Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#51 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 6:08 PM
I hope there is a beach place, like BV had. So far, France, China, and Egypt don't sound very beachy...

Maybe Hawaii or Brazil...I want the option of having my sims go chill out on the beach, instead of just fishing...
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 6:13 PM
I can't imagine a vacation expansion without the beach. EA may not be perfect, but I don't think they're that stupid. -relentlessoptimismplz-
Forum Resident
#53 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 6:21 PM
It looks awesome! I'd love to see some matchmaking gypsies in France I wonder if theyll reveal more destinations later?
Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RiBlan
see, Lew, that's what I'm saying! People are jumping to conclusions.

The reason why I'm a bit unhappily surprised about a Bon voyage remake being the first EP is because I wished the developers would focus on enhancing the main neighborhood before adding destinations. I don't want to have to travel outside the neighborhood everytime I want something exciting to happen. The neighborhood is too ordinary and quaint, a Nightlife EP would of been gladly appreciated.

Nevertheless, I am excited about World Adventures mainly because it's the first EP. The features so far sound very exciting! I hope WA finally makes good use of the vacation idea. Its predecessors have failed tremendously. I also wish that WA impacts the main neighborhood too. If you didn't go on vacations in TS2, BV was useless.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 6:54 PM Last edited by mdossantos047 : 3rd Aug 2009 at 7:05 PM.
I'm already predicting the story progression bugs in this...

The Sims you aren't currently controlling will CONSTANTLY go on vacation...
Instructor
#56 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 7:09 PM
Not my ideal first choice for a xpac. Oh the wiki entry for this xpac needs to be updated cause Maxis did NOT develop TS3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Si...orld_Adventures
Theorist
#57 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdossantos047
..Non Playable sims that will CONSTANTLY go on vacation...

I know a handful of people who actually DO Constantly go on Holliday - They take up about 4 or 5 places a year, And thats not including things like Extended Weekends or Inside-The-Country Stuff. Its Mad, I hate it

Overall, I am.. OK about this EP. Maybe with the whole Frace stuff, they will add NightLife opertunities; With the Far East, they can add some of the things we liked from TS2's BV; And it goes without saying that Egypt will most likely add new things like Bartering, Collecting, and Handycrafts! [HP WILL be Pleased ]

However, I am more interested in the World Creator. Maybe, EA take note, they could add a Fourth destination; which (using the WC) could take the form of whatever you fancy. Beaches? Hotels? Tourism? The Whole Lot! I mean, Most places you can go to are actually more of the same (Beach Holliday in Spain is very similar to a Beach holliday in.. say.. America, or Italy! Right?) It would be Great for EA to let the Creator decide what they want in their destination, not be limited by Three choices that might not appeal to everyone. PLUS, When NEW EPs come out (IE: Weather) The "4th" slot can be used to create Winter Snow hollidays, [Most likely Wet] Country breaks, or even Mountaining Breaks...

I'm Looking Open for this EP.. Its not like its set in stone yet, right?!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Scholar
#58 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thanatozz
I'm not so sure it does... How do you reckon they'll do it? Turn the seemless neighbourhood into a seemless world? I doubt it, but if they did that it would be fine. Not looking forward to the return of load screens. (I can guess the message during startup already... "reloading load-screens")

I think they should focus on adding and expanding possibilities of the seemless neighbourhood first, before adding new places to travel to. If it's the same routines in a different setting, it will get boring very soon.

In order to stop loading screens, I think a possibility would be to have a separate option in the main neighbourhood menu: Holiday 'Hoods, for example.

Perhaps their immediate thought isn't to create a beach-y vacation area because Sunset Valley has two beaches already, to sunbathe and watch the sea and such. New options to play on the beach, like sandcastles could feasibly be added though.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 7:27 PM
Sunset Valley has -three- beaches. There's a hidden one.
Forum Resident
#60 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 7:28 PM
Boring.
Instructor
#61 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
The reason why I'm a bit unhappily surprised about a Bon voyage remake being the first EP is because I wished the developers would focus on enhancing the main neighborhood before adding destinations. I don't want to have to travel outside the neighborhood everytime I want something exciting to happen. The neighborhood is too ordinary and quaint, a Nightlife EP would of been gladly appreciated.

Exactly my thoughts. The main neighbourhoods lack night clubs, restaurants, I mean real restaurants, not just rabbit holes, the same goes for shops. And how about sports like basketball, football, bowling, skating, whatever. There is more to life than just going to parks and eating grilled hot-dogs or fishing with the Reaper standing behind your back. In short, I hoped that the main neighbourhoods will get some improvement before we start sending our Sims to discover the new world.
Instructor
#62 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 7:34 PM
I am loving the whole egyptian thing, but I was hoping for pets and nightclubs...

^_^
Test Subject
#63 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 7:36 PM
Can't wait. Hopefully the game brings more challenges so there is a goal and reward for me to work towards than just a career.
Mad Poster
#64 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frakusv2
Can't wait. Hopefully the game brings more challenges so there is a goal and reward for me to work towards than just a career.

I actually find the challenges pretty boring. The only thing they challenge is your patientce. collect 5 of these, bake one of these, grow 10 of these. this is supposed to be a game for teens with adequately developed intellect, not three year olds.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 7:44 PM
Its annoying...I'm going to actually want it....damn my bank account will not be happy with me.
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Oprah
Exactly my thoughts. The main neighbourhoods lack night clubs, restaurants, I mean real restaurants, not just rabbit holes, the same goes for shops. And how about sports like basketball, football, bowling, skating, whatever. There is more to life than just going to parks and eating grilled hot-dogs or fishing with the Reaper standing behind your back. In short, I hoped that the main neighbourhoods will get some improvement before we start sending our Sims to discover the new world.

I agree. A combination of Nightlife and Free Time would have been a lot better for a first EP.

And I doubt weather or beaches will be in the game. From the sounds of the destinations, the China and France destinations both have mild climates, and the Egypt one has a hot climate, none which would require different weather options besides sunny. And none of the destinations would require a beach to be added because none are tropical locations.
Theorist
#67 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 8:06 PM
Quote:
If you didn't go on vacations in TS2, BV was useless.

For you, obviously it was useless, so your statement is subjective and shouldn't be stated as fact. For me it was great! I loved Sims being able to live on beach lots and comb the sand for seashells and trinkets and dig for treasure. I also love the new furniture and build mode stuff that came with BV. BV made my island neighborhood maps much more realistic just by allowing my Sims to have true beach access. I also loved that they could swim in the ocean.

There is evidence in existing TS3 that at one point swimming in the ocean will again be possible. Someone on a modding forum was able to enable the interaction for the ocean, but when selected, the Sim couldn't perform the action.

Quote:
The main neighbourhoods lack night clubs,

Fat lot of good night clubs would do when Sims all go home and to bed between 9 and 10 p.m. I also would love something like Nightlife but as things stand, even the Sims I'm controlling automatically attempt to go to bed at some point between 9 and 11 p.m., even if their energy bars are half full and over. When I'm playing a large family, I tend to stagger their sleep schedules so I'm not playing the whole family at all times and it's annoying as all get-out when I'm ready to send one of them out to earn his or her living for the day to find them headed to bed when they're not even tired.
Instructor
#68 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 8:08 PM
Ugh. BV was massively useless in TS2, with its three predetermined themes and total lack of customization - and it doesn't look like the TS3 implementation will be any better.
Top Secret Researcher
#69 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misty_2004
For you, obviously it was useless, so your statement is subjective and shouldn't be stated as fact. For me it was great! I loved Sims being able to live on beach lots and comb the sand for seashells and trinkets and dig for treasure. I also love the new furniture and build mode stuff that came with BV. BV made my island neighborhood maps much more realistic just by allowing my Sims to have true beach access. I also loved that they could swim in the ocean.

There is evidence in existing TS3 that at one point swimming in the ocean will again be possible. Someone on a modding forum was able to enable the interaction for the ocean, but when selected, the Sim couldn't perform the action.

I'm sorry if it seemed like I was stating it as a fact, I didn't mean to come off like that. The reason why I said it because I hated the new clothes, hair, furniture, and style. The beach features were nice and swimming in the ocean was cool. Maybe they'll add these features for the beaches in Sunset Valley.
Theorist
#70 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 8:20 PM
Quote:
The reason why I said it because I hated the new clothes, hair, furniture, and style. The beach features were nice and swimming in the ocean was cool. Maybe they'll add these features for the beaches in Sunset Valley.

When it comes to furniture I am always on the side of staying away from trendy and overly-modern looking. That's one of the reasons I loved the furniture in BV. I'm the same way with clothes. I want clothing that doesn't look like it's going to be out of style in three months because it is going to have to last in my game for years. A lot of the BV clothing was like that. It wouldn't matter if someone is wearing a pair of cargo shorts 10 years ago, today or 10 years from now. Cargo shorts always have been and always will be cool.

Quote:
The beach features were nice and swimming in the ocean was cool. Maybe they'll add these features for the beaches in Sunset Valley.

As I posted above, the swimming in oceans interaction IS already in the game. It just isn't enabled nor does it function.

On another note, I do have to agree with many people here who didn't like being forced into certain types of atmospheres in BV. While in the original, Vacation, there were three different climates it was also possible for Sims to take one single vacation and visit all of the different climates on one trip. I totally LOVED that! I would take Sims on a once-in-a-lifetime vacation. They would stay on one lot until it completely fell apart (as in the dishwashers and plumbing spewing water all over the place, trash strewn everywhere by the vacationies, etc., then move them onto the next lot until the same thing happened and continue to progress through all of the lots where they could spend the night until it was all in shambles. I don't know how good of a time they had, but I had a blast!
Mad Poster
#71 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 8:23 PM
*never had the chance to play Vacation*
And holy SHIT! There's tons of people viewing this thread.
Scholar
#72 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RiBlan
Sunset Valley has -three- beaches. There's a hidden one.

Ooh, where is this?
Mad Poster
#73 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 8:28 PM
You know where the Wolff house is? well, if you face it from the ocean, and then pan the camera up, you'll find it.
Top Secret Researcher
#74 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 8:32 PM
I forgot about the cargo shorts, those were the only clothes from BV I put my sims in. My sims don't have to have trendy, stylish homes and outfits. I usually use simpler clothing and furniture for my sims, but who wears swimwear maxi skirts and kimonos for their everyday get-up? I'd at least like the styles to be realistic.

I wonder why they didn't activate the swimmable oceans options? Probably to add in this EP.

I didn't get to go on that many vacations in TS1 since my Windows 98 went so slow or froze while going to community lots or vacations. The few I did go on were okay, maybe it was limited by my terrible computer.
Mad Poster
#75 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 8:34 PM
*is suddenly wanting to play TS1*
Page 3 of 26