Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Empty Potty

by XLStormyLX Posted 30th Jun 2009 at 12:24 PM - Updated 5th Jul 2009 at 11:46 AM by XLStormyLX : Updates

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 12:36 PM
I'll give this one a go, I'll let you know if I have any problems with it, though I doubt I will.

I do hate the whole palava of potty changing, especially as in this game they go right outside to the bin, instead of flushing it down the pan, it takes ages
Scholar
#3 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 12:43 PM
Thank you! I just aged my baby to toddler and this is a huge help.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 1:27 PM
Welcome back to modding for the happy Sim masses. Thank you. Will definitely try this out.

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 2:26 PM
Couldn’t get to the download button fast enough! This is an absolute must have for me, always was and always will be.

Thanx a million
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 4:20 PM
Thanks for the kind replies. I've added a couple files but if all you want is the empty potty function, you can just keep the one you've downloaded.

One of the people who tested this at Simlogical also wanted to use the 4x training mod by Lostaccount. The mods conflict, so I made a version that has both in it, my function and theirs.

However, Inge showed me how to make my mod compatible with other potty mods that change the same file BUT not the same lines. My other file, the Lite version, is there in hopes other modders will also trim their code, so both their mod, and my mod, can be used without conflict (assuming they change different lines), and avoid the need for modders to have to make multiple versions so people can use both.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 7:25 PM
What a fantastic idea! Genius. Anyone with a "neat" sim and sick of the "disgusted" moodlet always popping up should be hitting that download button asap.

There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.
Sir Francis Bacon (1561 - 1626), "Of Beauty"
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 1:19 AM
What a great mod, and it was extremely thoughtful of you to make a separate file for the x4 fix as well. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:20 AM
Does it work with the x10 version training too?
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 9:05 AM
thanks so much...definitely a must have for my game too!!!
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 12:59 PM
I wasn't going to do mods, but I couldn't play without this in Sims 2.. I am going to cave in and use this.. Hopefully, my game / PC will be as happy as I will be to have it in the game.. lol
Test Subject
#12 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 4:38 PM
It'sgreat! I was going to trigger the age transaction whithout my baby potty trained because I have a 3 floor house and it took me ages to train my children... This is a must!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 8:23 AM
Thanks guys!

Barker279 : No I didn't make a 10x version. Sorry! Someone else is welcome to take my changes and add it to the 10x if they like.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:04 PM
Yeah, you pretty much rock. :-D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 11:17 PM
Ah geez, thanks!
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 9:24 PM
That's what my sister talking about!!! Thank you very much dog.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 10:55 AM
I see quite a few downloads for the Lite version. It was a concept version that I had hoped would enable other modders to make compatible files. Turns out it doesn't work quite as I expected. I'm taking it down. Trimming the mod isn't as simple as it seems. Removing the 'extra' bits from it, like the skill gained amount, actually caused the toddler to be potty trained in one session..... Which, while I know some people like that, was not my intention.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 11:47 AM
Moved this to finished as I haven't had any bug reports.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:17 PM
much appreciated! I can't wait to see how well this works. Does it conflict with the faster potty training at all? I have that one installed.

Favorite EP(s): Seasons, Open for Business and Free Time

Least Favorite: Pets

Neutral: Nightlife & University
Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 4:24 AM
Oh thank BoB. Can't stand the potty empty business.

Dyslexics Untie :P
Test Subject
#21 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 3:36 AM
Thanks--I never used a little potty with my kids so this always seemed unnecessary and a pain in the butt. Thanks
Test Subject
#22 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 7:44 PM
This is great not to have to do this. I do have one problem though. It actually just doesn't allow me to empty it saying no interactions available and there is no puddle if I have the toddler use it over and over again. However, I still get the green smoke stuff and I have to make my toddler use the potty, he won't go on his own anymore. He just sits there and cries until I make him use it. Anyone else have this and is this a bug or something? I'm not sure so I thought I would let you know.
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 6:47 PM
thanks so much
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 8:40 PM
Hi! I appreciate this mod and have enjoyed it in game. However, it seems to not be compatible with WA. Any plans for this to be updated? Just wondering. Thanks!
Test Subject
#25 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 5:16 PM
THANK YOU!!!! Inge's mod was a must have for me as well.
Page 1 of 2