Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Backwater Road Series" - Swampwood Manor

by feldynn Posted 9th Jun 2009 at 1:46 AM

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 7:38 AM
Thanks for the Backwater Road Series. They're really great
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 12:21 PM
Default help
Quote: Originally posted by Sundrops
Thanks for the Backwater Road Series. They're really great

hey there.. maybe you can help me.. i cant download anything, there always pop up a site that says "No cookies found!"
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 4:01 PM
That bridge at the front looks really fab! How did you manage that one?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Smokin_Dice
hey there.. maybe you can help me.. i cant download anything, there always pop up a site that says "No cookies found!"

Smokin_Dice - Is it just this item you can't download, or do you get the same message for others too? Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is it might be your web browser settings, if you use IE then it might be worth checking your Privacy settings in Tools -> Internet Options to make sure it's accepting cookies.

Quote: Originally posted by Tipscout
That bridge at the front looks really fab! How did you manage that one?

Tipscout - it's an old trick from TS2 , it's kind of hard to explain in a short reply here (there should be a tutorial somewhere in the Build forums though) but I'll try. Basically I laid the deck with stairs at each end then a few squares away parallel to the bridge I raised the land in 3 spots and built guide foundation pillars. 1 high pillar in line with the center of the bridge and a lower pillars either side about halfway between the center and each set of stairs

Then you press Ctrl+Shift+C for cheat menu and type "ConstrainFloorElevation false" (without the quotes), then use the Level Terrain tool starting at the lowest guide pillars and drag across the bridge starting with the lower pillars then the higher one. Each height increase should angle the tiles around it so if you start low and finish high it ends up with a flat spot on the top and angle tiles either side going down to the stairs. It takes a bit of practice to balance out the height increases to make it smooth and even looking.

I'll try and find a tutorial and link it here .
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 7:16 PM
I found this .. Simple Arched Bridges .. it's not quite how I did it, but it's basically the same principles .
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 8:56 PM
Smokin Dice, that happened to me before. My settings were fine, I just logged out of MTS and logged back in and the problem hasn't happened again...yet. At least it worked for me. Another great home feldyn. All of my created sims are living in your backwater series homes (my annoying brother got the barn...hehehe). Keep up the great work. And Smokin Dice, hope loggin out and in again will work for you.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by feldynn
I found this .. Simple Arched Bridges .. it's not quite how I did it, but it's basically the same principles .

Perhaps you could make a tutorial. Would love to see your technique. I'll try to attempt that tutorial. I can tell it may be a lot of fidgeting to get it down.

Awesome and thanks for your hard work. Labor of love.
Test Subject
#9 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 2:15 PM
Thanks for that. I might have a go on one of my houses that currently has a flat bridge in front of it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 5:24 PM
I mashed together a quick tutorial for how I created that short arched bridge and loaded it to the Sims 3 website. Follow this link..

How To: Create a short arched bridge

(Link to the official Sims 3 website, provided by EA)
Field Researcher
#11 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 5:59 PM
This is really nice. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by feldynn
I mashed together a quick tutorial for how I created that short arched bridge and loaded it to the Sims 3 website. Follow this link..

How To: Create a short arched bridge

(Link to the official Sims 3 website, provided by EA)

Tutorial has been favorited. That's so much less complicated ;D I guess your page is private, if you like, you may add me to your friends there. I haven't really posted any TS3 stuff I made here yet. Not sure they're good enough and I keep switching projects.

GillianIvy
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 15th Sep 2023 at 1:30 AM
Thank you