Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims 3 Identity Generator (Updated 8/5/2010)

by 999z Posted 24th Jun 2009 at 10:51 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:19 PM by Nysha

63 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 58 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 11:00 PM
this is very helpful. thank you!
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 11:04 PM
Just to make sure I'm not missing anything, is this just a name generator for naming creations, or is there more to it?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 11:31 PM
Can't wait to try this out, thanks!
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 12:17 AM
It's a name generator, ms_arbez. The website it uses was designed to produce false information for testing customer databases and the like, and is actually very good.
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 12:28 AM
Pretty neat. I had something similar to this for TS2...thanks a lot!

I speak in verses
Prophecies and curses...
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 12:58 AM
HOT-DAMN! Finally some NaMeS! I got sick of Jacks, Johns and Jeffersons! Thank you! Danke schon! Mersi! Multumesc! Thank you so very much!

Sold my Soul for Rock 'n' Roll
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 2:06 AM
this won't happen to work on a mac will it?
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 2:20 AM
wait a sec. im confused. wat does it do?
Test Subject
#10 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 2:21 AM
Very unique, awesome thanks!

~Shadogate

Falcon PAWNCH!!!
Instructor
#11 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 2:30 AM
This is name generator. Thanks, there's many names, but I always forget when it needed, this program is very useful.

I thought it was a ID generator to add mesh. :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bexyrexy
this won't happen to work on a mac will it?

In theory, if you use Mono on Mac or Linux it should work fine. Try Mono (http://mono-project.com/Main_Page) out on your Mac and see if it works for you.
Test Subject
#13 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 6:53 AM
So, this is basically used to name your sims that you create, right?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zilzilii
So, this is basically used to name your sims that you create, right?

Yeah, and if you dont know what occupation they could have there are some ideas that are generated
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 11:41 AM
LOL Thanks for this!!! ^_^; seriously I will be using this quite often.... >.> Good bye "John Sims, Jane Sims, Mister Sims" and "John poor, Jane rich Mr. Klepto and Mrs Pyro" lol!!!!!

^_~ Now my sims can have real names despite my being horribly un-creative!
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 12:44 PM
Thanks, very useful. But I'll have to wait them to add my country/language =]
Scholar
#17 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 1:30 PM
I'm with some of the others and have no clue what this is used for. Does it generate names for the sims already in the game or is it just a generator to pick names for your sims when you make them from outside the game? I don't have problems with picking names but I suppose some do. If it changes the names of the sims in the game then that's different.

Would be good to have a little clarity if you have the time please.
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 2:50 PM
fluttereyes, this is simply a name generator for those of us who have no brains for names. xD It just gives you a random name, and maybe what that Sim could do as a job. You choose the gender, race, and nationality to determine a good name for them.

It doesn't change the name of Sims in the game, but just gives you ideas of what you could name your sims.
Theorist
#19 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 3:19 PM
PEOPLE LISTEN:
It creates random names for you.

I create awful names! All my female names end in A. Emilia, Andrea, Paula.
I get really confused with making new names, so this is great

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 4:27 PM
Test Subject
#21 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 4:41 PM
Thanks so much for this! I am terrible at names so this will be very helpful. (mostly for last names)
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 4:54 PM
This is great :-) I hate thinking up last names for my sims. And when doing a sim from a culture I don't know much about finding a suitable name is really hard so this is wonderful :-) Now to go re-name some of my sims. Thank you so much for this
Scholar
#23 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SRose240
fluttereyes, this is simply a name generator for those of us who have no brains for names. xD It just gives you a random name, and maybe what that Sim could do as a job. You choose the gender, race, and nationality to determine a good name for them.

It doesn't change the name of Sims in the game, but just gives you ideas of what you could name your sims.

I thought that's what it was but wasn't sure. Thanks for that. In sims 2 we had a default name changer and I thought this might have done the same job too. It's not like we get to pick so many names now with only being able to play one family Great mod for those who need it
Instructor
#24 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 8:24 PM
Thank you for sharing

^_^
Test Subject
#25 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 8:48 PM
This is such a useful little tool! Character creation is my favorite part of the game and yet I am so bad at thinking of unique names. Thank you!
Page 1 of 3