Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No CAS Age Staggering updated for 1.17/2.12/3.8/4.5/5.2/6.0

by Rothchild Posted 1st Jul 2009 at 4:45 PM - Updated 27th Oct 2010 at 1:37 PM by Rothchild : New Version

97 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 89 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 4:50 PM
Sorry I don't realy get it ;O
I'm sure it's a good creation and stuff but I can't understand what it really does >_<
Pardon me, I'm not properly english speaking and it's sometimes a bit hard to understand..
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 4:51 PM
Is this an XML tuning mod or a more extensive mod?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RedDemonica1
I'm sure it's a good creation and stuff but I can't understand what it really does >_<
Pardon me, I'm not properly english speaking and it's sometimes a bit hard to understand..

When you create a new sim, they are created a quarter of the way to their next birthday.
The mod makes it so that they start on their last birthday and have to wait a whole x days untill they age up.

It is very hard to explain but it's a useful mod.
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:03 PM
Oh so they'll like.. be younger?
I never noticed the half way through age thing but I get it
Thanks a million for explaining ^^
I'd definitely be downloading this one

It's Britney Betch ;]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:05 PM
When you create a new sim in CAS, instead of being at the beginning of their age group (like Adult), they will be up to 28% through the age group (28% of the way to Elder). With this mod they always start at the beginning of their age group.

It's just an XML mod.
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RedDemonica1

when you cas and put them in a neighborhood you've been playing, it'll advance the age so the story progression is tied together still.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:22 PM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! That was super annoying. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:36 PM
Okay, though I never noticed it :P

I create my Sims as young adults, does that mean I missed the whole point?
Forum Resident
#10 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:39 PM
Thank you! I was always curious to why when I made two sims in CAS at the same time, one of them always ended up being older than the other when I moved them into their home.

Nightly
"...because as you know, Betty is the God of Arm Hair."
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:58 PM
I thought that when you made a sim the bar that was a 1/4 way up was it's TOTAL AGE. Not just for that specific chaprter of life. As in birth to death sorta thing. Guess i was wrong. Great mod then :D
Theorist
#12 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:14 PM
Quote:
I create my Sims as young adults, does that mean I missed the whole point?

I don't know what you mean by missed the point, but it does it to young adult Sims as well. So far I haven't created a Sim that isn't a young adult and it just irks me that they start off their new life with part of it missing. It's bad enough starting out with a skill-less Sim, but then to have part of the precious days they need for learning removed was downright rude of EA.

Thanks so much for this mod!
Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:26 PM
I love this mod. The only problem with it is that after installing I found my sims have a beyond epic lifespan. Even on short settings it's still 220 sim days. Normal is more like epic at 1600 days. I uninstalled the mod just to be sure this one is the cause and not some other mod I have, but this is most definitely it.
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:29 PM
I've never had that age staggering thing happen
Test Subject
#15 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:36 PM
awesome mod! thanks very much!!

~Shadogate

Falcon PAWNCH!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiptobescene
I love this mod. The only problem with it is that after installing I found my sims have a beyond epic lifespan. Even on short settings it's still 220 sim days. Normal is more like epic at 1600 days. I uninstalled the mod just to be sure this one is the cause and not some other mod I have, but this is most definitely it.
Thank you so much for catching that! It's now been fixed. Sorry about that.
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:51 PM
I'm going to test this as soon as possible with all the mods I already have.

Finally I'll be able to create teen twins to start a new family and not resort to buying life fruit to have them at the same day of aging.

Thanks again for making this one.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:52 PM
Cool, I hated my newly created sims had days on them already, and if a couple, then one would have 3 or so days more on them than the other sim. Thanks for sharing.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 7:35 PM
thanks for this! it's darn useful!
Test Subject
#20 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 7:44 PM
OK, this is probably the best mod in the history of TS3 mods.
Thanks for this!!
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 8:10 PM
THANK YOU!!!! this makes my "frustrated" meter go way down!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 8:19 PM
is this compatible with awesomemod? also it would be cool if you could choose how much you wanted them to age in cas so if you wanted one a few days older than the other. is something like that possible even if it meant slowing down the aging process in cas?
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 8:52 PM
This is a great mod!
I hated to see the couples I made in CAS and the wife would be much older than the husband. That was annoying as hell.

"Ociffer, I swear to drunk I'm not God!"
Test Subject
#24 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 9:08 PM
I would love to use this mod BUT...

I do not know how to take the first installment of this mod off! I redownloaded the updated version thinking it would overwrite the old one, but my sims life are all still crazy long. I am using the Install Helper Monkey but couldn't find the download anywhere on my computer so I'm sorry, but could you please tell me how to remove the first download? Thank you!
Alchemist
#25 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 9:09 PM
I am thinking to have my two new young adult sims in my game soon. Do I need this mod for my young adult sims?

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Page 1 of 4