Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Unlocked TV Channels Mods - Sims 3 Seasons: 4-26-2020

by Chaavik Posted 10th Aug 2009 at 9:03 AM - Updated 26th Apr 2020 at 10:32 PM by Chaavik : Fixed AM version uploaded

85 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 73 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 9:24 AM
Thanks my couch potato sims will love this
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 10:04 AM
awesome, thanks, i used to randomly unlock these, so this will really help, how did u unlock them anyway?
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 11:54 AM
Very carefully. That's how I unlocked the channels. Really, it's not hard to find certain values in the lines of code from several files.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 12:32 PM
Good work i can't wait to try it, i hated this feature what where EA thinking?!

Likeing new TS3 build grid and placements, not liking TS3 Store and changes to shops.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 12:58 PM
Thank you! No longer do I have to worry about my Sim getting electrocuted while trying to add channels to their TV. You modders are incredible!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#7 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 2:27 PM
Very nicely done. Thank you!
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 2:39 PM
I kno this probly isnt the place to ask this, but when the sims are idle and in a good mood, and they do that retarded 'cheer' thing or whatever it is, can i get them to stop doin that, its kinda annoying. - thanks in advance
Test Subject
#9 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 3:45 PM
Unlocked channels? They've always been there available to anyone who can boost their sets.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 4:03 PM
You shouldn't say 'unlocked channels' because people will believe there were hidden maxis channels that you couldn't get in game.
Scholar
#11 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 4:32 PM
Is this compatible with Indie mod? Or any core mod?

"When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars"
Test Subject
#12 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vanito
Is this compatible with Indie mod? Or any core mod?

I have awesome mod and it works fine, i think you would be ok.

awesome job!

~Shadogate

Falcon PAWNCH!!!
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 5:53 PM
Thanks. Friggin' pissed me off that my poorer sims couldn't watch all of the channels. Now, if only you could do something about the bookshelves not having ALL of the books on them... (You buy the cheep bookshelf and the most expensive one and the expensive one has more books in it by default. What's up with that?!)

With a name like Saxy, you know it's unique.

Don't know what a TARDIS is? Click Here to find out!!
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 6:28 PM
Isabella, not everyone have Sims with the Handy trait to unlock all of the channels that were previously unavailable due to the lack of certain traits and skill levels to watch them.

jadaytime, I will call it however I see fit even if I use the words "unlocked channels". Read the description thoroughly again and notice the list of unlocked channels available on the TVs. These are not the hidden Maxis channels. These are the regular tv channels that don't become available until your Sim reaches a certain skill point in a certain skill or have certain traits.

In Sims 2, all of the channels were available for Sims to watch no matter what skills they have or what personalities they have. This is what I wanted to do;this is what I wanted to share with those who might enjoy having all of the channels unlocked to watch.

Keep in mind that any skill points the Sims earn from watching is gained the normal way. Any buff associated with these tvs are retained; nothing has been done to remove or add them to the other tvs. Sims still have to boost their tvs to get a better reception.

Don't flame in this thread again, isabella and jadaytime.
Inventor
#15 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 6:41 PM
I don't think they were flaming, just pointing things out...

Anywayz, awesomeness!! I was a little confused when certain Sims couldn't watch the cooking channel or the Kids' channel, which was always available in the other games. Thanks for this! :D
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 6:42 PM
Very Nice, I was waiting for something like this.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 6:54 PM
thank you so much! i was wondering why certain channels were different tvs for certain people. i have a question though, is it possible to add your own channels like making little clips of movies so the sims could watch them, i doubt it because i don't remember seeing things like that for sims 2 but it would be cool if you could.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 7:44 PM
I don't think they were flaming because they both thought of the same thing and wanted to point it out to you. If they noticed this, wouldn't more people notice it, too? The description is well done but the first thing people see would be the title. Not asking you to change it, I didn't even really understand what this really did until I read the comments.

Anyways, good job on this. I'll go spoil my sims some more =]

There are three sides to a story:
Your side, the other person's side and the truth.

The Sims Cubed
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 9:41 PM
I've always had all of these channels...I didn't know they were locked for most people.

A watched pot never boils. But a watched pan still fries, and a grease fire burns down your house whether you watch it or not.
Inventor
#20 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 10:04 PM
Well, I've always had the channels, too, but that is because I had my sims upgrade their tvs before they even watched them and I also have them build up all their skills before I do much else when I first start a game. The thing I like about this mod is that it also adds fun, which was missing from the game. So thank you very much, Chaavik for making and sharing this mod.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 10:54 PM
Much needed! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 12:36 AM
Great JOB!!!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 12:44 AM
that soviet russia thing, i know this, where did i see that...
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 12:46 AM
thats, thats family guy right?
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 4:43 AM
No, it's all about the cape as claimed by Pescado at MATY. He always have odd slogans such as "In Soviet Russia Bathroom Runs You!", and other folks caught on with their own slogans like his.

:D
Page 1 of 4