lies?

I am a sweet, fluffy bunny. I live in a golden meadow surrounded by unicorns and butterflies. I have 10 nice points.

Better?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:38 PM
I actually like the way the sims look and I like the slider extending mods you can add to the game. I have had a problem with the time but it wasn't a breaker for me and I really love the personality varieties your sims can have. I think people are being quick to judge it and if you really hate it stop complaining about it it and go play sims 2. There's about a hundred of these hate threads on here already.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:39 PM
Remember EAxis is a business, it wouldn't have been economically viable to put all those feature in the base game and Sims is a life simulator, aren't birth, work and death the basics of life?
Banned
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annalisa
This isn't "the truth". It's "your opinion". Are implying that other's people's opinions of the game that differs from yours are lies?

I hate replies like this.

It is truths about the game and my opinion about these truths.

So oh well, sorry I didn't word it to your specific pleasure. *sighs*
Banned
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emimori
I actually like the way the sims look and I like the slider extending mods you can add to the game. I have had a problem with the time but it wasn't a breaker for me and I really love the personality varieties your sims can have. I think people are being quick to judge it and if you really hate it stop complaining about it it and go play sims 2. There's about a hundred of these hate threads on here already.

Well my main point to make that no one else seems to be talking about is how EA is ripping everyone off.

How many ep's were there for Sims 2?
There will be the same amount for Sims 3, at what? $30 each again?

Thats why i'm glad I didn't purchase it!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims3isajoke

The Negatives:
1. There are no colleges, no seasons, no pets and the business end of the game is pure garbage. So, wonder how EA will keep making money off of you? They will release the exact same ep's they did for Sims 2 and gladly let you waste more money when they should've included all of these things in Sims 3.

Just my humble opinion, but it's a base game. I would have never, ever expected EA to put all of those features into the base game. Just from what I've played (not really a whole lot of playtime yet, I need to get my own copy still ) it's a pretty decent start. I would have much rather paid the reasonable $50-$75 for the base game and gotten it now, than wait for probably another year to get all 8 TS2 EP's in a surely memory-devouring volume that would be an explosion to my wallet.

Just call me Sam :]
Banned
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kitkat3195
Remember EAxis is a business, it wouldn't have been economically viable to put all those feature in the base game and Sims is a life simulator, aren't birth, work and death the basics of life?

Why is it not viable? You actually want to buy 10 more ep's?

And yes those are the facts of life, but as a game shouldn't it be more entertaining then watching sims sleep or work?
Banned
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sammxo2010
Just my humble opinion, but it's a base game. I would have never, ever expected EA to put all of those features into the base game. Just from what I've played (not really a whole lot of playtime yet, I need to get my own copy still ) it's a pretty decent start. I would have much rather paid the reasonable $50-$75 for the base game and gotten it now, than wait for probably another year to get all 8 TS2 EP's in a surely memory-devouring volume that would be an explosion to my wallet.

Again, the game is already 6 gigs in size, what would it hurt to include all the ep's in one even if the gig size was 20? I would have no problem installing off 6 discs as long as it includes everything. After you purchase all the ep's again, your gonna take up the same amount space as it is.

I'd rather do it in one shot.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:48 PM
EAs not ripping you off that's how they did it for sims 1 and 2 and you didn't say they ripped you off then did you? There's other games that have expansion packs that you have to pay for they aren't ripping you off are they? You're paying them to add onto the game ye, they need money to do that and they need money to pay people to patch the game. If they put everything in the first game comming out the install time would be terrible and you couldn't run it on your computer.
Banned
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emimori
EAs not ripping you off that's how they did it for sims 1 and 2 and you didn't say they ripped you off then did you? There's other games that have expansion packs that you have to pay for they aren't ripping you off are they? You're paying them to add onto the game ye, they need money to do that and they need money to pay people to patch the game. If they put everything in the first game comming out the install time would be terrible and you couldn't run it on your computer.

Heck no they never ripped me off cause after sims 1 I never purchased from them again. But for everyone else, hmmm, lets use our brain.

Sims 2 $50
ESTIMATE cause I forgot how many ep's, but if we said 10
10 x $30 = $300

So your ok spending $350 on a video game? *sighs*

Its just like the music industry, illegal downloads didn't hurt artists at all, they are still driving hummers and living in mansions.

Why should I pay someone to add on to a project when I expected the project to be completed in full in the first place?

*common sense*

I've never had issues with any game installed running on any computer i've ever owned. So including everything in the 1st base of the game wouldn't affect me at all.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:54 PM
Well, it would take the same amount of time to add all of the expansions to the base game making it cost much more money making it the same as buying individual expansion packs. Just stop complaining you even made a screen name to complain about it with don't you have better things to do?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:56 PM
At least he didn't bitch about DRM... yet.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims3isajoke
Again, the game is already 6 gigs in size, what would it hurt to include all the ep's in one even if the gig size was 20? I would have no problem installing off 6 discs as long as it includes everything. After you purchase all the ep's again, your gonna take up the same amount space as it is.

I'd rather do it in one shot.

The base game is rather large in size, but if you upped it to 20 at the first shot, it would already be a monster on your computer, leaving barely any room left for any new EPs. Plus, how would people get to choose which TS2 EP features they would want in their TS3 game? For example, I absolutely hated the idea of OFB and Bon Voyage, so they would be a completely useless waste of memory on my computer. I'd rather (this will be shocking) have EA remake some of those EPs and mesh them together with any new ideas they have, instead of having them all in one base game. This way, I (and other picky EP buyers too :D) can choose which features I want and buy the corresponding EPs. I'll be saving money and I'll be completely happy with the game, instead of having features that I see are completely useless getting in the way.

Just call me Sam :]
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheShady
At least he didn't bitch about DRM... yet.

lol...yet
Field Researcher
#17 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:58 PM
Negatives:
1. Of those listed, I only have the EP for colleges. Some people have none of those EP's. When you buy the EP's you know that the EP and it's content is ONLY guaranteed for the Sims version that it says. So, you buy EP's that give you colleges, seasons, pets, and a different form of businesses and you know that you are only buying them for the Sims 2. By making the Sims 3 they aren't taking away your EP's, you can still use them in the Sims 2, nor are they forcing you to buy them for the Sims 3. It's what you have to consider before buying the EP's in the first place. Not a negative, you get what you pay for and shouldn't expect more.

2. Opinion not truth, and I'm sure some people are fine with it. Hopefully there will be a way to make it faster in the future. Not necessarily a negative.

3. I semi agree, some people may not even bother with a drive way though. Hopefully this will be fixed?

4. Is the 80% fact or an estimate? Also, you can color the furniture in many different ways which wasn't available in the Sims 2. So what if they include similar items? Perhaps people like those items and are glad they are still there.. or perhaps people didn't even have the Sims 2? Not necessarily a negative.

5. Opinion.

6. Opinion, only if you choose to play that way.

Positives:
1. Opinion

2. Yep

3. Yep, I guess? I don't have the game so I can't really say if it's true.

4. I guess? Kinda an opinion..

5. Opinion

So yeah, don't say something's the truth when you mean it's your opinion xD
Mad Poster
#18 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 11:01 PM
1.Since when any base sims 2 game had any pets, college, downtown and such? it all came with eps.
2. Speed- a lag hopufully to get fixed with a patch.

4. Well what do you want? Graphics can only improve this much. Unlike sims2 which was a huge boom( Different graphics, more realistic) Sims 3 can only improve so much.
5. What about it? Please specify your truth about them.
6. Well yeah. It is a...technically little people in the game. How does real life work? Birth, love, kids, death. Same thing.

I skipped three because I have no comments to that,
Forum Resident
#19 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 11:15 PM
Told ya it is The Sims 2.5 :D

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 11:25 PM
I think your username says it all really.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 11:29 PM
So you have never played anything but The Sims and you come on here, a forum specifically dedicated to talking about The Sims 3, to bash Sims 3? You specifically made a username for this and have only posted in this thread and made extremely negative remarks, even in your so-called "positives."

Mhm.
I'm thinking fail troll is fail.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 11:33 PM
No one is making you buy the EPs.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ArabellaDTerroroftheSeas
So you have never played anything but The Sims and you come on here, a forum specifically dedicated to talking about The Sims 3, to bash Sims 3? You specifically made a username for this and have only posted in this thread and made extremely negative remarks, even in your so-called "positives."

Mhm.

lol I'm thinking you're awesome
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 11:42 PM
This person says he's never paid another dime for a Sims game since TS1.

Which leads me to believe that this person has probably "acquired" his games in a manner which many consider illegal.

In this case, then...the OP is probably running his/her "acquired" version of the game. And if that is so, Oh Wise OP....you have no standing in this matter, since it is not *your* almighty dollar/pound/yen/euro which is supporting EA, now is it?

I have bought every EP & SP for The Sims 2, and am fixing to give half of them away to a person who can't afford to buy the EP's. I will probably still be getting *some* mileage out of TS2 eventually...that's the beauty of owning the games.

And I may end up uninstalling the Sims 3 eventually as well...but frankly, there is no truth in your statements at all...it's mostly opinion.

And you can't even claim buyer's remorse at that. Hypocrite.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ArabellaDTerroroftheSeas

Mhm.

Your awesome... you took the word right out of my mouth...

I didn't like it at first really but the more i played the more hooked i got on it and i love it
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: Stupid thread is stupid.
Page 1 of 3