Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 12:24 AM
The Sims film is actually coming:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims#Film
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 11:21 AM
Interesting by the way that people had to emphasize that an article from 2013 is not real...
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#28 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
The world as we know it. Doesn't mean the human population becomes extinct or the Earth goes kaboom!, just a change.
Isn't that when Judgement Day, when robots evolve sentience and decide to purge the world of meatbag humans, is?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
#29 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 5:40 AM
People keep calling this a hoax. It's not a hoax, but rather satire/humor. There is a difference.
Scholar
#30 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 2:38 PM
Seems more like fan fiction to me. I certainly wouldn't call it satire, or even humor.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Scholar
#31 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
Well, the publishing date proves it's a hoax, as it isn't valid. We all know the world ends on December 21, 2012.

The world as we know it. Doesn't mean the human population becomes extinct or the Earth goes kaboom!, just a change.

Anyway, obviously a hoax and way too earlier to discuss TS4. Heck, with today's economy, TS3 may be the last of the Sims franchise.

fa⋅ce⋅tious  /fəˈsiʃəs/ [fuh-see-shuhs] –adjective

1. not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetious remark.
2. amusing; humorous.
3. lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential, amusing, or frivolous: a facetious person.

Besides, being as the date will be my mumblemumble birthday, I'll be returning THAT particular "gift" as a do NOT want.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Suzicube
Wow, people are already arguing points of a very well written article on a fake game and how they could or could not do things. Who knows what the computing world will be like in 2013 even though it isn't that far away. It would be great if all these things were possible because it sounds like an awesome game. Let's not debate if this is actually possible or not. Let's just say "what if?"

Maybe we'll even be able to post messages in the past by then too!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Angstrom
More adventurous professions from previous Sims games - such as sports, music and crime - will be back with a vengeance in the expansion packs, says our guide.

I nearly snorted at that part. Can you imagine the uproar? The Criminal and Athletic careers have existed since The Sims 1 base game!

Either way, this article is, err, nicely done for the most part. o.O; The idea of a Goth family movie is just crazy though.

I'm not even sure right now if I'd want to get TS3, so TS4 is kinda out of the question, even if it existed.

And the requirements? Heh.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Angstrom
The Sims film is actually coming:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims#Film

Now where's the "gonk" emoticon when I need it? D:
Scholar
#35 Old 15th Jul 2009 at 11:24 PM
The Sims film is not actually coming. All that's happened is 2 years ago, Fox optioned it. All that means is that if a movie was going to be made, they call dibs on it. The only thing that has happened, as far as anyone knows, is they were working on a script in 2007. Nothing has happened since. From what I read of the synopsis that they were working toward, nothing ever will happen, if they know what's good for them. It was horrid.

Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 5:44 AM Last edited by Angstrom : 20th Jul 2009 at 7:17 AM.
Here is a new preview:

Quote:
A closer look at The Sims 4
Published on September 20, 2013

We were happy with The Sims 3. It was far from perfect, but the ability to take our Sims anywhere without loading screens made us forgive all little flaws. However, the early end to expansion packs, and competitors such as Hands-on Tycoon, Space Colony II and Reality Show - have created a need for a Sims sequel.

Create-a-Sim looks rather familiar. A feature worth waiting for is variable height. Though the allowed interval is rather short, and proportions for the tallest and shortest Sims might look a bit distorted, it adds individuality, and makes crowds much more realistic. The muscularity feature has also become enhanced - enough weight training and food will transform both male and female Sims into something like the Russian Gladiators.

The Maxis crew shows us around Armistice, one of the new neighborhoods. "The idea of Armistice was around already with The Sims 3. But when the CSA started this '50s craze, it felt totally natural." If you have been living in a cave for a year, you might have missed the Copyright Sunset Act, which moved all songs, movies and books from before 1960 into the public domain. One obvious result is literally thousands of cover versions of Rock Around The Clock and Hound Dog, and greaser fashion making a huge comeback. This fad has now reached as far as SimNation.

Most public buildings are now transparent. My favorite is the movie theater - complete with loveseats for teen dating, and a box office - a visit is not free, but is at least cheaper than setting up a silver screen at home for §15,000. There are different movie genres running - comedy, action, romance, and so on - appealing to different Sim personalities. A movie does not create a moodlet, but the Sim's fun meter might go "through the roof" and stay up for a day. A movie also brings a memory - making it less exciting to see the second time. Memories were in The Sims 2, but never contributed to gameplay. Now, a Sim almost always remember the first time they did something. They base conversations on their own memories, which seems to make sense in some ways.

Our guide now brings us back home, to a family watching the news channel. Though less fun than the movies, it builds the Civic skill, necessary for careers such as Finance and Education - and for teens to improve grades. Now, you really see the dark realism of The Sims 4. Occasionally, the news anchors report on crime, celebrity deaths and war. Children and sentimental Sims might be shocked by these (with a drop in Social, Fun and Bladder), and would be better off watch childrens' programmes instead.

The Furnisher is a very useful tool, which instantly (well, at least sort of) fills an empty room with objects, according to room type and budget. Of course, you can still do it the old-fashioned way.

Our guide proudly tells that they have finally filled the request for pre-schools. You never need to fear a toddler to be left alone - the last teen or adult leaving for school or work, automatically picks up the toddler to drop them off at pre-school. Bicycles have beautiful toddler seats.

"Pre-school teachers will be much smarter than the old nannies. Toddlers will also be more independent", says the guide, and shows a daredevil toddler trying to walk on his own, falling and crying out loud until comforted. He then crawls away to a floor mattress to get some sleep.

The game allows some mainstream body piercings (earlobes only for teens) - but not the entire body-art package of The Sims 3: Adventure. Angelina Jolie's and Johnny Depp's tattoo removals might have driven the ink out of The Sims 4, too.

The Sims 4 has a simpler, smoother interface, a very realistic atmosphere, and a lot of opportunities to shout "Ah, finally! I have longed for this since The Sims 1!" Still, many fans are afraid that this game might be just an expansion pack for the good-enough The Sims 3. A SimDay in Armistice might prove them wrong.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anthoric
You know, I honestly read somewhere that EA said that the Sims 3 would be the final Sims installment, meaning there would be no Sims 4.

I hope that's incorrect. I don't know why they would write off doing a TS4 before seeing the financial returns from TS3 and EP's (noting also that TS3 was released during awful economic times).

If they can't think of where else they can go creatively and what can be improved, they're pretty small-minded.

The person who came up with the supposed "article" had his own ideas. My big step forward, if I were in charge (outside of fixing the weaknesses), would be to fully simulate the actions of the sims.

The increased computing power four years from now would allow the computer to keep track of all sims' activities (only rendering in 3D what we can see, but the computer would know where everyone was and what they were doing at any given time, the kind of real story progression most of us wanted).

They'd have to work a lot on the AI, but the game generates Wishes pretty well right now; a big part of things would be just to have sims act on the wishes.
Instructor
#38 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gangreless
The Sims film is not actually coming. All that's happened is 2 years ago, Fox optioned it. All that means is that if a movie was going to be made, they call dibs on it. The only thing that has happened, as far as anyone knows, is they were working on a script in 2007. Nothing has happened since. From what I read of the synopsis that they were working toward, nothing ever will happen, if they know what's good for them. It was horrid.

Not to mention that over the last several years Fox has NOT been known for their greatness when it comes to TV at all. A movie based on the Sims franchise WITH such a studio behind it would be so bad it would probably do WORSE than any of the crap Uwe has spat out. *shudders*
Scholar
#39 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 6:27 AM
The whole point of The Sims is that we control them. If they were allowed to go around all willy nilly, acting on their wishes, you'd end up with one single female sim and 7 toddlers running around, then she'd burn the house down because she was so busy whoring around that she forgot she didn't know how to cook.

Also, I read that somewhere, as well, back when they were finishing up TS2 that TS3 would be the last one. There's no need for a TS4, just keep churning out eps for TS3.

Quote: Originally posted by Killmur
Not to mention that over the last several years Fox has NOT been known for their greatness when it comes to TV at all. A movie based on the Sims franchise WITH such a studio behind it would be so bad it would probably do WORSE than any of the crap Uwe has spat out. *shudders*

Yeah, I didn't think I had to mention that.. so I didn't. I just remember that one episode of Family Guy where they talk about being cancelled to make room for all the other "great" shows.

Lab Assistant
#40 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 6:50 AM
The whole point of The Sims is that we control them. If they were allowed to go around all willy nilly, acting on their wishes, you'd end up with one single female sim and 7 toddlers running around, then she'd burn the house down because she was so busy whoring around that she forgot she didn't know how to cook.

You're assuming crappy AI. Good AI and if she were unmarried she wouldn't even "Try for Baby" even if she were very Flirty and wanted kids. If she wanted kids more than she wanted different partners, she'd try to get herself a spouse. Otherwise, she'd just "Woohoo."

The fun is controlling sims that you want to control, and having other sims acting according to the personalities you give them.

That's what Indie Stone tries to simulate as best it can without the game's AI being sophisticated enough, or its capacity to track sims well enough supported by the computers most of us have today.
Inventor
#41 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 7:09 AM
Hahaha! Kudos to the writer of those "articles"! I love how the new "features" continue to be spastically limited by idiot EA. ("A feature worth waiting for is variable height. Though the allowed interval is rather short, and proportions for the tallest and shortest Sims might look a bit distorted, it adds individuality, and makes crowds much more realistic.") Gotta love that journalistic optimism. XD
We just all have to hope that this prophecy does NOT come true! ...Or get ourselves into the gaming industry so we can actually do something about it.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 5:44 AM
It is really hard to think this is real since its an article from the future...all i can say is how can this exist?

The Eclipse Forum Network

Check out the new Friday's Video game Forum!
http://fridaysforum.myfastforum.org
Scholar
#43 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dafoe2029
It is really hard to think this is real since its an article from the future...all i can say is how can this exist?

Ok, I'll say it. Are you serious?

Instructor
#44 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:00 AM
Gangreless I think she\he\it is being serious.
Scholar
#45 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:03 AM
I know, that's what scares me.

Instructor
#46 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:04 AM
It gets scarier. They started a thread about the sims movie...Dun dun dun!
Scholar
#47 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:06 AM

Anyway, obviously a hoax and way too earlier to discuss TS4. Heck, with today's economy, TS3 may be the last of the Sims franchise.

Every civilization ends horribly after about OOOOO 2,ooo years. Look up the average life span of a civilization. We also been with out any huge natural disasters. Back in the bible days the middle east was stricken with earthquakes and natural gas explosions. Several times volcanoes wiped out nearly half of earths human population (proved several times by noticing a bottle necking in genetics).

Yup worlds ending 12/21/10 I am betting meteor.

On another note has anyone been noting some disturbing signs. Unusal glowing clouds that are supposed to be only up north. The San Andreas fault has had some usual activity (vibrations but we have had a freakish number of small quakes some one after another for a few days). Volcano's both in Russia and Alaska going. The sand turned black and glittered like gold after a small off shore quake off of OC CA. Planes spontaneously loosing altitude, the solar eclipse.

Wouldn't be freaky if Yellow Stone blows?

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Scholar
#48 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:06 AM
Obviously, they didn't read my explanation of the whole thing.

QFT

Lab Assistant
#49 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:08 AM
I know, that's what scares me.

yes i was serious. but now i am thiniing i shouldnt be... i dont understand this then.

The Eclipse Forum Network

Check out the new Friday's Video game Forum!
http://fridaysforum.myfastforum.org
Scholar
#50 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy
Every civilization ends horribly after about OOOOO 2,ooo years. Look up the average life span of a civilization. We also been with out any huge natural disasters. Back in the bible days the middle east was stricken with earthquakes and natural gas explosions. Several times volcanoes wiped out nearly half of earths human population (proved several times by noticing a bottle necking in genetics).

Yup worlds ending 12/21/10 I am betting meteor.

On another note has anyone been noting some disturbing signs. Unusal glowing clouds that are supposed to be only up north. The San Andreas fault has had some usual activity (vibrations but we have had a freakish number of small quakes some one after another for a few days). Volcano's both in Russia and Alaska going. The sand turned black and glittered like gold after a small off shore quake off of OC CA. Planes spontaneously loosing altitude, the solar eclipse.

Wouldn't be freaky if Yellow Stone blows?

Ok, are you being serious?

On a completely unrelated sidenote, people who do not have a keen grasp of sarcasm/satire/humor/facetiousness/fan-fiction should refrain from replying to such posts, lest they make other people think less of them.

Locked thread | Locked by: mangaroo Reason: rest in peace, little zombie thread of predictions
Page 2 of 10