Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#51 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 3:24 AM
There are also Putrid and Foul quality.

I don't know which one is worse.

And once you complete the Omni quest, you can order Omni seeds by clicking the mailbox.

So I personally think (this may be wrong) that Omni seeds can't be picked up.

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
Advertisement
Inventor
#52 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KKai
There are also Putrid and Foul quality.

I don't know which one is worse.

<snip>

I was going to add that

There's also horrifying.
I got some horrifying garlic seeds from an opportunity and decided to see how long it would take to grow them perfectly. The plant grew horryfying crops. The second generation yielded foul and putrid plants, one plant I fertilized, the other not, can't say right now which was which.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:52 PM
I'll add that to the range of quality, and if anything is incorrect just let me know.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icu2richelo
I'll add that to the range of quality, and if anything is incorrect just let me know.

I think you can tell the different levels by the price they sell for most the time, I say most because I did have a normal veg sell for a little more then the rest, not sure why.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 9:05 PM Last edited by EmilyJud : 18th Jun 2009 at 6:57 PM. Reason: sorry made a mistake
I didn't read all the posts so if somebody already said this then sorry:P

My sim got a deathflower after his wife died of old age. He got everything in her inventory and a deathflower just kind of appeared there. It kind of freaked me out at first.

Edit
Never mind. It turned out that one of the seeds he found was a death plant thing and he just harvested it. Oops :P
Test Subject
#56 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 10:03 PM
I could use some help with an opportunity I received under the culinary career, the sim received it at level 10 of the career not sure if it's available earlier.

It said that the chef had some recipe that required bad apples. A bad apple tree seed was put in the sims inventory. It is a time limited event and wanted 10 bad apples.

My problem is I can't seem to grow any bad apples. I've had the opportunity appear twice and both times I plant the bad quality seed a normal quality plant is grown. I even tried a sim with a low gardening level. How can this opportunity be successful is there a way to lower a plants quality?

The only reward stated in the game text was job performance so it's not the end of the world if I can't complete it, but it is still frustrating.

Remember that happiness is a way of travel - not a destination
Field Researcher
#57 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mighty__Gazelle
I could use some help with an opportunity I received under the culinary career, the sim received it at level 10 of the career not sure if it's available earlier.

It said that the chef had some recipe that required bad apples. A bad apple tree seed was put in the sims inventory. It is a time limited event and wanted 10 bad apples.

My problem is I can't seem to grow any bad apples. I've had the opportunity appear twice and both times I plant the bad quality seed a normal quality plant is grown. I even tried a sim with a low gardening level. How can this opportunity be successful is there a way to lower a plants quality?

The only reward stated in the game text was job performance so it's not the end of the world if I can't complete it, but it is still frustrating.

Maby you could try growing other plants badly, figer out how before you start the challange. let the plants wilt or dont weed them.
also I thought I read some where that food will go bad if you leave them in your inventory to long.
If you could find a way to grow bad food (or worse) maby you could use the rotten food to fertilize your plant.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mighty__Gazelle

I suggest leaving a Minnow that you bought from the grocery store (since this will have "Normal" quality) outside until it goes down in quality. Things that are not kept in the refrigerator tend to perish quickly so it shouldn't be long before you have a bad minnow. then fertilize your normal apple tree with it. That's just my guess, though.
Alchemist
#59 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 1:29 AM
Fertilizing the tree will just make it better off.

Grow or buy the amount of apples you need, and just let them sit outside the inventory til they rot. When you initially plant them, don't take much care of them. Keep them alive, but that's it.

I assume the apples rot as swiftly as other foodstuffs when ignored...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#60 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz

Yeah... Wow I can't believe I missed that connection. Lol
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 4:40 PM
Here is some good information on fertilizer for gardening.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Gardenin...s_3)#Fertilizer

According to this, best fertilizer is Life fruit. Garlic and Lobster are good fertilizer and easy to get from grocery store .
Test Subject
#62 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 12:30 AM
Default Moving garden to new house?
Is it possible to move your garden to a new house? Im hoping it will automatically go into your family inventory, since I cant put the plants there manually.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#63 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chinaski
Is it possible to move your garden to a new house? Im hoping it will automatically go into your family inventory, since I cant put the plants there manually.

From what I know, you can't bring your garden with you. I've had a big issue with this. Especially since I have a sim that I started in a tiny, tiny lot that I want to move into a larger lot, but he has a perfect garden. You can't seem to pick them up and put them in your inventory. I don't think it can be put in the Family Inventory, either...
Inventor
#64 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 3:27 AM
From what I know, you can't bring your garden with you. I've had a big issue with this. Especially since I have a sim that I started in a tiny, tiny lot that I want to move into a larger lot, but he has a perfect garden. You can't seem to pick them up and put them in your inventory. I don't think it can be put in the Family Inventory, either...

What you can do though, is to keep 1 of each plant's harvest in your inventory and then just use that to create your new garden at your new house.
Instructor
#65 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegenjutsu
What you can do though, is to keep 1 of each plant's harvest in your inventory and then just use that to create your new garden at your new house.

Why not bulldoze everything but the garden. Then move the small lot to a big lot. That way all your plants are right there waiting for you. Easy peasy.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 6:02 AM
how can you talk to the plants? my sim has max gardening skill and has the green thumb award thing you can buy with points.
Test Subject
#67 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 6:53 AM

Yes, exactly my quandary. You cant put them in the family inventory either
Test Subject
#68 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegenjutsu

I dont care so much about the common to rare plants, since I can replant all those with my harvests, like you've said. Its the money tree, life tree, etc - ones you cant get a re-plantable harvest from. Damn you EA!
Test Subject
#69 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 6:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alyria80
Why not bulldoze everything but the garden. Then move the small lot to a big lot. That way all your plants are right there waiting for you. Easy peasy.

Pretty smart idea. However, once I do that, I dont think I would be able to place a custom house in the new larger lot without bulldozing it clean. Ill give it a shot. Thanks for your help
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 6:36 AM Last edited by frito : 21st Jun 2009 at 8:04 AM.
how much do you have to feed the omni plant to get it to bear fruit?
Inventor
#71 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 9:20 AM
I dont care so much about the common to rare plants, since I can replant all those with my harvests, like you've said. Its the money tree, life tree, etc - ones you cant get a re-plantable harvest from. Damn you EA!

My sim just replanted one of the harvests from his life plant. The only one you can't replant is the money tree. But my sim really doesn't need to do that, since I discovered that the more different things you plant, the more special seeds you find in the town. At the graveyard, the special seeds I had taken from there before, came back and I was able to get more. Also, money trees in your garden will leave seeds on the ground, sometimes. What you can do also, is after you move to your new home, your old home's garden will still be there and you can harvest from it and take it back to your new garden and plant them. I have most of my plants at perfect now, including the life plant, flame fruit, death flowers and one of the money trees.

Quote: Originally posted by frito
how can you talk to the plants? my sim has max gardening skill and has the green thumb award thing you can buy with points.

You have to also have your sim have the green thumb trait. Having level 10 gardening, green thumb trait and the super green thumb reward, will mean that you can get a perfect garden faster and it won't require fertilizing as often. You can also be able to revive death flowers more easily. Sometimes I can get two out of two plants to revive and sometimes only 1 will but I haven't gotten the same death flower plant to revive twice in a row. What I did with the latest sim I created was to give him the traits of green thumb, angler, natural cook, handy and loves outdoors. He's been able to make perfect ambrosia every time and he can make nearly every meal he creates to be perfect and if not perfect (because of quality of some of the fish) then at least the next quality after perfect.
Instructor
#72 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz

Grow or buy the amount of apples you need, and just let them sit outside the inventory til they rot. When you initially plant them, don't take much care of them. Keep them alive, but that's it.

I assume the apples rot as swiftly as other foodstuffs when ignored...

Food ingredients never go bad.

Pretty smart idea. However, once I do that, I dont think I would be able to place a custom house in the new larger lot without bulldozing it clean. Ill give it a shot. Thanks for your help

Oh, I didn't realize you wanted to use a pre-made house. I thought you wanted to build a house on a bigger lot. Yeah, my idea won't work.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 5:17 AM
does anyone know what the omni plant grows? i fed it onions and harvested onions off of it. does it grow what you feed it?
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 6:38 AM
Can child sims garden? Mine seam unable to, they even unable to read gardening books. They can watch the garden chanel on tellie but they dont seam to gain skill from it?

~Hold tenderly that which you cherish~
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 3:01 PM
they cant garden til like either teen or young adult.
Page 3 of 5