Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#51 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 10:14 PM
Thanks much. I especially like that I can actually use the towers as overflow rooms or jails.

Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
Serena_Moonstone: Wow! That isn`t a *castle*, it`s a [censored] [bleep] PALACE! Want! ::drool::
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 4:58 AM
I know you're not done with the castle yet, but I feel it needs better landscaping. Right now, all I see are clusters of gray stone over blue water. I would try adding plants and trees. Rocks might spoil it, as the lot itself is already made of rocks.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 7:14 AM
General, don't get so mad at me! It's not like I'm choosing a name right now! Vladholme is still an option. The castle must first be finished.

I don't give a f*ck, God sent me to piss the world off!
Scholar
#54 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 7:26 AM
VladCrau-You are right,you will have time to choose name,but first finish the castle.Can you upload new pictures so we can see it?
Instructor
#55 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 3:56 PM
Vlad, the only thing that pops into my head is "Winterfell" but that's not original. It's the northermost castle in "A Game of Thrones" by George R. R. Martin. In my head Winterfell looks a little like yours. An variant might be Winterholme. Someone else here said "Montague" but that sounds like a manor house.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#56 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 6:08 PM
bubba, I never heard of "A Game of Thrones . I guess "Winter-something" would go for a mountain + snow region. Interesting...

#57 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 6:33 PM
"General, don't get so mad at me! It's not like I'm choosing a name right now! Vladholme is still an option."
What, me, angry? Not at all, just disappointed to think that you were dismissing my suggestion in what appeared to be an "out-of-hand" manner, what with giving me reasons that also could be applied to the name you had chosen as a working name. My apologies if I came across too strongly.

"The castle must first be finished." [Emphasis mine.]
Aye, but you were the one who brought up the fact that you were still wanting a name for the castle.

Serena_Moonstone: "Thanks much." You`re very welcome!

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 6:19 PM
Okay, guys. Sorry it took me so long for an update.
Also, sorry for the quality (rather, lack of it) of the pics. I took them in a hurry, with the in-game screenshot taker.
Hopefully NOW it's ready for upload.
Screenshots

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#59 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 8:08 AM
Okay, thought of something I wanna share with all the guys (and galls ) helping me out on this castle. It's about the name.
I feel sorry I didn't gave this much detail on what I'm looking for. I'm NOT looking to build a monument in my honor! So, if any of you want to help me out with the name as well, stop suggesting names that are puns on my name (sorry, General. To make it up to you, I'm dropping "Craudalv" as the working name).

Just wanted to clear that out...

Scholar
#60 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 8:36 AM
Much better!But,if you want to upload this and to make screenshots better,you need to turn off shadows in your game,in options.Also that white baroque fence is very 'out' of whole construction.And you should use this fireplace http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=162948 because it doesn't have chimney.
I think that it will end up good
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#61 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 2:30 PM
pegasus, apparently the fireplace has some issue with a reappearing chimney. I do appreciate that you're trying to help me, but I won't include CC I'm not 100% it works.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#62 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 2:41 PM
Other than the chimney, is there anything else that might need tweaking? I really want to upload the castle ASAP.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#63 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 6:34 PM
Okay, I'll try to upload it as it is. Here goes something...

#64 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 6:45 PM
Link, please, when/if approved.

Also, what expansions does it require, and how much CC does it use?

P.S.: Do you mind if I name *MY* copy Vladholme?

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 6:58 PM
@ General: Knock yourself out. I actually gave up any name; now it's just "Medieval Castle". I just couldn't stand choosing one name over another. Now, on to the upload process...

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#66 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 7:41 PM
Okay, it's now in the upload queue. Let's hope for the best

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#67 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 8:08 AM
Great news! The castle got approved, and I owe it all to you, guys, for your incredibly valuable feedback. Couldn't have done it without you!

Here's the link ---> http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=366502

ENJOY!

#68 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 6:55 PM
Thanks! I`m heading over there right now to check it out.

Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: do not delete - contains useful infos & links (uploaded but still useful to lot builders)
Page 3 of 3