Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

same gain for all beds

by nightie Posted 20th Jun 2009 at 9:30 PM

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 11:36 PM
Ahh great, I used various mods that did this for Sims 2 and it's essential IMO... worse in Sims 3, cause I actually like the look of the irnon bed, but my sims keep ditching it for something cozier :/

Would love to see the beds from the store covered... also, in Sims 3, something similar for chairs would be great. Chair comfort level actually matters in Sims 3, since it affects skilling speed, and sims often autoselect your worst chair to read in; there's no way to manually direct them to a chair with a book (I know Awesomemod fixes this, but it also fixes some things I don't want fixed.)
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 11:54 PM
Thank you very much. I don't like the most expensive single bed in the game so this mod will be very useful for me.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 12:17 AM
Thanks for this! I've always thought it was stupid that a person would need less sleep in a more expensive bed.

Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
there's no way to manually direct them to a chair with a book

Put the book in their inventory. Telll them to sit in the desired chair. While they are sitting, access their inventory, and click on the book -- they will read it where they are.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 12:18 AM
i've waited for this, thanks a lot!

the light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
and you have burned so very, very brightly, roy.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 12:46 AM
I know where the packgae file goes but what is the RTFM file and where does it go?
Eminence Grise
#7 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Suzicube
I know where the packgae file goes but what is the RTFM file and where does it go?

RTFM would be a "readme.txt" file with instructions. Doesn't matter where you put it. Same info as in the post here, but if you want to read it, you can open it with notepad (should have a .txt extension, but doesn't )

Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
Put the book in their inventory. Telll them to sit in the desired chair. While they are sitting, access their inventory, and click on the book -- they will read it where they are.

Fair enough, but too much trouble
Field Researcher
#8 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Suzicube

You can put the RTFM file in the same place as the package file if you want. What it is, is a text file that gives info about the package file, the creator, etc. Most of them are created with notepad (.txt extension) & can be opened with it. RTFM is an acronym for "Read The Frickin/Frackin/Fuckin Manual". The F word can be whichever you want it to be.

If you find the RTFM helpful to save for future info & reference, and you like to keep your files neat & in order, it's also helpful to rename it to match up with it's package file. Example:

nightiesamegainforallbeds.package
nightiesamegainforallbeds-rtfm.txt

Hope this helps.

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Field Researcher
#9 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 2:27 AM
Just wanted to add a THANK YOU for this mod! I would also like to request one to cover the beds from the EA Store. Nice job for a "quick & dirty" mod.

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 2:54 AM
As someone who loathes the canopy bed I have to say a heartfelt thanks! So very awesome!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 3:10 AM
good mod! kep up the good work!

Quote:
Call me Jarod , Jad , Jar , Jaro , Rod....
If you r a GUY , why don't you come and join us , the group "JUST FOR GUYS" :D
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 6:17 AM
Thank you so much, I really hated only using the canopy bed too!
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 6:35 AM
omgsh! thanks so much for this! great work!
this saves my sims life ..and wallet might I add! xD
Field Researcher
#14 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 10:29 AM
Thanks for this mod, it’s so materialistic that the more expensive beds should be the most comfortable, my wreck of a beds been with me for years and I’d not swap it.
Again big thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 12:54 PM
this is so useful and needed! thank you so much!
Test Subject
#16 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 1:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
Thanks for this! I've always thought it was stupid that a person would need less sleep in a more expensive bed.

I really like your quote!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#17 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 1:37 PM
Oh, thank you thank you thank you!
Test Subject
#18 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 3:23 PM
This does not work in my game ;-(
Forum Resident
#19 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 3:48 PM
Pathplay, do you have the framework file or Delphy's monkey install tool that will enable custom content and mods to work?
And, did you unzip/unrar the file and then put it in a Package folder in your programs/Electronic Arts/sims 3/mods folder?
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Ahh great, I used various mods that did this for Sims 2 and it's essential IMO... worse in Sims 3, cause I actually like the look of the irnon bed, but my sims keep ditching it for something cozier :/

Would love to see the beds from the store covered... also, in Sims 3, something similar for chairs would be great. Chair comfort level actually matters in Sims 3, since it affects skilling speed, and sims often autoselect your worst chair to read in; there's no way to manually direct them to a chair with a book (I know Awesomemod fixes this, but it also fixes some things I don't want fixed.)

Have you checked Awesomemod since Pes added the configuration tool? You can now pick and choose which 'fixes' to use.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 9:02 PM
Thank you so much for this! It's a bummer having to decorate all the houses the same to get max benefits from the best furniture.
Test Subject
#22 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 3:41 AM
My game crashes with this mod installed
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 5:36 AM
Gee, so needed thank you!
I can't wait for it to be a global setting so that all the store and CC beds will be 'compatible'! I had this for sims 2 and can't live with it. Hated always ending with the most expensive bed on all the lots.

Can you add the store beds?
Test Subject
#24 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 5:55 PM
The beds all seem to stay the same with this installed. When you look at the numbers, in-game the cheap beds still say 5 energy etc. Is it working under the hood, or is this mod broken?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 5:59 PM
Thank god for this. Never saw the need for anything like this in TS2, since I put children and elders in cheap beds to keep them out of commission for awhile, but time is such a commodity across all age groups in TS3 that I just can't afford to have my sim sleep 10 hours in all beds but the most expensive one.

YOU'RE MY HERO
Page 1 of 2