Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Slightly Altered Muscular Male Mesh Mod (SAM4) version 2

by nanashihito Posted 2nd Jul 2009 at 6:55 PM - Updated 18th Jul 2013 at 7:37 PM by nanashihito : Long overdue update.

82 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 66 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:02 PM
Wow,this is great! Who knew there'd be mods like this out so soon?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:27 PM
This is great!!!! There could be a better fitting body for woman, too. Maybe thinner on the waistline.
Thanks so much for sharing ur wonderful job!!!

Please, pay attention to my creator`s policy.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(> <)
This is Jack, the little rabbit; add him to your signature and help him to take over the world!!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:31 PM
finally, it was close to digusting how the original was, even when selecting very skinny...
any idea how it works with other skins?
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:32 PM
Wow this is really neat! Nice job! It would also be cool if there was something like this for women sims to be curvier when adjusting slider.
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:34 PM
Thank you! Thank you!
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:55 PM
Thank Goodness.... I was tired of seeing my sims with No curves. Please tell me that you'll be doing this for females as well....
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 8:11 PM
will it work with HP's TS3 Skins? or will you need to pick and choose?

~Shadogate

Falcon PAWNCH!!!
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 9:21 PM
Do I need to remove HP's tmore textured body defaults before installing this? I love your work it's fantastic, Thank you so much

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
-Aristotle
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 11:19 PM
I'm asking the same question.

Will I need to uninstall HP's skins??
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 11:34 PM
oh wow! this is amazing! I'm going to try it out asap!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 11:36 PM
Kittygobonkers/Miggs1123 - I just tried it in my game using my skins and it looks like if you use only the files that don't have the word "text" in them (that is, textures) then you can use it with my skins. If you prefer these more muscular skins to my body skins, then you can remove just the male body skins of mine from your game.

nanashihito - I LOVE the look of these. Seriously. Currently using just the meshes but even just that change looks -great-. Thank you!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kittygobonkers
Do I need to remove HP's tmore textured body defaults before installing this? I love your work it's fantastic, Thank you so much

They're both overrides that affect the same thing, so you'll need to remove her male skins if you want mine to show up - they can't coexist. There's specific instructions under the "Installation Instructions" tab, and in the readme file, but I'll repost it here so people can see it:

Step 1) Install ONLY the files you want.
I have a readme that lists all the files in the package, but in case you don't want to read it, I'll reiterate it here:

The main zip contains the following package files:
=========================
Mesh files:
amtopnude-burnt-sammmm.package
amtopnude-lod1-sammmm.package
amtopnude-neckpuka-sammmm.package
amtopnude-neckpendant-sammmm.package

These four files are mesh files and will override every instance in the game that the "bare top" mesh appears in the game. They can work independantly of the following texture modifications, so you can use them with Hysterical Paroxysm's skin texture mods without issue.

============================
Default Textures for the mesh:
ambodytext-darksammmm.package
ambodytext-lightsammmm.package
ambodytext-shinesammmm.package

These files pertain to the default texture as shown above.

=========================
A zipped file called musculartextures.zip containing two texture files called:
ambodytext-darkmusc.package
ambodytext-lightmusc.package

If you want to use the "muscular" textures in the picture above, install these files, but do NOT install:
ambodytext-darksammmm.package
ambodytext-lightsammmm.package

However, they share the same Shine map, so DO install
ambodytext-shinesammmm.package
=====================

Another thing you can do is to put this mod in a higher load priority directory!

for example - in your Resource.cfg if you see:

Priority 500
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Mods/Skins/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Mods/Probation/*.package

This means that anything in the Mods/Packages/ folder has priority over anything in the Mods/Skins/ folder! If you wanted to use my textures, you could put her Skin mod in the /Skins/ folder and one of my texture sets into /Packages/.

Thank you very much for trying out my mod!
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 3:07 AM
This is awesome, I never really noticed how bad the cylinder bodies looked until I saw your comparison, you've got a good eye! Thanks for this, I'm sure it took a lot of time and effort.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 4:25 AM
Thanks, you did a wonderful job! =)
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 6:15 AM Last edited by Thaur : 3rd Jul 2009 at 6:34 AM. Reason: added photo link
Awesome work! Now if someone would make some hair to go on this body! Something like this!

Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 7:28 AM
Wow, this is great, the male body look so much better now, even with other default skins. Now we need improved pectorals for the guys, better shaped arms (the biceps look a bit weird) and some rounder butt wouldn't hurt!
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 9:54 AM
Default and now for some hair?
Quote: Originally posted by Thaur
Awesome work! Now if someone would make some hair to go on this body! Something like this!

Have to agree Thaur. Something just like that would be ok... I guess... :P
Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 2:34 PM
Been using them for a few days now, and I reaaally love em! Thank you so much for the great job!
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#20 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 3:19 PM
Cool addition!
I think muscular sim3 should look really muscular and bodies should really differ, can you also make the butt more bubble-like?

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Test Subject
#21 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 3:55 PM
Awesome! Thank you very much for the meshes--they're amazing! ^.^
Field Researcher
#22 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 8:44 PM
These meshes make my men look like, well, MEN! They are wonderful. This download should be featured.
Test Subject
#23 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 9:28 PM Last edited by Inc.Shot : 4th Jul 2009 at 1:59 AM.
can I use your mod with... http://club-crimsyn.dreamwidth.org/2307.html... this ? :S

im not sure since yours is like a mesh mod and thats like a skin replacement... thats not the -same- thing right? ...i think

EDIT:
nevermind, thanks for this great upload!
Test Subject
#24 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 10:21 PM
Thank you so much Nanashihito and HP. Great instructions. Can hardly wait to play test the new shinyness in TS3 YEAHYYYY! Keep up the great work Nanashihito.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
-Aristotle
Test Subject
#25 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 8:15 AM Last edited by TyTiger13 : 4th Jul 2009 at 8:33 AM. Reason: I figured it out
What do I put in for the exaggerated one? Nvm!! Thank you!!
Page 1 of 4