Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#51 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 7:52 AM
Thats why sites like have back-up cd fixes in case you lose your game. Legit sites with legit back-up files that have been around way before Sims 2. And yes, here where I live you can borrow pc games from the libraries.

Example from one library of some of the sims games they have: http://catalog.mentorpl.org/search~...game%26SORT%3DD

I've been playing Sims 3 since the day it came out. Price of the game doesn't need to increase seeing is that I believe they have all the ep's done when they release the base game. I doubt anyone is going to lose any money from EA.

Arab - u called me a troll first, only fair I fire back. You Goblin.

So what if I only made one post? Does it hurt your feelings that bad? I browsed over the forums and found nothing I wanted to reply on or thread on. Does that hurt your feelings too? That I don't have 20,000 posts? *aww shucks*
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 8:10 AM
Then it is illegal. Borrowing the game, loading it to your computer, giving it back and downloading something that makes it so you don't have to use a disc is basically the same as downloading it illegally but with more steps.
Price of the base game would have to increase if they released the EPs with the base game or they'd lose money. Why would they sell it for $50 and include all the EPs when they can sell the EPs separately and make $300+? Also, you believe that they have all the EPs done already.. that doesn't make it the truth. I doubt they do.
The One and Only
#53 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 8:49 AM
I know they don't.

The main logic behind this is that Visceral Games (the developer of The Sims 3, formally EA Redwood Shores) simply doesn't have the resources necessary to develop The Sims 3 base game and every single expansion to it AT THE SAME TIME. If they had, then they wouldn't have been expansion anyways. They would have just been the base game.

The Sims is not the only game that Visceral Games works on. They're also developing Dead Space: Extraction for the Wii and Dante's Inferno.

It sounds to me like sims3isajoke doesn't understand how game development logistics works. Making content requires time, money, and manpower. Unless Visceral Games can make all three come out of nowhere, what sims3isajoke is suggesting simply isn't possible.

(EDIT)

And yes, I know that The Sims 3 isn't on Visceral Games' website , but if you look at the credits in TS3 it quite clearly says EARS, which is EA Redwood Shores and EARS was renamed Visceral Games shortly after TS3 went gold.

The reason TS3 isn't on their website it because it doesn't fit the theme of the games they're currently working on.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#54 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 10:49 AM
sims3isajoke, You've stated your opinion, people disagree with it. Not everybody agrees with you and not everybody has the same problems.

Oh and don't tell me to "go play outside" becuase then you'll get your thread locked for you being stupid.

Thread locked.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: Stupid thread is stupid.
Page 3 of 3