Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cooking, Cleaning, Hacking, Collecting, Kicking Are Fun

by joshiejack Posted 4th Jul 2009 at 12:13 AM - Updated 4th Jul 2009 at 2:43 AM by joshiejack

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 12:22 AM
Thank god, my sims can finally do something other than watch TV to actually have some fun in their lives.

<3

If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 1:21 AM
With "Kicking is fun" would that apply to kicking other sims? XD I don't know if playing "kicky bag" is an option?

Now with things like "Cleaning is fun" is it possible to make that only apply to neat sims? Or make work fun (and working from home/homework) fun for workaholic sims? Or is it already set to that in game? Do Greenthumb sims have fun even without the "Gardening is fun" mod?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 1:33 AM
Well no kicking is fun doesn't apply to other sims :P.

It applies to kicking the gnome and flamingo, I don't think your sims can kick each other, only punch/slap etc.

It should be possible to make Cleaning is fun apply to neat sims only, but i've had to dig a lot deeper. (I've got my website to do so don't have the time at the moment, but will look in to it). Same goes for working, I believe Greenthumbs do have fun without the gardening is fun mod, but i'm not sure, i haven't really paid attention in that respect :p.
Eminence Grise
#5 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 1:50 AM
Thanks I have your other "fun" mods too. Of these I just installed hacking, kicking, and collecting, cause I don't think cooking and cleaning should be fun for all sims, just those with certain traits. Reflection of my personality I suppose
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 2:06 AM
^ Hehe, Hacking is only one file, and kicking and collecting are two files each lol. The other two have loads of files =D. I don't think cleaning should be fun either :P, but someone wanted it! (Cleaning had 27 files :-/, I probably missed some lol). Oh and with collecting I didn't make picking up seeds fun, cos that would make picking up a seed you had placed that didn't want to plant fun :p.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joshiejack
Some days I can just find Cleaning very boring, others I can't stop cos I am having fun with it. Someone wanted this so here it is. Install Cooking is fun if you want your sims to enjoy cooking.

Just thought I would point out the fact that the last line in this sentence should read 'Install Cleaning is fun if you want your sims to enjoy cleaning.'

Thanks for the great hacks btw =]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 2:39 AM
woops, silly me :p
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 6:03 AM
this is awesome
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 2:53 PM
Good mods but ain't it possible to combine these in to one mod
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 4:22 PM
^ Well yes, but it would have one verrrrry loong title lol. :p
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 12:44 AM
I like the concept, I always thought this should be the case but I wouldn't want all of my sims to get a fun boost. I realize it's probably asking too much, but I was curious if it was possible to attach fun boosts specific traits? So for instance only sims with the neat trait find cleaning fun, only natural cooks get a fun boost from cooking etc.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 12:48 AM
I believe neat sims already get fun from cleaning anyways :p
Test Subject
#14 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 1:40 AM
Sounds fun
Mad Poster
#15 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 7:38 AM
How about kicking trashcans? Is that included in the kicking is fun? Or is it already fun? I have never actually made a sim do that, thogh Nick Alto did come over to my playables lot and kick over their trashcan. You'd think it'd be fun for any sim who actually had that option (I know Mean Spirited sims can do it; is that all?).

I also think Cooking should only really be fun for Natural Cooks, but thanks so very much for Hacking, Kicking, and Collecting.
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 10:08 AM
I love sims cooking~
Test Subject
#17 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 6:52 AM
Oh this is great! Thanks so much for making those..
would it be possible to make them have fun gardening too? xD
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 5:35 PM
Check my profile or the related pages
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 7:02 PM Last edited by sirbartonslady : 12th Jul 2009 at 7:49 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot
I'd love to see a "Writing a novel is fun" mod -- since I find writing fun, I don't understand why my sims think it's not -- they get stressed out if they write for very long.I'd love to see a "Writing a novel is fun" mod -- since I find writing fun, I don't understand why my sims think it's not -- they get stressed out if they write for very long.

EDIT: Okay, I'm an idiot. I just looked further on the site and you already did one. Thanks! I'll definitely check it out, cuz these hacks are nice!
Test Subject
#20 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 10:04 PM
Hahah the house will finally be clean with happiness ~thnx a bunch and a half O-O :lovestruc

Kiss Me with your lips ~ Luv me with your wallet
Mad Poster
#21 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 6:16 PM
Do any of these need updating for the latest patch/World Adventures?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#22 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 12:25 PM
I'm not 100% sure if this had something to do with my problem, but i thought it would be a good thing to say.. I had problems with my maid. She made the beds, but then she just freezed. She just stod there for hours, and then she desided to leave. Also my neat sims couln't "clean the house". When i tryed, they just moved litlle bit right, and the "cleaning icon" cleared from the tasks. And the house is soooo dirty :/ i removed cleaningisveryfun and problem solved :P

(sry my english isn't that good:D)
Test Subject
#23 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 11:45 PM
i had the same problem! it also hasn't improved the "fun" rating for any of the activities unfortunately..
Test Subject
#24 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 7:30 PM
Is it possible that the 'hacking is fun' mod will actually make it impossible to hack computers in World Adventures? I'll select hack with any sim, and then it'll go to the action bar thing, and disappear.
Test Subject
#25 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 4:20 PM
Do these mods work with Supernatural?
Page 1 of 2