Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 5:20 PM
I changed more on the jacket too, like the mismatched sleeves and I brought the shirt down so it doesn't cover his neck. I'll get some pictures up later, and I'm gonna try to finish up the shoes and hopefully finish up the little things on him like his hood and belt.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 5:23 PM
When you update with pics, can you also show some pics with his arms down (or since your in BS, on his hips) so we can see how the shoulder shields look when in a neutral pose?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 5:27 PM
Ok I'm on a laptop right now so when I get on the computer I will get some actual in game shots.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 10:05 PM
Alrighty, here's some in game pictures. I think it looks good so far, though some minor clippings. Tell me what you think!
Screenshots
Zombie Socks
#30 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 10:55 PM
Hmmm... The shoulder pads look really odd. The mesh looks too much like it's attached to the sleeves and takes their shape.

The rest is looking good!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 11:05 PM
So should I make them farther away from the shoulder, or change the bone assignments?
Zombie Socks
#32 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 11:18 PM
Hmmm... First things first.

I suggest moving the place where the bottom of the hood meets the jacket (on the front) to lower down on his chest. Also, once that is done, move the hood farther out on his shoulders, so the hood is resting a bit more on his shoudler and it covers more of the shoulder guards.

I think that will make it look better. Also, the shoudler pads seem to come down lower on his shoulders, so they're covering more of his forearms. Like this:
http://www.finalfantasyworld.co.uk/...twork_Sora2.jpg

I really hope I'm making sense here. Overall, it's looking pretty good!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Instructor
#33 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 11:19 PM
wow that looks fantastic!

Fashion icon Lady GaGa! Now being created. Take a look!
Call me RCob It's much easier. :)

Mah Facebook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 11:27 PM
Thanks!
Yea, you're making sense I actually had them lower down, I'll change it.
And the freakin' hood! I've been thinking of just scraping it and making my own, cause it's actaully from a UNI outfit. I think I'll keep the hood part and rework the part that's on his shoulders.
Zombie Socks
#35 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 12:21 AM
I was actually working on the KH1 Sora outfit mesh before I ended up too swamped with projects and forgot about it. I must say, yours looks a lot better than mine ever did! One more suggestion: his tiny coat swooshes out at the end instead of falling flat against his torso.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 12:30 AM
Aww thanks. About his jacket, yea it does, doesn't it? haha I'll have to 'swoosh' it out then.
Anybody else notice that whoever designed the characters seems to have a thing for belts, straps and zippers?
Zombie Socks
#37 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 12:43 AM
I know! It's like a fetish or something! *still cannot get over KH2 Pete's ass-zipper*

Nemora's style kinda creeps me out. Dude has issues.

Forum Resident
#38 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 1:05 AM
*blinks*
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 1:49 AM
LMAO Sora can pull it off, but Pete? Uh-uh hahahahaha!

New hood. Sorry it looks weird, didn't properly map it yet.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#40 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 2:01 AM
Hood looks *much* better! Can't wait to see it textured!
Zombie Socks
#41 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 2:12 AM
Other than the clipping issue with the shoulder sheilds, it looks amazing! Much better!

Mad Poster
#42 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 4:04 AM
*is super excited for finished product*
I LUVS IT!!

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 5:06 PM
Thank you! I'm glad you like it!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 7:24 PM
The white part on his hood, I'm wondering if I should just leave it off, cause right now, it looks bad. What do you think?

And another thing. I'm trying to make Sora's necklace an accessory, but it's not showing up in bodyshop. I used the glasses with the square lenses, they don't have the frame. They come in clear and dark lenses.
It might be because I'm using blender with bobcatben's importer/exporter, not unimesh. However, I don't see why it wouldn't work, since I have no problems with hair meshes. I followed Dr. Pixels' tutorial.

I could be doing it wrong, too, that happens a lot.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#45 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 8:06 PM
Don't leave off the white bit. I'd say just keep on trying!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 8:13 PM
Alright, maybe adjusting the UV will help a bit.
Zombie Socks
#47 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 9:18 PM
Personally, I think if you can't fix the UV map, just add the white part a seperate mesh piece on top of the black hood.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 9:54 PM
Ok, I have an idea, but if it doesn't work I'll do that.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 9:02 PM
Fixed the UV to make the white bit cleaner. Swooshed out the jacket a bit, and added zipper things!
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#50 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 9:08 PM
I'd say it's pretty perfect! Now, all you have to do is add some fabric textures to mesh to make it more realistic.
Locked thread
Page 2 of 23