Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Children can Garden Mod *Updated Feb 14*

by XLStormyLX Posted 4th Jul 2009 at 12:14 AM - Updated 15th Feb 2010 at 12:46 AM by XLStormyLX : Updated to latest patch, WA and HELS.

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 12:25 AM
Yup you had the same issue I did Stormy...The kids get all goofy and tall when harvesting. rofl I'm guessing because there isn't an actual animation file for them to be doing this but it does work. As for the watering the plants it has the same issue. No graphical animation for the item for them to use.

But hey they can do all the other stuff like ya said.

I'm an above average gardener and it was getting tough with only 2 sims gardening my patch so I got the whole family involved in it.

I do have one question about your mod and I suppose I'll find out soon enough as I'll have to re-modify my Core file on my end to get yours to work..np I have that one bookmarked, But did you get the option to allow for the children to acquire the skill points for gardening or do they not get it like mine does??

I'm trying to find the work around for this to allow for them to get the points but I already have too much on my plate for me to handle atm anyways...

Anyhoo... for this one...
Test Subject
#3 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 12:31 AM
Much appreciated! Children not being able to garden bugged me quite a bit--it'll let my child Sims do more, and it'll make my farmhouse idea go much more smoothly if the kids can help with the crops!
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 1:15 AM
I will create a version of my gardening is fun mod that is compatible with this if that is okay?
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 2:07 AM
Is it possible you could create a similar mod for guitar playing? I think it's dumb that kids can't take a guitar class or play the guitar at all!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 4:35 AM
Thanks a bunch for this!!! ^_^ Was hoping someone might come up with this, its crazy some of the things kids arent able to do in this game!!! i'll definitely be taking advantage of this mod =) many thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 9:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inf666ipi
Yup you had the same issue I did Stormy...The kids get all goofy and tall when harvesting. rofl I'm guessing because there isn't an actual animation file for them to be doing this but it does work. As for the watering the plants it has the same issue. No graphical animation for the item for them to use.

But hey they can do all the other stuff like ya said.

I'm an above average gardener and it was getting tough with only 2 sims gardening my patch so I got the whole family involved in it.

I do have one question about your mod and I suppose I'll find out soon enough as I'll have to re-modify my Core file on my end to get yours to work..np I have that one bookmarked, But did you get the option to allow for the children to acquire the skill points for gardening or do they not get it like mine does??

I'm trying to find the work around for this to allow for them to get the points but I already have too much on my plate for me to handle atm anyways...

Anyhoo... for this one...

Heya. I don't know what mod you are referring to I'm afraid. But, children can gain skill points without modding by being taught. But learning the skill doesn't allow them to actually garden in their childhood, which is what I want.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 9:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joshiejack
I will create a version of my gardening is fun mod that is compatible with this if that is okay?

Of course that's fine I'll check out your mod as well. See what might be easiest as far as compatibility is concerned.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 9:07 AM
Okay I've had a look. Unless I'm mistaken you've added a new fun advertisement line to create your mod? Should be easy to make compatible. All you have to do is just have your changed lines in your packages, from what I understand, instead of having all of the original stuff in as well. Since my packages don't contain that line (they aren't in the vanilla version) they should then be compatible.
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 9:41 AM
Yay! My hobo Sim can finally eat! :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 1:02 PM Last edited by XLStormyLX : 5th Jul 2009 at 1:47 PM.
I've updated the mod, please see initial post

Update again: I uploaded ChildGardenPlusMotives.package without the omniplant fix. 3 people downloaded that before I could change it,lol. Please redownload if you are one of those 3!
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 5:01 AM
My Children can plant, weed, and water but not harvest. The only gardening mod I have is black spirits more harvestables mod.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 5:24 AM Last edited by XLStormyLX : 7th Jul 2009 at 5:42 AM.
Could you please try without black spirits mod and tell me how it works? I thought it would be compatible but I do not use his mod. Thanks

Edit: I tried my mod with his and my sim child could harvest. So I'm not sure why you're having a problem... If you could give me more details I'd appreciate it.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 12:18 AM
So if I use ChildGardenPlusMotives.package, I have to take out JJ_GardeningIsFun.package? But does your package adds fun from gardening for kids only or for all the sims?
Test Subject
#15 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 2:05 AM Last edited by lsmithiii : 8th Jul 2009 at 2:35 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
So if I use ChildGardenPlusMotives.package, I have to take out JJ_GardeningIsFun.package? But does your package adds fun from gardening for kids only or for all the sims?

I didn't think about JJ_GardeningIsFun.package. It looks like this is where the conflict is. I will try the childgarden without motives.

Edit: This conflicts as well. I found the conflict the following line in JJ_GardeningIsFun.package needs to be adjusted so it reads as below it originally has children set to false.

BaseAvailability>
<Age Children="true" Adults="True" Toddlers="False" Teens="True" Elders="True" />
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 12:21 PM Last edited by XLStormyLX : 8th Jul 2009 at 1:02 PM.
Yes, this does conflict with JJ_gardeningisfun. I state that in the first post under the conflicts section

Minimimi: Yes, you unfortunately have to remove the JJ mod and use the motive version of my mod. It adds fun for all sims that garden, but only a small amount. It also tweaks hygiene loss.

Edit: I just tested my mod with BlackCat007's cooking overhaul mod and they seem to work together fine. Thank goodness!
Test Subject
#17 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 7:46 PM
Oh darn, I was nearly finished my Kid's Gardening mod. I tested everything except the Omni plants. The only noticable difference; does your mod let you dispose living plants?

Also does your mod let kids pick up seeds for planting?
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by XLStormyLX
Minimimi: Yes, you unfortunately have to remove the JJ mod and use the motive version of my mod. It adds fun for all sims that garden, but only a small amount. It also tweaks hygiene loss.

Since yours adds a tiny bit fun for all the sims, not just for kids then it's perfect! I just wanted to be sure about that, thank you for unlocking the gardening for kids
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 11:51 AM Last edited by XLStormyLX : 9th Jul 2009 at 12:04 PM.
I use a seperate mod for kids to pick up seeds so I didn't add that. I guess I could if someone asked but it hasn't been requested. And no, I did not add the ability to dispose of living plants, mostly because I never felt the need to do it.

MiniMimi : My pleasure!

Edit: I've added the two functions suggested by JimmyThePipe above. You only need to re-download the mod if you care about those two things.
Test Subject
#20 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 2:23 AM
Thanks a lot! Now my Sim sister can garden.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 3:40 PM
Are you going to update this for WA?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 12:47 AM
Hey, just letting you guys know this now works with WA and HELS, patched with the latest patch. See first post for details and let me know of any problems
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 3:01 AM
Thanks for the update, going to try it out.

✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。¨¯`*✲ "It can't get better when you believe that others have to change." Esther Hicks San Diego, CA 08-31-19 ✲´*。.❄¨¯`*✲。❄。*。¨¯`*✲
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 9:44 PM
Thanks for the update, these damn patches broke all the mods so I'm really glad this one is 'saved' ^^
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 12:29 PM
Fantastic! Any hope of an update for Late Night?
Page 1 of 2