Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buyable Rock Spawners (Gem, Metal [Ore], and Meteor)

by Snaitf Posted 24th Jul 2009 at 9:31 PM - Updated 26th Jul 2009 at 7:20 PM by Snaitf

68 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 64 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 11:04 PM
That's so great to do that without going all over the town to find them
Forum Resident
#3 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 11:29 PM
oooh interesting, thank you!
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 12:49 AM
Just a yesterday, I moved my sims into a house only to find, 3 gems in the backyard. The third, the most rare, pink diamond. I said to myself, "wow. I could get used to this.." Thanks for reading my mind. Now all my sims can find diamaonds in thir back yards. Mwahaha!
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 8:58 AM
Question does this work with your other spawner mods? I would like to be able to use all 3,

great mods thanks
Sir Not Appearing In This Film
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 9:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by boneys26
Question does this work with your other spawner mods? I would like to be able to use all 3,

great mods thanks

yes, they work fine together
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 10:25 AM
thank you thank you thank you,
buyable spawners are something I've been dreaming of since I got the game!

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift, that is why
We call it the Present.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 10:29 AM
Why is there no option to add a favorite, favorite creator? ;D Thanks and thanks and thanks.
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 12:43 PM
awesome thanks
Theorist
#10 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 6:07 PM
This is awesome, thanks for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 11:11 PM
Great work, makes my lethargic sims happy!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 7:55 AM
Buyable Spawners, Genius!! Great work
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 2:12 AM
the plutonium spawners is spawning palladium and the huge meteor spawners are only spawning large meteors. or are these things really rare and not allowed to spawn until you get to a certain point in collecting?

but other than that thank you!
Test Subject
#14 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 3:13 AM Last edited by ggm92 : 27th Jul 2009 at 3:34 AM.
where can i find metals like palladiun and etc ?
its only appear the meteor for me
Inventor
#15 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 5:17 AM
Awesome I just made a sim that I want to collect all the gems at least this way it won't be a hard to get a Pink Diamond. In all my expeditions I've only found one.
Eminence Grise
#16 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 6:57 AM
If you want to tune the behavior of these spawners, btw, they're controlled by XML. You can use Morgade's mod generator to make each one behave as you'd like ( http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=353622 )
Test Subject
#17 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ScorpioMaurus
Awesome I just made a sim that I want to collect all the gems at least this way it won't be a hard to get a Pink Diamond. In all my expeditions I've only found one.

I have picked up 300-400 gems spawned by these, but only found ONE pink diamond. It was spawned by the epic one. I have placed lots of each type of spawner, at least 10-20 of each.
Test Subject
#18 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 7:43 PM
help me
whee cni fnd the metals (ore) because they ae not showing in my gme
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ggm92
help me
whee cni fnd the metals (ore) because they ae not showing in my gme

If you mean they aren't showing at all (under build mode in the rocks category) then try deleting your cache files, that helped someone get access to my fish spawners.

If you mean you can place the spawner, but don't see any rocks/gems/metals, you need to wait a while before they start showing up.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:31 AM
Can these be used on community lots, and do they show up with the Collection Helper?

-Zenka
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 11:19 PM Last edited by Gillianivy : 28th Jul 2009 at 11:22 PM. Reason: re-read description, answered half my questions.
Okay, I've waited several sim days, and not a single rock, bug, butterfly, nor seed spawned. ......answered bit.......
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 9:50 PM
Yeah, me too. I placed those, including the other ones-bugs and seeds, and they did not appear at all. I placed those on the floors, and there are no actual items appearing. They are just empty like invisible items.
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 9:59 PM
chimp78 - The spawners ARE empty/invisilbe items. They're just a blank square, but they should start spawning items a sim day or so later.

Gillianivy - I'm not sure what's wrong, they're working just fine here and for others. Perhaps try deleting your cache files? Or maybe you already have too many spawned rocks/butterflies/seeds around town, I think there may be a set cap defined in the XML files.

witchzenka - yes and yes
Test Subject
#24 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 9:45 PM Last edited by Michaelo : 31st Jul 2009 at 9:59 PM.
If anyone wants to know, i have tested the epic gem spawner a bit more and found out that it seems to spawn only rubys, tanzanite, diamonds and pink diamonds.

It seems to spawn about 20% each of rubys, tanzanite, and pink diamonds, and 40% diamonds, but i have found only 40 gems from epic so it's not sure.
Test Subject
#25 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 11:49 PM
My game starts hanging if ive placed too many of them, and its only with gem spawners, the butterfly and bug ones work fine. I want to remove them from my lot, because i spen a lot of time building it and have no wish rebuilding it. But the dig a hole remove them does not work. They are invisible and unselectable, and i know exactly where i placed them.... any suggestions?
Page 1 of 3