Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
#26 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 5:26 PM
I didn't remove the cache file though.

I've added the debuggerenabler and that seems to be crashing my game. I HAVE NOT put the Resource.cfg or the RTFM in yet, I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

I have placed the "naked" skins that HP had made and the game ran okay with that.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 5:48 PM
Default censored patch
anyone have the original Shaders_Win32.precomp file, i replaced mine and didnt back it up like a noob. now i cant get the patch to work.

Thanks!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#28 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 5:55 PM

Hi HP, I followed the instructions you gave (My game did not have the worldcache folders) and my game runs perfectly. :0) Thanks!

I only had the following things installed (mainly because I am offline at home for the time being)

Delphy's TS3 installer
HP's skins
Leithe_s patterns
Space Pony
#29 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 6:05 PM
For me, the "debugenabler" from here is what is crashing my game.
Test Subject
#30 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 6:24 PM
I noticed that the facial slider hack is mostly responsible for the problems in TS3. The body slider hack still lets TS3 run.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 6:55 PM
I followed the above instructions to the tee and this is what I found:

When I had the facialhack.package installed, my game would load for a few seconds and then crash back to desktop. When I removed facialhack.package, my game would load normally.

Just for safe measures as stated by HystericalParoxysm, I removed the Delphy's Slider hack.

Mods that I found that load fine with the new patch are:

o0linsey0o's Purchaseable Life and Flame Fruit
mxp's Instant Skills and Fast Increment Skill Gain
vahi_master's Super Speedy Skill Books
Rick's No Mosaic
HystericalParoxysm 's Increased Texture Detail & Shine - TS3 Skin Replacements
Field Researcher
#32 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 7:08 PM
Thanks for this! I'm glad I decided to log in and see what others were saying before I proceeded with downloading the software update!
Test Subject
#33 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 7:30 PM
I'm guessing this only works with real retail versions, right?

I'm looking to buy the game (mostly so I don't have to sneak around the download manager all the time, yeesh), but I refuse to pay for something as buggy as this is now, and I can't get the patch to install completely to find out if it's worth it yet. 'Invalid file found' at the very end. Just wondering.
Test Subject
#34 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 7:35 PM
Default no censor give problems with patch
i have the no censor mod, so i did change the original shader32 file with the modified one, and now i can't install the update.
it says that it is a bad file, but i cannot change it anymore
can someone tell me how to fix it or maybe how to download the original file.
i don't have the dvd i have the download version of ea
thanks in advance for your help
Test Subject
#35 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by elenavalentini
i have the no censor mod, so i did change the original shader32 file with the modified one, and now i can't install the update.
it says that it is a bad file, but i cannot change it anymore
can someone tell me how to fix it or maybe how to download the original file.
i don't have the dvd i have the download version of ea
thanks in advance for your help

Did it specify that shader32 was the problem file, or did it just say there was a bad file in general? I'm wondering if that's my problem as well, because I have the same mod and didn't think to switch that file back (since I deleted it )
Test Subject
#36 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 7:44 PM
I downloaded the Slider thing and i keep deleting the CASPartCache.package,
compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package and the simCompositorCache.package but they keep coming back.

So, How do i get rid of the Slider Hack?
Test Subject
#37 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 7:58 PM
Sorry elenavalentini I had that problem too but had to just copy the original file from the disk. It now works fine for me. Did you save a copy somewhere else when you downloaded it or just install it? If you saved a copy of the game the file should be able to be found there. I thought I saw a download for the original floating around somewhere. If I locate where I will let you know.
Test Subject
#38 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mistressgemini
Sorry elenavalentini I had that problem too but had to just copy the original file from the disk. It now works fine for me. Did you save a copy somewhere else when you downloaded it or just install it? If you saved a copy of the game the file should be able to be found there. I thought I saw a download for the original floating around somewhere. If I locate where I will let you know.

it was one of my dumb moments, i didn't make a backup file, i feel so stupid now...
if anyone knows where i can get it i'll be really thankfull
the name of the file is shaders_WIN32.precomp
Test Subject
#39 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 8:14 PM
Test Subject
#40 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 8:24 PM
thank you very much, i found it with google just 5 minutes ago, but i really thank you

i've installed the patch and my game won't start anymore, it doesn't go past the introduction video...
any suggestion?
Test Subject
#41 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 8:27 PM
Ho do i get rid of Rick & Delphy's CAS slider hack? I asked them and i got this section.. I deleted scriptCache.package and the other packs but they just keep coming back..

Help?! >;(
Test Subject
#42 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 9:08 PM
I cut my crap from C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages and pasted it onto my desktop (The folder). Then I installed the patch and pasted the C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages crap back to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages. Apparently all my custom content, (The crap from C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages) isn't working..

*Note* I have all my custom content in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages, except for my houses and stuff from the sims store, everything that I downloaded from modthesims2.com Sims 3 stuff was put into C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages.
Test Subject
#43 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 10:59 PM
Wrong game region
when i try to install the patch, it says i have a wrong game region, please help!
Test Subject
#44 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 11:31 PM
OKAY, after my new thread was deleted twice on this topic (-_-"), I decided to try posting here.

None of my mods worked. I deleted the cach files and now the instant skills hack works and nothing else. I got so pissed off with the game that I uninstalled it and reinstalled. I installed the patch before I installed any mods. All mods are in the correct folder!

Please help. My brain is frying here.
Test Subject
#45 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 11:48 PM
Same thing is happening with me sunshinexdoom
Test Subject
#46 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 12:04 AM
I put back in all my mods and found that the only one causing problems was Rick & Delphy's Facial slider hack. The body one still works fine, for some reason, but the facial one causes my game to crash before the first light ray appears.

I have the longer pregnacy mod, Ghost reaction remover and playerscanhaunt add ins, trait unlock hack, R&D's Body hack, no intro, and buyable fire/life fruit hack. Along with some texture replacements. It seems only the face hack is messing up my game, which stinks, because it makes me afraid to open any of my face hacked characters in fear that they may get reset to a less distorted appearance.
Test Subject
#47 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 12:10 AM
Thanks for the information.
Test Subject
#48 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 1:17 AM
Did you ever know that you're my hero? Thanks for this; you save my game and my sanity!

Vinny Lecavalier, simply the best!
Test Subject
#49 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 2:46 AM
Ahh awsome. my game crashed after the update and all i could think was,great,no more mods.
Thanks! :D
Test Subject
#50 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 3:51 AM
I was also too eager to play and installed the update w/o removing my CC. My game runs fine (after I freaked out and had to use my backup file for my saved family). I'll reinstall my CC, but avoid the slider hacks.

My question is, where do I put the CC? I noticed there is another resource.cfg file (in game data>shared>) and theres also two folders here named packages and nonpackages.

Are these new? Did the update create these? Should I place the mods here or in the old mods folder I created?

I'm on a mac btw.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13

.kasey.
Locked thread
Page 2 of 25