Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 4:48 PM
Haha, then again, that's pretty much TS3 modding as a whole because everything is still kinda in its infancy.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 4:56 PM
Very true. If anyone wants to give it a try, once you open up a save game it has a list of sims from your game loaded, just use the list on the right to find the sim you want. On the lower screen, a little over half way down you'll see something labeled "mSimDescription" with a + by it to expand it. If you expand that, just before the first item you can expand in that list there's something called "mSimFlags" which should have your sim's age group, gender, species (Currently always Human) and handedness. Click it and deselect one gender then select the other. Save it and the game will treat the sim as the opposite gender for interactions and voice, but will otherwise look the same. Once your done, open your new save game and do the same thing in reverse to switch it back.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 4:58 PM
Yeah, it isn't terribly hard to do stuff like that, but it's also not terribly hard to royally eff things up beyond repair :P

@Tiger
Check the original tool thread, I'm getting a strange error and I posted the details up there.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 6:12 PM
Tell me about it. The first time I tried same sex pregnancy, I also tried getting impatient and setting my sim several days into the pregnancy. Two weeks later she was still running around pregnant, but stopped getting cravings or anything like that, just the occasional backache.
Test Subject
#30 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 10:08 PM
the xml file called male pregnancy contains socials, not code for a male to be preggers. does anyone know anything about how the game codes for gender and pregnancy?
Forum Resident
#31 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 11:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TigerM
Very true. If anyone wants to give it a try, once you open up a save game it has a list of sims from your game loaded, just use the list on the right to find the sim you want. On the lower screen, a little over half way down you'll see something labeled "mSimDescription" with a + by it to expand it. If you expand that, just before the first item you can expand in that list there's something called "mSimFlags" which should have your sim's age group, gender, species (Currently always Human) and handedness. Click it and deselect one gender then select the other. Save it and the game will treat the sim as the opposite gender for interactions and voice, but will otherwise look the same. Once your done, open your new save game and do the same thing in reverse to switch it back.

I tried this using the save game editor and it didn't work. The application crashed, and I got an Amdk8 error as well.
Test Subject
#32 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:40 PM Last edited by simmilk : 1st Jul 2009 at 5:42 PM. Reason: formatting
M/M Pregnancy Work Around

The way I've been able to get the m/m baby-making to work is to use a mod (Awesome) to change the sex of one of my m/m Sims just long enough for them to "try for baby."

After I hear the pregnant music and they get out of bed, I change him back to male and change all his outfits to shirtless/underwear which prevent the floating head thing. (The same mod has a command to open all wardrobe options.)

The sex change to m->f->m randomizes their hair and wardrobe but that can be changed back. Dresser and mirror changes work the 1-2 days between the "try-for-baby" and when you get the message that your Sim is pregnant. If you dresser/mirror during the pregnancy, the game freezes.

Anyway, the whole process is a little clunky but it does work for getting the m/m genes mixed. I hope this helps .. I'm still waiting for a mod that will do this a little more seamlessly though.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
I tried this using the save game editor and it didn't work. The application crashed, and I got an Amdk8 error as well.
Did it give a specific error when it crashed?

The AMDK8 thing wouldn't be directly related to anything the program itself is doing, and I'm afraid I can't help much with it. A quick google search suggested disabling the AMDK8 service may help if that's the same error you're getting.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmilk

Anyway, the whole process is a little clunky but it does work for getting the m/m genes mixed. I hope this helps .. I'm still waiting for a mod that will do this a little more seamlessly though.
That's about the way to do it right now, it's just a matter of pick your poison of which way you want to do the gender change. It's either lose your current appearance by revisiting CAS, or have to load & save twice using an external tool without losing your appearance. Until someone comes out with a specific mod to remove the restriction on try for baby anyway.
Test Subject
#35 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 7:50 PM
I found this today on another site (posted Today at 7:15am)

"I have uploaded Same Sex - Try for Baby - Mod on to modthesims website under game mods...Please be patient it will be there very soon, a few hours I'm advised!" by SnQQpy

I still haven't seen it here yet.
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
#36 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 9:55 PM
InTeen 3 over at sxs2 will also allow same-sex pregnancies.
Forum Resident
#37 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 8:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TigerM
Did it give a specific error when it crashed?

The AMDK8 thing wouldn't be directly related to anything the program itself is doing, and I'm afraid I can't help much with it. A quick google search suggested disabling the AMDK8 service may help if that's the same error you're getting.

I have an AMD processor and disabling this service would stop several necessary programs working. However, I seem to have found the cause of the error. I uninstalled the mod and installed it again and it worked. The result is my gay couple had female twins.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 8:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
I have an AMD processor and disabling this service would stop several necessary programs working. However, I seem to have found the cause of the error. I uninstalled the mod and installed it again and it worked. The result is my gay couple had female twins.
I was just getting my stuff from this post that came up in a search. I've personally not used many AMD processors since the AMD 486 I had a decade and a half ago.

Anyway glad you got it working, that's the important part.
Eminence Grise
#39 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Snaitf
InTeen 3 over at sxs2 will also allow same-sex pregnancies.

So does the teen pregnancy mod here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=348890 . Apparently same-sex pregnancy is a side effect of enabling teen pregnancy. I dunno why the two guys who made those teen pregnancy mods don't advertise this, I'm much more interested in male pregnancy than teen pregnancy.
Test Subject
#40 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
So does the teen pregnancy mod here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=348890 . Apparently same-sex pregnancy is a side effect of enabling teen pregnancy. I dunno why the two guys who made those teen pregnancy mods don't advertise this, I'm much more interested in male pregnancy than teen pregnancy.

i have that one by lost account, but i don't get try for baby options with same sex couples.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#41 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 8:03 PM
Considering there are now 2 same sex mods here on MTS and another on SXS2, I'm going to lock this thread since it's really quite redundant now.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Locked thread
Page 2 of 2