Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 2:31 AM
Default Lifetime Reward Cheat here!
I couldn't find it in the search engine..so forgive me if it's already been covered.
But there actually is a lifetime reward point cheat without any mods!

you enter the testingCheatsenabled true cheat first thing.
click on the sim you want to raise the points for and go to the little treasure chest in your panel.
I know this sounds bogus..and I didn't believe it could work..
but if you hold down ctrl and left click right in between the chest and your number of points...with each click it will raise your points by 500.

the only thing is...I did it for one of my sims and played with him for a while..but a few hours later I went to go raise it for another sim of mine and it didn't work..so I don't know if it's a bug in the game..or perhaps an easter egg type thing and only lets you do it once..but I can not for the life of me get it to work anymore..I'm kinda dissapointed..lol..but at least it worked once.
So choose carefully!!

here is a screenshot of my lifetime points so you don't think this is a joke..

I raised it to that amount and bought the ones I wanted :D

and here is a picture of where you're suppost to click. (yellow dot)

well there you go..in case some of you didn't know.
It DOES work at least once in the game..
like I said..I used it once and can't get it to work again..
so let me know if you were able to use it more than once and tell me how! lol
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 2:40 AM
OK sorry guys....it does work more than once! :D

after you do it the first time..
save and completely exit out of the game to your desktop.
go back in and when you're at the screen where you can select your family or person...bring up the cheat menu. Don't hit play and enter the town! It won't work.
The very first menu screen. But make sure to select the family you're wanting to give the points to..
so anyway..enter the testing cheat and THEN hit play.
and before you do anything with your family or person...go to the chest and there ya go!
plus 500 for every click! :D
Inventor
#3 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 1:40 AM
Yes, this works. It's just time consuming though because it only adds 500 points per click but you can hold down the shift key and just keep clicking over and over to get however many points you want. Comes in handy for those that don't want to install a mod to get lifetime happiness points only.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 1:15 PM
I couldn't get it to work. But I'm going to keep trying. This is too good to pass up. By the time my sims get enough points for anything useful they're too old to need them.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 11:21 PM
yeah I promise this works.
but like I said.
make sure you save and quit your game if it's open right now..and get of of the game to your desktop.
click yours sims 3 icon..and when the game loads and you're at the screen where you can pick either town and family..enter the cheat. THEN you click on the family you want to play. and before you do anything with your sims once your in the house..go to the treasure chest and ctrl+click on the area I showed on the picture.

just keep trying =D
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:14 AM
not working????
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:34 AM
I just tested it, and it worked for me. Not sure why it isn't working for some.

"I will not succumb to temptation, unless she's cute."
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 11:12 AM
I tested it as well, works like a charm! Thanks for the tip, I was peeved that I couldn't use the lifetimehappiness cheat since the patch makes the game crash every time I installed the debug enabler.

Again, thanks a bunch!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 6:04 PM
Cool, I'm going to try this!~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:09 PM
no problem everyone!

and lachiek3 make SURE you start a completely new game.
I couldn't get it to work either at first.
but you have to completely exit the game and start it back up and enter the testingcheat at the main menu where you choose the family. THEN do it.
I promise it works =D
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:30 PM
Thank you for sharing your findings!
I will try this when I get home from work (lol yea, im at work but don't tell anyone ;P )
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 2:51 AM
thank you i am going to try this now i will update soon
Test Subject
#13 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 4:39 AM
it works fine but it made my game crash

any help pelese
Field Researcher
#14 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 4:40 AM
someone made a mod to get lifetime reward quick
a promotion on job get 1,000,000 lifetime reward...

Quote:
Call me Jarod , Jad , Jar , Jaro , Rod....
If you r a GUY , why don't you come and join us , the group "JUST FOR GUYS" :D
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 5:02 AM
Tested, it works.

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is a Maxis game! What's to win? You and your sims can play unto perpetuity, getting into entanglements and trying to get out, and by the time you know it, it will be 3am your time, and you don't even have your teeth brushed...
--The Sims 1 Prima Guide
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 5:13 AM
OR you could just enter lifetimehappiness into the cheat box window and get 50,000 lifetime happiness points each time you do it. Seems a lot easier to me...but I think you need AwesomeMod to use it.
Test Subject
#17 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 5:30 AM
lifetimehappiness doesn't work for me. I get an error message. Does that cheat even work?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 5:32 AM
If you have awesomemod then it should work.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 6:18 AM
yeah the lifetimehappiness cheat doesn't work for me..

and to lachiek3...it made your game crash?? I hate to say it but I don't think it's the cheat that caused your game to crash..
it's not even a mod or download...it's just as harmless as opening the cheat box and typing in 'help'.
it shouldn't have made your game crash...

do you have any custom content or mods downloaded?
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 7:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jarod95
someone made a mod to get lifetime reward quick
a promotion on job get 1,000,000 lifetime reward...

Where can I find that mod? I couldn't find it here, but didn't check other sites yet.
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shelbo
yeah the lifetimehappiness cheat doesn't work for me..

and to lachiek3...it made your game crash?? I hate to say it but I don't think it's the cheat that caused your game to crash..
it's not even a mod or download...it's just as harmless as opening the cheat box and typing in 'help'.
it shouldn't have made your game crash...

do you have any custom content or mods downloaded?

no i am so confused
Inventor
#22 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Engelke2006
Where can I find that mod? I couldn't find it here, but didn't check other sites yet.

First post in this thread: http://www.sims2workshop.com/viewtopic.php?t=3066 but you do have to register first there in order to see the download button.
Test Subject
#23 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 8:55 PM
Worked for Both!!!
I got it to work for both, did it for the first person, then clicked the other and went to treasure chest...I think i had to move pointer a little closer, but thats all...

Followed this:
you enter the testingCheatsenabled true cheat first thing (at beginning of screen to pick family)...
click on the sim you want to raise the points for and go to the little treasure chest in your panel. Hold down ctrl and left click right in between the chest and your number of points...with each click it will raise your points by 500.
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 10:13 PM
Quote:
Followed this:
you enter the testingCheatsenabled true cheat first thing (at beginning of screen to pick family)...
click on the sim you want to raise the points for and go to the little treasure chest in your panel. Hold down ctrl and left click right in between the chest and your number of points...with each click it will raise your points by 500.

i have done all this it works but my com crashed
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lachiek3
i have done all this it works but my com crashed

Well..does your game crash without doing this cheat?
Cheats shouldn't make your game crash.
lol if the creators made a built in "cheat box" for codes to be entered..it shouldn't cause the game to crash.

Mods or custom content on the other hand CAN cause your game to crash.

so..again have you played your game without this cheat?
When exactly does it crash?
Locked thread | Locked by: Srikandi Reason: Necrolicious
Page 1 of 2