Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ooga booga
i've said it before and i'll say it again, get to work on facial structures.

Ok. I just like to take things one step at a time.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 12:57 AM Last edited by neonal18 : 23rd Jul 2009 at 1:10 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SnowWhiteCharming
OH! What about poison Ivy? I'd be interested in designing the sims to go with your outfits. Also, Catwoman.

Ya, I was thinking about doing Ivy as my next girl. Catwoman would probably be difficult because I'd have to design a new mesh, though. That'd be great if you could design the Sims for me! What do you mean by that, exactly?(I know, stupid thing to say how I feel about something then ask what it means)
Field Researcher
#28 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by neonal18
Ya, I was thinking about doing Ivy as my next girl. For Catwoman, however, I'd probably have to create a new mesh. That'd be great if you could design the Sims for me! What do you mean by that, exactly?(I know, stupid thing to say how I feel about something then ask what it means)

LOL! I just meant you could make the clothing and I could make the faces to go with the clothing. Just an offer, won't hurt my feelings if you prefer to do the sculpt yourself.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 1:06 AM
i'd advise doing facial structures first. that way you'll be designing the appearance to fit the facial structure as opposed to making the facial structure fit onto the makeup/skintones

I no longer make sims, if you wish to contact me through this site it is highly unlikely that you will receive a reply.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 1:11 AM
i'd advise doing facial structures first. that way you'll be designing the appearance to fit the facial structure as opposed to making the facial structure fit onto the makeup/skintones

That's true, actually. Which might mean it would just be easier for you to do it yourself. That way you don't have any down time or w/e.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 1:19 AM
Heh, I edited my post, but went away for a while and came back after you quoted it. OK, I'll do it, but thanks for the offer, though(although I DO like downtime). So which version of Poison Ivy should I do?
Field Researcher
#32 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 1:37 AM
Well I tend to lean towards this:
http://www.cartoondepot.com/pages/i...oison%20Ivy.jpg

But here are a few others to look at.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1258...1d9f4ffff_o.jpg
and
http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs31/f/2..._axelalonso.jpg

...The last one, however. I think I'd cover her boobs up a little more. >:T I think it's just a little TOO revealing. And especially for other people who may download it...if they want to change her skin to a custom one they have, that custom skin might have lady parts up top...which would almost definitely be revealed in an outfit like that. What I like best about it is the boots and the funky sleeve thingies...plus, I think it's more dark and so is closer to the theme you've already got going.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 2:18 AM
I actually think this would be a good opportunity to exercise my passion for mixing parts of various sources to create a custom skin. I could really make a good outfit out of those. If that's looked down upon, though, I'll choose one to do.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 2:46 AM
I think it's fine to create your own rendition and interpretation of an outfit etc., just make sure you mention it's not meant to be an exact replica of any one outfit, it's a combination of various styles and interpretations.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 2:56 AM
yeah, that's why it took me so long to get my Heath Ledger Joker up on this site, if i'd just said the joker I would've got him up alot sooner, but because I mentioned Heath Ledger as Joker they raised the expectations and as a result I spent so much time on his face sculpt that my sims facial structure is spot on with heath's actual face. that's also why i'd suggest making the comic book joker, you'd have to outdo two Ledger Jokers that are on this site. and getting a joker sim up then was hell, but now, it'd be rediculously difficult.

I no longer make sims, if you wish to contact me through this site it is highly unlikely that you will receive a reply.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 2:56 AM
Okey-dokey! I'll start tomorrow! I'd start right now but it's 10 PM where I am and I'm tired.
Instructor
#37 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 3:06 AM
while you have a good start, the outfits and face masks are simple maxis re-colors, and the meshes need quite a bit of work as well.... what you need to do is get a great face sculpt going, and then work on the outfits... because without a good face sculpt, the sim will be rejected regardless.....

I don't take requests. :-)

"You with this lovely baby blue/green huge eyes and this evil touch...couldn't be more adorable" - My Vera
Forum Resident
#38 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 3:26 AM
yeah, I was holding back on saying it, but Wicked Poppies is right. there is alot more work to do

Field Researcher
#39 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 4:02 AM
yeah, that's why it took me so long to get my Heath Ledger Joker up on this site, if i'd just said the joker I would've got him up alot sooner, but because I mentioned Heath Ledger as Joker they raised the expectations and as a result I spent so much time on his face sculpt that my sims facial structure is spot on with heath's actual face. that's also why i'd suggest making the comic book joker, you'd have to outdo two Ledger Jokers that are on this site. and getting a joker sim up then was hell, but now, it'd be rediculously difficult.

Oh yeah...that's where I recognize your SN from. Awesome job on him, btw. Hey, do I have to have a sapphiresims account to look at your stuff there, too?

And neonal you've got a lot of work ahead of you. Offer still open 'bout the sim sculpts, in case you'd want to throw a couple my way so it'd be less work for you. Either way is fine! I can't wait to see it all when it's finished, though!

I am the darkness
I am the night
I.AM.BATMAN!
Forum Resident
#40 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 5:49 AM
yeah, but SS2 is free and is as easy to sign up with as here.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 11:23 AM
Jeez, the mod is only in the first stage; don't you all think I planned to go back and check over my work? And it'd be great if you could do the facial sculpts, but like everyone said, it might be easier to do the sculpts first, which means I should do it. And is the facial sculpting applied to the actual meshes?
Unsocialized Homeschooler
#42 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 6:05 PM
No, the facial sculpting as in your Sim's face in bodyshop.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 7:04 PM
Oh, ok. That's MUCH easier. Although some will require mesh editing, like Two-Face.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 2:45 PM
I know I said I would get Ivy started yesterday, but I was having a busy summer, so I didn't get to. I'm a gonna start on the face sculpt now. Should I have her with Caucasian skin or green skin?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 12:27 PM
I did her face sculpt. Here's a pic:

I did it based on the second pic. I would have done it on the first pic but the website was apparently reported as an attack site and I couldn't get to it due to my security system. I also made a custom hair texture and slightly edited the hair mesh. I found a way for the Milkshape tutorial to work for Blender. I will edit it more in the future. And no, that isn't her dress, I just put her in the green plant dress for...well...obvious reasons.
Theorist
#46 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 12:55 PM
Bring her nose down about 3 or 4 clicks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 2:00 PM
OK, here's the modified face. Up until now, I had never use modifiers: quite stupid of me.

Field Researcher
#48 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 4:53 PM
She just looks like a regular old Maxis creation. You need more personality into her!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 6:10 PM
All I could think of was to give her some green eyeshadow. What else do you think I could do? Here's a pic:

Oh, and progress may be a little bit slower for the next few days for this reason: I like to create videos with special effects as a hobby, and I filmed a new one today, so I'll be working on that, too.
Instructor
#50 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 6:25 PM
^That's still very maxis. If you want to upload her you have to make an unique face. Change the shape of the eyes, make the eyebrows curvier, etc, try moving with all the sliders, experiment with them without being afraid of messing up, you might find some good results. Nose masks and custom skintones also help creating a diferent look. Use some non-maxis make up to make the look diferent.

hi!
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: Very old, but lots of good info.
Page 2 of 18