Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy
Every civilization ends horribly after about OOOOO 2,ooo years. Look up the average life span of a civilization. We also been with out any huge natural disasters. Back in the bible days the middle east was stricken with earthquakes and natural gas explosions. Several times volcanoes wiped out nearly half of earths human population (proved several times by noticing a bottle necking in genetics).

Yup worlds ending 12/21/10 I am betting meteor.

On another note has anyone been noting some disturbing signs. Unusal glowing clouds that are supposed to be only up north. The San Andreas fault has had some usual activity (vibrations but we have had a freakish number of small quakes some one after another for a few days). Volcano's both in Russia and Alaska going. The sand turned black and glittered like gold after a small off shore quake off of OC CA. Planes spontaneously loosing altitude, the solar eclipse.

Wouldn't be freaky if Yellow Stone blows?

actually i dont beleive it but i heard that the world is to end in 2012.

The Eclipse Forum Network

Check out the new Friday's Video game Forum!
http://fridaysforum.myfastforum.org
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:20 AM
ROFLH there will be no true end to the world, even if there is I'm certian cock roaches will do fine. And see the worlds not ended. LOL

Edit: SORRY my games taking forever to load and I just feel like growing two horns and a tail. If you think me all crazy, well, your right.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Field Researcher
#53 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 7:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dafoe2029

Well I guess I'll be the one to kindly point this out.
These a just for fun. Not from the future or anything like that. I'm not entirely sure how old you are, or your attention to detail. But you should really pay more attention before people start to flame you, like hardcore.

anyway,
These a beautifully done. But I must ask did the "guide" mention anything about weather? :D
lol I like this thread

Stand up for what you believe in, even if you stand alone.
My exchange page (50+ creations)
Scholar
#54 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 7:21 AM
+2 points to mbunnell for having more patience and restraint than I ever could, haha

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 5:12 PM
i will have you all know that i am 18 years old. I am just stupid :D

The Eclipse Forum Network

Check out the new Friday's Video game Forum!
http://fridaysforum.myfastforum.org
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 2:22 AM
i will have you all know that i am 18 years old. I am just stupid :D

... Some days... I'd love to be in your situation again. heh
Scholar
#57 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 2:30 AM
I wouldn't want to be 18 again, but I'd love to be 27 again.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 5:14 AM
Well I never said you were stupid. I said you were implied you need to cool your horses before jumping in a topic head long and read the posts made. Not just the first. Otherwise you'll get exactly the response you're getting now.
Which is people thinking you're stupid.
Just cause you're 18 in no excuse to have no patience. See as I'm 18 and I have obviously have tons to not be roasting you for your absolutely ridiculous posts. =]

Top Secret Researcher
#59 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 5:19 AM

Yay! I can't wait to play Earth 2!
Field Researcher
#60 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 5:44 AM
lmao I think Simbalena just took the trophy for my favorite post ever.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#61 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 2:37 AM Last edited by Angstrom : 25th Jul 2009 at 6:02 AM.
Here is a review of The Sims 4:

Quote:
Review of The Sims 4: Prepared for addiction
Published on November 23, 2013

Yes, the legendary Sims franchise is back, in its fourth iteration. This is one of the hottest game releases for Christmas, and the keyword for this time seems to be "realism".

Many gamers pronounce this word with despise. In video games, "realism" is often a diplomatic phrase for dull colors, micro-management, idle time and cluttered interfaces.

But the realism in The Sims 4 is not about that. It is about making characters more alive than the Desperate Housewives. Or maybe a reality show would be a better comparison, since it is truly unpredictable.

When it comes to coloring, the game takes advantage of the high-contrast LCD screens which are ubiquitous since around 2010. Bright cartoonish colors were needed ten years ago to help visibility, but now natural wood and stone textures get so much justice that no artificial coloring is needed.

Your first experience of this will be Create-a-Sim. Skin actually looks more like skin than plastic now - The "uncanny valley" seems to be a myth. Here I also noticed some refinements of gameplay.

Middle-agers and elders now receive skills and money at creation, making them much more useful. At last you can start a household with someone who can prepare food other than salads and sandwiches, and afford more than a simple shack.

Create-A-Sim also has a name generator, which can be set to English, Heritage (dependent on Sim's race), Inter-cultural (giving mixed-up names such as Moshe Singh) or Simlish. My first (female) Sim got the Simlish name "Lirio Gwadi". George Lucas couldn't have chosen a better name.

The carpools, which have brought Sims to work during the first three games, are gone. With private cars, bicycles, buses and taxis, this is not a problem. Many workplaces also lend a service vehicle to qualified employees.

Lirio dreamt of becoming a Sustainable Power Expert, so she started out as a "Recycling Technician" at the Brownfield Power Plant. Riding the crowded bus before dawn to the stinking Brownfield industrial zone, getting filthy, stressed out and uncomfortable, did not make Lirio happy. However, each workplace in The Sims 4 has a crew area - a fully visible building where employees can eat and relax. The Power Plant takes good care of Lirio and other employees, offering a food stand, a hot tub and a massage chair. And we did not mention the fat paycheck yet.

My next Sim worked as a teacher. Though the new friendships and short work hours were enjoyable, the job paid much less, and the crew room was not much more than a worn-down library. In other words, careers feel much more authentic now.

Back home, Sims now do many daily activities faster, such as sleeping (six hours a night seemed good enough for Lirio), showering, cooking and picking up litter (each one having their own litter-bag). Though workdays are mostly eight hours long, Sims still have plenty of time on their hands. The speed settings work great - fast forward is literally fast, and the new "slow motion" mode is both enjoyable and useful. Shall we hope for an expansion pack to include bullet time?

The setting of Sims' lifespan has been more refined, as relationships and skills always scale accordingly. Playing a Short lifespan can lead to two Sims getting in love, marriage and developed pregnancy in 24 hours, sort of Vegas-style, and a novice painter becoming a master during a weekend. With the Epic lifespan, the player needs to be patient, or use Fast Forward frequently.

Another great revolution is health. Diseases are back, with challenges such as chicken-pox, cooties (a family-friendly rendering of STD:s) and heart attacks. A new skill - Medicine - does not only allow Sims to make a career at the hospital, but also to treat some of these conditions. The best doctors can even perform plastic surgery, giving other Sims a completely new face.

In previous Sims games, dying Sims were simply helpless victims waiting for the Grim Reaper. Now, there is often time to call in an ambulance, while the unfortunate Sim see their lives in review, and the proverbial tunnel, while Mr. Reaper struggles against the paramedics. A Sim lucky enough to survive a fatal trauma will be grateful for every new day they get to live.

And The Sims 4 is a great place to be alive. Of course some of the Sims 3 features left out of this game - such as stone collecting, property investment or ultra-expensive cars, but I don't miss a single one of them.

There is no Music career, but isn't it much more fun playing with a real band in a real bar? (Yes, we have bass guitars - and even saxophones!) There is no Professional Sports career either, but doesn't it make much more sense that you can see your Sim coaching real aerobics classes?

The risk for addiction is apparent. Maxis seems to have reacted on the uproar from parents afraid of their children spending too much time by the computer - the interface includes a real-world clock with a timer, telling how long the game has played. And the numbers could get really big.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 3:13 AM
where are these quotes from? Could someone please give me a link to whatever website these quotes are from? Thanks.
Theorist
#63 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 3:14 AM
Quote:
Another great revolution is health. Diseases are back, with challenges such as chicken-pox, cooties (a family-friendly rendering of STD:s) and heart attacks. A new skill - Medicine - does not only allow Sims to make a career at the hospital, but also to treat some of these conditions.

That would be interesting. Your Sim gets cooties and then their spouse/lover tells them and their relationship drops dramatically

~~~The Official Nintendork Island~~~
"I cannot love you like this anymore..... Alejandro"
Scholar
#64 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EmilyJud
where are these quotes from? Could someone please give me a link to whatever website these quotes are from? Thanks.

Seriously?
Did you actually read them?

Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Field Researcher
#65 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 5:37 AM
HOW MANY TIMES MUST IT BE SAID.

Sighhhhh Emily. It's just a joke. For humor. Bright peoples boring lives just a tad.

It's not real

ON TOPIC

I WANT SIM COOTIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Lab Assistant
#66 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mbunnell
HOW MANY TIMES MUST IT BE SAID.

Sighhhhh Emily. It's just a joke. For humor. Bright peoples boring lives just a tad.

It's not real

ON TOPIC

I WANT SIM COOTIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Uhm, they did still come from a website of some description. She just wanted to see the website, they might have other humerous posts. At least that's what I think she's looking for..
Scholar
#67 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 2:28 PM
orrr... the op made them up!

Test Subject
#68 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 2:34 PM
I like reading such fanfiction, also considering how realistically it was written and how many here reacted accordingly I thought all people playing The Sims would have some sense of humor or they would at least notice the 2013 and realize this is just fiction, but sometimes I forget that most people playing The Sims are a lot younger....
I do wish some of these things in the 'article' would be featured in TS3 like diseases and more ways of dying and less of the Grim Reaper.
Scholar
#69 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 2:38 PM
At 13 years of age, you should be able to discern dates from the past and future compared to the present. It's no excuse. And I wouldn't blame age, it's that they don't pay attention while reading, they just skim through and skip to the end then ask questions that have already been addressed.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#70 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 2:34 AM
Does this forum have a 13 year limit?
Scholar
#71 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 2:57 AM
Yes, you have to be 13 years or older to register an account. That's why we are asked for our correct birthdate at registration.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#72 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 3:02 AM
Well, my memory seems to be short.
Scholar
#73 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 3:06 AM
Are you 13 or older?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#74 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 3:23 AM
I'm 29. What kind of proof could I give?
Scholar
#75 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 3:25 AM Last edited by Gangreless : 27th Jul 2009 at 8:10 AM.
haha, you don't need proof, this isn't the dmv

Locked thread | Locked by: mangaroo Reason: rest in peace, little zombie thread of predictions
Page 3 of 10