Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Christian Band T-Shirts for Teens

by kookiekween99 Posted 7th Jul 2009 at 5:25 PM - Updated 1st Jul 2010 at 10:03 PM by kookiekween99 : Unsupported Notice

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 6:14 PM
This is awsome. I love these bands!
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 6:15 PM
Awesome! I was looking for something like this! Next kind, Audio Adrenaline! Thank you sooo much!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 6:46 PM
Omg love it! I love Anberlin, Flyleaf and Relient K Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 7:03 PM
Amazing Job! Thank you
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 8:17 PM
Ohhh very nice!!! =D yay! Love these groups! =)
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 9:40 PM
Very nice (I especially like Relient K, Superchick and Thosand Foot Krutch)! Any chance of Third Day, MercyMe, Casting Crowns, NewsBoys, or David Crowder Band?

Edit: Ack! How could I forget Hillsong United?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 9:55 PM
I might do some other bands at some point. I already have two other projects in mind, but I'll see what I can do.
Banned
#9 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 11:28 PM
Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of christian rock, but I do love Flyleaf. Good job!
Test Subject
#10 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 12:12 AM
I'll download these just so my Sims can have teenage woohoo and pregnancy while wearing them. Maybe then one can run for Vice President of SimNation or something. I wonder if MTS would post my series of Atheist shirts? Oh I see religious message is too strong so lets cloak it with symbols. Sweet.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 12:14 AM
xD <3 relient k. I forgot they were a christian band *lol* they don't seem like it.

*Downloads*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chesspieceface
I'll download these just so my Sims can have teenage woohoo and pregnancy while wearing them. Maybe then one can run for Vice President of SimNation or something. I wonder if MTS would post my series of Atheist shirts? Oh I see religious message is too strong so lets cloak it with symbols. Sweet.

I'm not saying "Christian" as a religious thing, that's simply the musical genre these bands that I like happen to belong to.
Test Subject
#13 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kookiekween99
I'm not saying "Christian" as a religious thing, that's simply the musical genre these bands that I like happen to belong to.

I'm really not trying to troll here, and was going to leave my comment at that. But you have to be kidding either us or yourself. That word has a pretty specific meaning and "genre of music" might be way down as a subreference. These are bands who sing about a single theme, the love and glory of the christian savior. So just like the "America" outfits titled 'patriotic'... Is what you really want? a cascade of people pushing their religious and political agendas through Sims3 clothing? Christians very often want to call their stuff harmless because they generally live immersed in it. How about some T-Shirts of Muhammad on his winged horse... or maybe Satan eating the heart of Jesus? Is that content you want to sift through?

Its all personal taste but to me this culture-centric stuff is way more offensive than the the content we need a special dirty site for.
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 3:52 AM
Thanks sooo much! I love Flyleaf!
Ugh... If only we could have churches in the game.
Test Subject
#15 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 4:03 AM
I'm really not trying to troll here, and was going to leave my comment at that. But you have to be kidding either us or yourself. That word has a pretty specific meaning and "genre of music" might be way down as a subreference. These are bands who sing about a single theme, the love and glory of the christian savior. So just like the "America" outfits titled 'patriotic'... Is what you really want? a cascade of people pushing their religious and political agendas through Sims3 clothing? Christians very often want to call their stuff harmless because they generally live immersed in it. How about some T-Shirts of Muhammad on his winged horse... or maybe Satan eating the heart of Jesus? Is that content you want to sift through?

Its all personal taste but to me this culture-centric stuff is way more offensive than the the content we need a special dirty site for.

Out of all the people that have commented on this download so far, you are the only one that was "offended" by the choice of words used in the overview. You have somewhat of a good point, but would you mind saving it for a site or thread where there will be others sharing your opinions?! I'm sure there are other people on this site that do not share our (meaning the people that will download these shirts, including myself) tastes in music and religious preferences but they're keeping the peace and leaving their opinions to themselves. Let's hope you can do the same.

Thanks again for these great shirts!
Test Subject
#16 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 4:13 AM

OMG you bring out some "Christian" logos, and the guy goes nuts. Chesspiece looks like you have some personal opinions that need to be resolved. Thank you for the great work on these shirts!! Very well done!
Test Subject
#17 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 5:23 AM
If you figure out the adult meshes that would be great! How about some Demon Hunter thrown in there for good measure??? I would kiss you feet for a Demon Hunter shirt.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 7:14 AM
Great job! I love the superchick shirts!
Test Subject
#19 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 10:17 AM Last edited by Chesspieceface : 8th Jul 2009 at 10:39 AM.
@ladymurder: I should keep this opinion to myself for the peace of the community? What if I am sharing this opinion for the peace of the community? You hope people with contrary views voluntarily suppress them for your pleasant day? Nice open door to an open discussion. Thanks for being part of the problem.

Someone made this content, and MTS is hosting it (despite the screening process); So I should assume this has no real sociological meaning or consequence? I'd venture that MTS should decline all religious material and most nationalist material. I'll go ahead and stop trying to have an interesting discussion about differing viewpoints since I'm so obviously wrong.

Quote: Originally posted by dwkmcw
Chesspiece looks like you have some personal opinions that need to be resolved.

Yes I'll get to work resolving my opinions immediately.
------

And as an aside, one of the beautiful design decisions of the Sims is that it is fundamentally multicultural. The purpose of using Simlish is to make the game accessible in all languages to all people. I disapprove of destroying that purity with culturally contaminated content. There are no churches for a very good reason.
Test Subject
#20 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 2:50 PM
sorry to say this but Flyleaf are Christians but are not a Christian band some of the faith is reflected in the music but they are not a christian band look it up you will find that this is true. This is not the first time some one called a band christian just because the band member are of the christian faith and this won't be the last and the band has come out and said they are christian but the band is not a christian band.
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 3:39 PM
The internet is for bored people.

As I've been listening to RED nonstop lately, I really appreciate the shirt! Thank you!
Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 4:19 PM

I agree with you that Christian music is obviously not just a genre-- the point of the genre is that it belongs with a religion. I don't know how else you could possibly define "christian" music, if not by the fact that it shares the same themes and messages as the christian religion.

For one, this person is not "pushing their religious and political agenda through sims3 clothing". They didn't shove this in anyone's face, they didn't force you to download it-- they uploaded it for the people who would like to have this content in their game. The author of this post didn't try to preach for Christianity, or that all other religions or wrong, or anything even remotely offensive-- they said simply that it's a mod with shirts of Christian bands, and that was it.

You didn't have to come to this page, you could have just ignored it. YOU are the one who decided to come here and tell everyone that they were required to agree with you and that these shirts should be taken down.

Now, see, you have every right to disagree with Christianity, and by extension, the Christian bands on these shirts-- but is it really worth it to get offended at someone just for posting some christian band shirts on a sims 3 site? You have ever right to get offended, but you should probably save it up for a time when it's really worth it to do so.

Now honestly, someone enlighten me here, because I'm not an uploader and so I don't know much about what is and isn't allowed as a mod here: Are the things Chesspiece has mentioned allowed on this site (as in, religious or politically-themed mods, such as t-shirts)?

If they are, then I believe these shirts have every right to be on this site. As band shirts, they're just band shirts-- the only qualm for some is that the bands are Christian. However, this post is hardly offensive-- it's not as though the description is preachy, it's just a band shirts mod. As Christian shirts, I believe they have just as much right to be here as other religious shirts, and as a Christian, I wouldn't be the least bit offended if I saw a shirt on here that had something like the star of david, or a buddha, or any sort of muslim symbolism. I'm not forced to download it, or even read the description, but people who subscribe to those viewpoints should have a right to download them all they please.

To sum up the TL;DR: Chesspiece, chill out. If it bothers you, don't look. We all have a right to be here, Christian, Atheist, Buddhist, Muslim, and whatnot. Don't use your right to express an opinion to tell others they can't express their own, because you become what you're speaking against-- a jerk who shoves their opinion down other peoples' throats. These shirts aren't obnoxious or offensive, they're just band shirts where the band happens to be labeled as a Christian band.
Test Subject
#23 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 4:50 AM
Well said slimmer
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 5:01 AM
100% agree with Slimmer. They are just shirts. They are OPTIONAL. Do I agree with every Sims mod that show up on this site, or others for that matter? No. But going as far as to say this should be taken down is absurd.

A few of the bands aren't even *really* Christian bands, as someone already pointed out. Anberlin isn't exclusively a Christian band, neither is Flyleaf. Christian bands or not, the point of this post was to upload band tees for our Sims for bands that many people in this community would like. The OP isn't forcing you to download, look at, or even acknowledge this post, so why do you care?

Anyway, these are bands that have a hopeful, uplifting message. Considering quite a few of these are bands that I listen to, I know that many of their songs aren't even about religion. They are just clean music, usually without cuss words, with a nice message to give. On that note, I don't agree with the message rap music sends. Should I go troll on topics for rap downloads saying they should be taken down because they are offensive?

Awesome download, Kookie. I can't wait until I have a few teen Sims to wear the Relient K and Anberlin shirts. (: Maybe even Flyleaf and Superchick if I have enough teens!
Test Subject
#25 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 8:49 PM
Thanks for these shirts! While I do not listen to these bands myself, I think it is great that they are appealing to the christian youth out there. God Bless You for putting these up.

Live every moment, leave nothing to chance
Page 1 of 3