Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Drive your own car

by userunknown Posted 7th Jul 2009 at 4:46 PM - Updated 28th Nov 2009 at 4:05 AM by userunknown

63 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 57 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 5:11 PM
thanks XD i always thought they drove their own car anyways but then again i live on a lot way outside of town
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 5:11 PM
Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you THANK YOU!

I hated that stupid taxi soooo much, Why buy a 100,000 dollar car is your not going to drive it? :D

Your awesome. Great mod.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 5:25 PM
Finally. Thanks so much for this. That taxi was so stupid. >_>;
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 5:49 PM
rofl, i thought this was going to be a mod that lets you control the car. This is still a nice mod though. Thanks!
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 5:56 PM
Default thanks
i cant believe i couldn't think of that myself it was so simple thank you
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 6:07 PM
thank you! it was so annoying!
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 6:41 PM
Thanks so much for this! I was getting sick of that taxi and confused as to why my $100,000 car was never being used! Lol!

Keep up the great mod work! :D
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 7:27 PM
Thank you for the upload, but my sims drive their cars everywhere. I only set the owner of the car and he/she always drives everywhere.
Jus so you all know. =)
Scholar
#10 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 9:48 PM
I'd love this without the distance limit being changed. I like to get them to walk to the beach and stuff. I do hate the taxi thing though as mine have always had a car. I keep the kid late for school sometimes so she will ride her bike there.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 11:34 PM
Thanks very much.
Test Subject
#12 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 11:52 PM
not to be mean dude but this mod is kind of useless...all you have to do is set the car owner and the sim will drive it everywhere...
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 1:44 AM
love it!

I know there is a mod that makes the carpool not show up but is anyone working on making a mod that makes you take your own car to work?

c:\dos
c:\dos\run
run\dos\run
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 2:12 AM
I know that if you keep the car in your Sim's personal inventory, they'll always use it. What I did, was buy the car, put it in the driveway, throw it in my Sim's Inventory, and deleted the Driveway. If you don't want the carpool to show up, and drive to work... I think, until a mod is done, you have to send him/her off to work manually (Job Tab, click "Go To Work.") Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks for the upload btw.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 3:06 AM Last edited by userunknown : 8th Jul 2009 at 3:22 AM.
Added an extra package that makes the carpool show up 1/2 before work.I'm always running late & never go to work when the carpool shows up,and got tired of the horn honking.Download up & ready for use.

I can also make it so your not autonomously pushed to go to work until 1/2 before...if anyone's interested.

Appreciate the thanks,everyone.
Test Subject
#16 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by meliruiz00
Thank you for the upload, but my sims drive their cars everywhere. I only set the owner of the car and he/she always drives everywhere.
Jus so you all know. =)

I don't have such luck, so this mod is perf! My Sims all have their own cars, but I find my people taking taxis (even if the car is in their personal inventory), and running for carpools and the school bus at school and work time. Now if someone would get rid of those without getting rid of the alerts....

If only I could pause life like I pause my Sims game........
Test Subject
#17 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 6:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CJDJ
I know that if you keep the car in your Sim's personal inventory, they'll always use it. What I did, was buy the car, put it in the driveway, throw it in my Sim's Inventory, and deleted the Driveway. If you don't want the carpool to show up, and drive to work... I think, until a mod is done, you have to send him/her off to work manually (Job Tab, click "Go To Work.") Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks for the upload btw.

This is not so if the person also owns a bicycle that is NOT in the inventory, but parked on the home lot. I found that my teenagers, despite having cars in their personal inventories, often biked to school. Maybe EA treated the bike the same as a regular vehicle and the bike became a preference of the owner over the car...either way, I don't like the autonomy but I don't want to delete the bikes. What's a SimFanatic to do?

If only I could pause life like I pause my Sims game........
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 1:18 PM
Awesome mods! Thanks for sharing!
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#19 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 3:31 PM
carpoollater is what I need so
thank you

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 5:25 PM
I thought at first it was a bug my sims doesn't use their cars until I found out.
I waited forever for this mod!
Many thanks!

words are cheap...words come and go
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by meliruiz00
Jus so you all know. =)

I thought that using "set the owner" would make my sim drive his car too but he kept leaving it at work and taking the carpool home. It happened so much that I just decided that my sim must be drinking on the job and he knew better than to drive drunk. LOL!
Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 8:51 PM
LOL dajghoti that really made me laugh... a sensible drunk sim!
Thank you userunknown for the 1/2 hour carpool, one entire hour for it is just wasted
Test Subject
#23 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 4:41 AM
Wow!! That's cool
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 6:31 PM
Thank you so much! I always found it rather odd that sims would call a taxi ALL THE TIME. Kinda broke the realism, right? Anyway, thanks for doing this!
Scholar
#25 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by userunknown
Added an extra package that makes the carpool show up 1/2 before work.I'm always running late & never go to work when the carpool shows up,and got tired of the horn honking.Download up & ready for use.

I can also make it so your not autonomously pushed to go to work until 1/2 before...if anyone's interested.

Appreciate the thanks,everyone.

I would be interested if there wasnt a distance change, I said that above, can you do it?
Page 1 of 3