Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 2:40 PM
The Chinese have the dragon superstition.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 2:43 PM
Maybe they can revive the Nightlife gypsy in a European region... And it wouldn't take much to recolor a magic gnome to look like a leprechaun.
Typical
#28 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 2:45 PM
Looks good to me. I'm not getting why people aren't liking this coming out first, though. To me, it seems to fit in very well with the seamless neighbourhood.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 2:48 PM
see, Lew, that's what I'm saying! People are jumping to conclusions.
Instructor
#30 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 2:59 PM
No doubt it looks stunning - some great scenery in this Egypt themed area, I like the detail in some of the objects displayed too. I can't wait to see France and China! I am imagining the Eiffel tower but built like a plumbob.

I'm not too excited yet as there isn't much information about gameplay. It'd be slightly redundant if it's all about travelling to collect secret items or something as mundane.
Scholar
#31 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 2:59 PM
Indeed, I agree with you Lew and Ri. With the seamless neighbourhood, a Vacation-style expansion pack would fit snugly into it. Not only that, but it does give people partly what they want - a new area to explore, outside of the two current neighbourhoods. I do wonder if it will be a location just for vacationing, or if they will include the possibility of living there too. In the background of one picture, there were what looked like small houses as in Cairo, Egypt. Still, the open shops looked nifty and authentic.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#32 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 3:02 PM
Not really fond of the idea - I didn't like BV very much at all, but as long as there's new stuff to explore and new things to collect, I'll be happy.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 3:03 PM
Mmmh...That looks not bad at all. It seems Bon Voyage done in the right way. I was supposing that destinations in World Adventures or however they would have call'd it would be placed in RL countries, since many object descriptions referred to real places.

I think that they'll be forced to implement seasons. They didn't pack all the stuff together in TS2 because, when BV was announced, seasons and climate were already implemented.

Anyway, there will be also 1,000 simpoints included with the EP. New pay items on the way?

Winning the Game
Don't be absurd. This is an EA game! What's to win? You have already lost 50 bucks when you bought a game that contains even less than TS2 base game, and you're gonna spend ten times more if you want to get all the features that you enjoyed in TS2!
--The Sims 3 Prima Guide
Test Subject
#34 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmahollic
@ aurora moon: they did have assigned rooms. when you first arrived, you chose the rooms you wanted.
people kept on telling me ages ago when I first got BV...

but that was the thing. I did assign them rooms, but other sims would still come into their hotel rooms and sleep in beds that wasn't supposed to be theirs. :-\

It was proably an glitch that shouldn't even had happened, and I kept on waiting for them to come out with a patch to fix this. But they never did.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 3:26 PM Last edited by Aled : 3rd Aug 2009 at 3:59 PM.
I'm loving it. Makes me want to buy the base game. In fact, I think I'll buy this coming weekend.
This prolly means that we won't be getting any neighborhood creation options. I think they're sticking to the seamless world thing.
But I do hope there will be nice, swimmable beaches. That was what I loved about BV.

Another thing, the man in the pics looks like he's based on Brendan Fraser(The Mummy). I predict that mummies will be one of the magical creatures in this EP. (I'm surprised no one thought of it lol)

"Go on, the world is your canvas."
Mad Poster
#36 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 4:10 PM
Well, even if we don't get custom neighborhoods, as long as we get an entire world to interact with I'll be just fine. ^_^
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 4:18 PM
I just hope they include weather. I mean It would make sense to include it right??
Mad Poster
#38 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 4:21 PM
Like I said, different areas of the world have different climates, so it would be an extremely good idea to put them in. I mean, it isn't going to always be sunny in the rainforest, is it? [EXAMPLE]
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 4:23 PM
I miss snow holidays from TS1.
I'm hoping for weather because Seasons was my favourite EP, but I doubt it - it will probs be in a totally seperate EP.
But I love how they're based on real life places. :]
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#40 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aurora Moon
but that was the thing. I did assign them rooms, but other sims would still come into their hotel rooms and sleep in beds that wasn't supposed to be theirs. :-\

You were meant to lock the door!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#41 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimOperations

>> Sims can travel to three destinations (at least) in China, France and Egypt
>> Sims must book holidays via the phone or the computer
>> Sims can live permenantly in the destinations
>> Sims can purchase a holiday home in one of these destinations
>> Landmarks, such as the pyramids, will appear in the game native to the respective country
>> Sims can enter certain buildings and landmarks
>> Players can open chest, remove rubble and more to discover treasure and collectables
>> New skills are introduced to help the player whilst in these destinations
>> More traits will be introduced
>> Destination opportunites will be introduced

Looks like new traits!

Quote: Originally posted by SimOperations
The Sims 3 lets your sim live in an open, seamless neighbourhood, but now you can take your sim out of Sunset Valley or Riverview and into a new world destination. While exploring the landmarks of an exotic city, there is no telling what the Sims will find. From mastering martial arts in Shang Simla, China, discovering rich culture and famous landmarks on a romantic getaway to Champs Les Sims, France or exploring the depths of ancient tombs in Al Simhara, Egypt, players can take their Sims on a journey that will change their Sims’ lives. Players can accept challenges to search for secret treasures, learn new skills and chase down new personal opportunities, meet new Sims with unique personalities, share their culture and bring them home, discover new styles on their travels, and share everything they encounter on their adventures with the world through personal photographs, movies, and stories.

I like the sound of this!
Scholar
#42 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 4:35 PM
YESSSSS! I've always wanted to go to Egypt to see the pyramids (I wanted to be an Archaeologist when I was a kid and discover a lost pharoah's tomb ), but there's that whole thing with having "hostage" stamped on your passport as soon as you enter the country. I wasn't thrilled about another BV when the rumors were flying, but the fact that they're using actual destinations... many of which I hope to visit someday myself...totally changes my whole perspective. An Egyptian destination was more than I ever expected (mostly I just download CC and create Egyptian based neighborhood and the like). Now I can't wait for Christmas! I'm giving Santa my Christmas list today and I'm going to work on being a good girl...until Christmas...then I'm sending my sims to Egypt and all bets are off (I hope I can bring home a mummy). Do you remember the skeleton maid in Makin' Magic? Wouldn't it be cool to be able to bring a mummy back that you could knock on his case and he was like an undead Servo? That would be so wicked!

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 4:38 PM
You have to remember though, the game isn't set in stone.
Forum Resident
#44 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 4:39 PM
At first I wasn't so sure on this, but reading the information we've got on it, it doesn't sound too bad, infact if they work at it, it could be a very successful EP. I love the idea of new skills, traits and being able to live in the destinations. Sounds like a much better Bon Voyage.
Test Subject
#45 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corrie
What if they are fixing the problems in the base game. And releasing it with this new EP?

HAAAHAAAAHAAAA... *laughs with sarcasm*

..but you are right, let's be optimistic...! *crosses fingers with doubt in the eyes*
Forum Resident
#46 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 4:42 PM
Weeeee. I'm excited! Finally, something for sims to do besides go to work!

I think this looks super exciting. The stills look kind of like movie sets, like your sim becomes Indiana Jones.

I really hope there's like a sims Eiffle Tower.

This doesn't remind me too much of Vacation or BV. It seems different, like there are new types of gameplay, which is a good sign. I hate rehashing the same stuff over and over again. If I wanted to play Nightlife, I would play TS2 Nightlife.

Not sure why people want to hate on this before they even give it a chance. Guess what-- you haven't played it. You have no idea what it's going to be like. You're getting all upset about something of your own imagining. I'm sick of that attitude. How many people boohooed about how much TS3 was going to suck and went out and bought it and played it anyway? Why assume something is going to be terrible and that you aren't going to like it? Do you act like that with everything in your life? Must make you pretty miserable.

Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.

Lab Assistant
#47 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 4:42 PM
Am still not too excited about it but then again its too early to say. It looks like they are only giving three destinations so far, would have liked to have India as well!I'm sure we will get new careers like archaeology, can't wait to see what new traits they have!
Scholar
#48 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 4:43 PM
I think it sounds interesting. Ninjas..........

And I see that knapsack that guy has on. Hopefully that will make the people in the BAG thread happy.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Forum Resident
#49 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 4:45 PM
It looks very pretty. I don't get the hate with BV, I thought it was better than Vacations.

I was hoping for Nightlife first, tho.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewjen
Looks good to me. I'm not getting why people aren't liking this coming out first, though. To me, it seems to fit in very well with the seamless neighbourhood.

I'm not so sure it does... How do you reckon they'll do it? Turn the seemless neighbourhood into a seemless world? I doubt it, but if they did that it would be fine. Not looking forward to the return of load screens. (I can guess the message during startup already... "reloading load-screens")

I think they should focus on adding and expanding possibilities of the seemless neighbourhood first, before adding new places to travel to. If it's the same routines in a different setting, it will get boring very soon.
Page 2 of 26