Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 7:25 PM
You CAN cheat to raise skills (learned yesterday)
At least with Awesomemod installed you can cheat to raise skills, and if you can enable the debug commands without Awesomemod-- which is probably possible-- you can do it without Awesomemod if you don't like Awesomemod or you have too many problems with it.

If the debug commands are enabled (NOT the same set covered by "testingcheatsenabled true"), which I think defaults to "off" in Awesomemod config but I turned on, then when a sim is selected, ctrl-shift-click (not just shift-click but ctrl-shift-click) on the sim, and you get a new menu. You have to hit "more" but then you can select "add or increment skill," and it'll work.

I'm thrilled to have found this, because I like to create characters and let them interact, and those that should be experienced should have some skills already.

So, there is a way to do it. Thought y'all would like to know that.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 9:11 PM
So how do you enable to debug commands without awesomemod?
Instructor
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 11:25 PM
You install Debug Console Command Enabler or Klanly Cheat Menu Hack instead.

Personally I prefer Klanly's. I have a ton of mods and its never conflicted with anything.

With Klanly's you can:

Shift+Click on the Ground and teleport anywhere with having to wait to get the lifetime happiness teleporter. Makes collecting sooo much easier.

Shift+Click on garden plants and keep pressing 'Next growth stage' till its harvestable.

Shift+Click on ANY sim (not just the ones your playing) and change their skills. Even the potty, homework, fussball, and airguitar. ALL skills. Helpful in giving to the cop a boost if your about to get robbed. lol

Make you sim fat, Edit sim in CAS, the options are endless really. I never play without it.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 12:23 AM
FalseZen, Klanly's Hack sounds like a Godsend, saying as I cannot install AwesomeMod. Thanks so much for the info!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 12:30 AM
Wait I DL'd it and there's .dll file... Where do I put that?
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FalseZen
You install Debug Console Command Enabler or Klanly Cheat Menu Hack instead.

Personally I prefer Klanly's. I have a ton of mods and its never conflicted with anything.

With Klanly's you can:

Shift+Click on the Ground and teleport anywhere with having to wait to get the lifetime happiness teleporter. Makes collecting sooo much easier.

Shift+Click on garden plants and keep pressing 'Next growth stage' till its harvestable.

Shift+Click on ANY sim (not just the ones your playing) and change their skills. Even the potty, homework, fussball, and airguitar. ALL skills. Helpful in giving to the cop a boost if your about to get robbed. lol

Make you sim fat, Edit sim in CAS, the options are endless really. I never play without it.

Will that conflict with Indie Stone Mod? They both allow you to Edit your sim in the CAS menu.
Instructor
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 1:39 AM
nickdog670 - Yes it will conflict with Indie.

icu2richelo- the .dll goes into your C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. If you have the patch be sure you to download the 4.9 version. Also when using the hack in game NEVER press STOP ALL option as this will irreversibly freeze every sim in your neighborhood. I had pressed it trying to stop a couple of sims on a gym lot, and had to start a new neighborhood since their is no undo button for it. Thought that was important to mention.
Inventor
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 7:30 PM
Klanly sounds great but does it also stop your sims from moving out of town?
Instructor
#9 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 12:05 AM
No, it has nothing to do with story progression.

Its more for regular gamepaly stuff. Like if your trying to complete all the handiness challenges. You would shift+click on an object, and you can break it over and over just so you can repair it over and over.

This mod will conflict with anything that also acts as a debugger. Such as the Debug Consol, or Awesome mod. You can only have one debugger installed at a time.
Inventor
#10 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 12:07 AM
Thanks!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 1:39 AM
hmm..thanks for telling me about Klanly's. sounds awesome..
I'm gonna download it :D

the skills cheat would REALLY come in handy.
it almost seems impossible to max out your skills while you're still young..
I played a sim regularly with no cheats and no mods..and he died before I could get all of the skills done.
So this will be great
Alchemist
#12 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 1:46 AM
Thank you so much!

It's pretty much impossible to max out all the skills with out cheating :D
I was so disappointed when i couldn't increase it with testingcheatsenabled

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 1:51 AM
I've installed Klanly's Hack now, and I must say I'm quite impressed. I'm most impressed by the fact that I can edit other sims in the neighborhood by just clicking on them and selecting Edit in CAS. Also, it's really nice to have the "Build/Buy on this Lot" so I can edit a building without having to go to Edit Town. There are... a HELLUVA lot of functions I don't understand, so I haven't messed with those. And I won't, just so I don't mess-up my game permanently.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 1:52 AM
Would love a Lifetime Rewards Points cheat, though, so I can give my Autonomous sims some benefits... But I'm alright without it... for now.
Instructor
#15 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 2:36 AM
You can! Type in testingcheatsenabled true and then type in lifetimehappiness your sim will get 50,000 lifetime happiness points.
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 4:00 AM
THANK YOOOOOOOOOOOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so much more fun to play now that I can cheat!!!!!
Instructor
#17 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 5:47 AM
Your welcome Tootpla!
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 6:35 AM
I downloaded Klanly's 4.9 version into my game mods folder, extracted it and put the .dll file into C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin . I started the my game and only the teleport part of this mod works... I shift-clicked on my sim and nothing new comes up... I also tried having testing cheats enabled on and off but the mod still won't work Please help!!!
Thanx
Instructor
#19 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 10:33 AM
If you have the patch the 4.9 version should work, and yes, testingcheatsenabled true needs to be on. Also make certain you have no other debuggers installed.

If you put the .dll into the bin folder and the mod into C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages and you have the Resource.cfg installed to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 they only thing I can think of is that its conflicting with something else. Do you have the TS3 Install Helper Monkey? This also has a .dll but Klanly's was updated after the patch specifically for his mod. I do not use Installer Monkey since I already know where the .packages go. I am unsure if these are compatable. You should post on his site for further help.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 3:43 PM
So if you have the TS3 Install Helper Monkey do you have to uninstall that for this to work or just not use it to install Klaney's hack?
Instructor
#21 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 3:53 PM
The .dll for TS3 Install Helper Monkey and Klanly's mod have the same name but I believe they have different coding. Since Monkey requires its .dll to function, I would think yes. You would have to uninstall Monkey if you wanted this.

As I stated before however, you really need to ask these questions on Klanly's thread. I do not, nor have I ever used Monkey to know 100% for certain that the .dlls are not the same.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 10:28 PM
Ok, I downloaded the 1.3 patch today, and Klanlys hack doesnt work anymore
i took it out of my mods folder and my game loaded, but as soon as i put it back in the game loading bar goes up ones stage then crashes to the desktop

Please help me someone! i've tried deleting caches aswell but it doesnt do any good
And i've been googling like crazy to NO AVAIL! *cries*

I dont know how i played sims 3 without this menu hack before-hand :O

It's hard to be yourself in a society that relies on clothes, hairstyles and looks to fit in.
Test Subject
#23 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 10:52 PM
I'm literally grinning from ear to ear here, I'll try this as soon as I get back in from grass-cutting, it sounds like you almost have TS2 again but in TS3, I can switch the mods out every so often, & I love sim-gardening, THANK YOU FOR SHARING!! *glomps you* :D

P.S.~ I meant to the Klaney's mod poster, sorry about that!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlyrSiaci
Ok, I downloaded the 1.3 patch today, and Klanlys hack doesnt work anymore
i took it out of my mods folder and my game loaded, but as soon as i put it back in the game loading bar goes up ones stage then crashes to the desktop

Please help me someone! i've tried deleting caches aswell but it doesnt do any good
And i've been googling like crazy to NO AVAIL! *cries*

I dont know how i played sims 3 without this menu hack before-hand :O

Your probably going to have to wait until the menu hack is updated
Test Subject
#25 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by madmardy
Your probably going to have to wait until the menu hack is updated

where I will see if it is updated?
Page 1 of 2