Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

EDIT: The Abercrombie Project - shorts for your sims - new improved mesh

by Louise1991 Posted 11th Jul 2009 at 8:04 PM - Updated 13th Jul 2009 at 10:37 AM by Louise1991

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 8:42 PM
The texture is quite nice.

Hard to see in the pictures, but is that a visible seam at the waist? Or am I just seeing things? Has the UV map been adjusted to make these shorts untuckable? Could we see a picture of them with an untuckable top, please? I assume there's a fat morph?

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 9:03 PM
Excelent job, could you upload the shorts without the A&F logo? It should be perfect for Yuna of Final Fantasy X-2, here is the link: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=272660
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 9:21 PM
@CatOfEvilGenius:
Thanks

There is a visible seam, i think ^^. There is a fat morph .
In-game pic with HP untuckable top coming up!
And i'm probably sounding really stupid right now, but i don't completely get the term untuckable *blush*. What is meant by that exactly?
I did UV-map the shorts of course.

@rpglover55: Thanks . I'll look into the non-logo thing, maybe make two different rar-files, with and without logo. Don't know if i'll manage before i'm going on a month-long holiday next tuesday, but if i don't, i'll get back to it after the holiday
Field Researcher
#5 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 9:25 PM
I guess I posted my feed back comment too late. I asked the same thing COEG asked. Can they use HP's tucked and untucked tops? I like the shorts for my skinny AF's. Would like these for the teens too! Great color choices! Can you make a set with black hightop tennie shoes (I think they are called Converse in real life)?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 9:27 PM
Oh sorry didn't know you were posting too. Untucked means the shirt is worn over the pants. Tucked is inside the pants and tank or half shirt is what you show the girls wearing. Does that help?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 9:28 PM
@ simlifegirl:

Picture coming in about 10 minutes .

And thanks :D
I will look into all your suggestions so keep on giving them :D
It may only take some time because of my computerless month coming up
Field Researcher
#8 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 9:31 PM
What does that mean. You are gong to be without your computer for a a whole month?! I can't live without my four computers! (yes four and still can't make items for the simmies.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 9:40 PM
Four? wooh... i've got my laptop i so love my laptop :P. But an entire laptopless month *sigh*
Field Researcher
#10 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 9:52 PM
Okay, the new picture shows tucked shirts and that looks really nice. Great job!!!
Test Subject
#11 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 10:03 PM
Nice job! I love them! Can you by any chance make them for teens?
Not actually evil.
#12 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 10:34 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 11th Jul 2009 at 11:23 PM.
Untuckable clothing is shirts whose texture goes down past the hips, and pants whose mesh has no seam at the waist. You can then make "tucked" and "untucked" (alpha edit) recolors for the pants, so it looks like the shirt is untucked.

HP's untuckables

Getting rid of the seam at the waist is very easy. Just do these three things:

1) use wes_h's vertex data merge Milkshape plugin all around the waist, match the shorts waist vertices to shirt waist vertices

2) do the same thing with wes_h's normal data merge

3) do the same thing with my UV data merge (don't forget this step!)

Make sure you do steps 1 and 2 for the fat morph too. Make sure the fat morph has its own normals. Don't have "NoMorphNorms" in your fit comment. You can use Align Normals to create correct normals for the fat morph.

Forum Resident
#13 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 10:57 PM
You did it girl!
I love them Thanks!

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 3:20 AM
These look kinda like The Dukes of Hazzard shorts. Thankyou for these!!!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 3:37 AM
*SQUEAL!!!!!!!!*

OMG i LOVE preppy clothes like this!!!!!!!!!!! i make them too and i can't get enough. thanks SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 4:55 PM
love these! i hope you make some for teens
thanks!
Test Subject
#17 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 5:24 PM
Very Nice - Love Them!
Test Subject
#18 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 7:07 PM
LOVE these! Just the day before yesterday I was looking for the perfect shorts for a character of mine, and, well-here they are!
And to anyone who needs to know, the shoes at least are alpha-editable. >:3
Not actually evil.
#19 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 10:25 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 12th Jul 2009 at 10:46 PM.
The texture of the shorts is great, and the alpha is correct for untuckability. However, the UV map of these shorts does not match the UV map of untuckable shirts at the waist. This causes artefacts at the sides and a visible seam at the waist. Same thing with Maxis belly baring shirts. Please adjust the UV map (and if necessary, the normals). It would be great if these shirts could be worn with many different tops. Thanks. You can use my UV Data Merge plugin or demon's Extended Manual Edit to do this.

click for larger image

edit: Looks like you correctly set all the normals, except one on the fat morph.

Screenshots

Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#20 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 10:56 PM
These are very nice shorts, Louise. Really cute, and I love that they're paired with sandals and not stilettos.

While you might want to look into the hip texture issue that happens when they're paired with certain Maxis tops, please rest assured that making them "untuckable" is absolutely not required. If you want to do so that's fine, but if not that's also fine. "Untuckables" are, well, just something I made up, actually. It's perfectly fine if your shorts don't work that way.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#21 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 10:59 PM
I, myself, do not use untuckables that much. Yours are just lovely and were accepted through the moderation queue. You did a very nice job. No need to change anything.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Not actually evil.
#22 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 11:51 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 13th Jul 2009 at 12:26 AM.
I hope I didn't come across as overly critical. My suggestions and requests were just that, suggestions and requests. You don't have to change anything if you don't want to. It's just that since I really like these shorts, I wanted to be able to pair them with as much as possible, including many of the CC shirts on MTS. I've already made small changes to this mesh for my own use, adjusted the UV map. If you are at all interested in updating your mesh to make it untuckable, I can upload the version I have, and you could just swap the GMDC, much less work for you.

updated version, small UV map changes

edit: I added a preg morph too, because I want my pregnant simmies to wear these with HP's and my pregnancy shirts. The updated GMDC is attached in a zip. Use it, don't use it, totally up to you.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  afBtmShorts Louise1991 UPDATED GMDC with PREG MORPH.zip (49.9 KB, 23 downloads)

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 8:29 AM
Thanks Cat!! Not being overcritical just very helpfull.

I will adjust it all and definitely use your pregnant morph. I hope i'll be able to do some of it today, but i'm going on holiday so i will have to pack a lot today .

Your changes really are amazing :D.
I'm going to use your gmdc and change it (and give you A LOT of credit )

Again: Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#24 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 9:06 PM
Default Thanking the request
Quote: Originally posted by Louise1991
@CatOfEvilGenius:
Thanks

There is a visible seam, i think ^^. There is a fat morph .
In-game pic with HP untuckable top coming up!
And i'm probably sounding really stupid right now, but i don't completely get the term untuckable *blush*. What is meant by that exactly?
I did UV-map the shorts of course.

@rpglover55: Thanks . I'll look into the non-logo thing, maybe make two different rar-files, with and without logo. Don't know if i'll manage before i'm going on a month-long holiday next tuesday, but if i don't, i'll get back to it after the holiday

Thanks Louise1991, I appreciate your dedication in answering my request. I have proposed to myself to make all the outfits in FFX-2, everyone are welcome to upload your outfits too.
Not actually evil.
#25 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 9:09 PM
You're welcome.

Page 1 of 2