Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

LotR: Bilbo Baggin's Hobbit Home - Bag End (v1.2)

by Yogi-Tea Posted 20th Jun 2009 at 5:15 PM

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 5:44 PM
Wow it's cool. I'm a huge Tolkien fan so I'll surely place this in my neighborhood!

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift, that is why
We call it the Present.
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 5:44 PM
WOW, very nice! Thanks for sharing
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 6:24 PM
another good job :-)
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 7:04 PM
I'm glad you guys like it. With Sims 3 it's now so easy to let gardens look quite real and I enjoyed this part of making this lot most.

I wish it was possible to let it more look like a hobbit home - inside a hill and with rounded doors and windows. Should those options be available in future I'll update my hobbit houses to let them more look like in the movies.

As for the placement of those parcels: I'm not sure how streets and parcels are named in the english version of the game (I play with a german version), but in my game the place for Sam's Cottage is called: "Adlerhorst-Ausguck 2400" and it's located in the north of Sunset Valley, below the "Adlerhorst-Teich" - in this street are 7 free parcels. I planned to build there another Hobbiton in my game and the little "Adlerhorst-Teich" will be my Hobbiton Festivalground in future.

I'll try to put some more hobbit homes up here, however, those I uploaded to the Exchange are only first versions and not all of them are good enough to be uploaded here (in my opinion) - good example is Gollum's House, which I'm not satisfied with how it looked at the end. I'll rebuild it and upload the new version here asap.

Thanks for your lovely feedback! :-)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 7:42 PM
Wow this is fantastic! The inside is brilliantly laid out, I love it. Thanks a million Yogi!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 8:22 PM
This is a really cool looking little house, I especailly love the way you used the dome roofs here it's brilliant! Great job Yogi!
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 10:27 PM
I LOVE this!
Test Subject
#9 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 10:39 PM
... I really like Yogi Tea the brand.....

Sleepie was here
Forum Resident
#10 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 12:17 AM
Really cute house, great job!
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 2:16 AM
You did an awesome job, I love it! Thank you so much and keep up the great work!! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 3:16 AM
Brilliant! I'm not planning on playing Hobbits but this is too cute to pass up.
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 3:34 AM
Wirklich gute Arbeit. Respekt!
Für mich als "Herr der Ringe Online"-Spieler natürlich ein Pflicht-Download!
Danke dafür.

Good job. Respect!
As a "Lord of the Rings Online"-Player it's an obligation to download this.
Thanks.
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 6:32 AM
I love it!! I have been toying with a hobbit hole of my own in game! Yours is much better than mine though :-) Great work!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 1:35 PM
Wow thats great. Now we just need Hobbit sims to live in it.
Test Subject
#16 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 4:55 PM
Great job! Thank you very much for uploading this! Its so sweet and cute! I also love the layout and the way you set up the gardens ^^
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 1:15 AM
GREAT! THANKS!!!! Still not tired of LOTR Im a true nerd I suppose!

.....Laughter is Timeless, Imagination Has No Age, and Dreams Are Forever (Disney)
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 5:45 PM
Lord of the Rings!! '=) Great job, man
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 6:26 PM
Wow! This is amazing! The layout of the house flows and not cramped at all. I love how you landscaped the outside with the cobbled texture, the placement of the flowers - SO PRETTY! Ohh and the place you have the garden at is sooo ADORABLE! Great job, Yogi-Tea! Keep going... you're just going to get better. Thank you! :3
Instructor
#20 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 7:08 PM
This house is so adorable and creative but I have to admit that the outside landscaping is my all time favorite. You did a really good job there and for some people, that can be hard to accomplish. I look forward to more of your LOTR hobbit homes.
Inventor
Original Poster
#21 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 6:40 PM
Thanks to everybody for the positive feedback on my upload. I didn't think that so many people would be interested in this house and download it. And I'm amazed how many people are taking the time to leave a comment. Thanks again.

@Chewie1802: Danke schön. (toller Name) :-D
Mad Poster
#22 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 6:42 PM
This is so great!! I can't wait to start a "Hobbiton" in TS3 like I had in TS2! This is a great first home. Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 2:16 PM
I got these months ago and have repeatedly used the little starter. LOVE all of these and look forward to more! Thank you!
Inventor
Original Poster
#24 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suikostar108
I got these months ago and have repeatedly used the little starter. LOVE all of these and look forward to more! Thank you!
I'm very pleased to read that you are enjoying this build so much. It will take a while until I'll be able to upload houses again - I've been busy with creating new build mode stuff and will be on vacation in November. What can I say.... time flies. 24h just aren't enough for one day.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 11th May 2010 at 7:26 PM
Just thought you'd like to know...I'm still using these lots. My self sim used the starter up until last week. I've moved her into Bag End and love it. Thanks again! Glad to hear you're working on more.
Page 1 of 2